• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diamondbacks in on Garza?

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im down fuck kennedy he can replace him

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, they want A LOT for him. I really hope KT isn't dumb enough to trade Bradley for him. Skaggs might have to be in it along with a couple lower level guys. We'd have to get an extension done with Garza though prior to the deal for it to be worth it. No way in hell KT would be dumb enough to trade for a rental. At least I'd hope not...

At this point the only untouchables should be Bradley and Davidson, imo. If we deal Skaggs, it better end up getting us a hell of a player back...

Corbin, Garza, Miley, Cahill, Delgado would be my starting 5. McCarthy and Kennedy are expendable.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree dont give up too much but it would nice to get him

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he'd definitely be an upgrade to the rotation. He's been pitching really well as of late.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means getting him longterm

im open to giving up skaggs

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not bradley or davidson

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means getting him longterm

im open to giving up skaggs

Yeah, it's such a risk though. Skaggs could essentially produce just as well as Garza and you know that extension for Garza will be pricey. In the long haul we might regret it, but for the next couple years it would definitely improve our team.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since we were talking about extending both IPK and Huddy, you got to figure that means the team figures to have to some cash that could be used to sign Garza long term instead. I just don't know how much he is going to command, and if it's too much, I doubt we could pull a trade that I would be comfortable with the value of players we have to give up in addition to the high cost to extend Garza.....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, since we were talking about extending both IPK and Huddy, you got to figure that means the team figures to have to some cash that could be used to sign Garza long term instead. I just don't know how much he is going to command, and if it's too much, I doubt we could pull a trade that I would be comfortable with the value of players we have to give up in addition to the high cost to extend Garza.....

That's exactly my concern. It may be best for us to just hang on to our prospects and try to let them develop. It's so tempting to go after a proven, solid starter though... especially with how shaky some of our guys have been. I'm torn on this... if we could land him without giving up any of Skaggs, Bradley or Davidson somehow (unlikely) then I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been really impressed by Garza's pitching. He is playing well this season, but, overall, he has always seemed like a 3rd starter to me. He's solid, but I don't think he is worth it if it means losing Skaggs, Bradley, or any of our best prospects. Those guys could become equal to or better than Garza within the next couple of years.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never been really impressed by Garza's pitching. He is playing well this season, but, overall, he has always seemed like a 3rd starter to me. He's solid, but I don't think he is worth it if it means losing Skaggs, Bradley, or any of our best prospects. Those guys could become equal to or better than Garza within the next couple of years.

I was looking at this again more closely, and I don't want Garza.....He's pitching over his head right now and the Cubs want to be paid for that......I wouldn't mind him at all, but he's having his best season, and we would have to give up way too much....please, please pass.....although if we pass, the Dodgers might likely land him......I fucking hate the Dodgers!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently there is more speculation that AZ will go after Jake Peavy. Wonder what it would take to land him, he's pitched pretty well this year and gets a lot of K's but he's too injury prone for my liking.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that. In his last two starts before hitting the DL he gave up 12 runs in a total of 6 innings... didn't see that until now, but he was pitching very well before that.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scratch that. In his last two starts before hitting the DL he gave up 12 runs in a total of 6 innings... didn't see that until now, but he was pitching very well before that.

I'd rather take a gamble on Peavy on the cheap (prospect wise) then give both good talent and high dollars on a Garza......And we know how Towers loves all his Padre pitchers.....if we could roll the dice for cheap, I'd go that route then any other starting pitcher mentioned thus far solely because of the talent and dollars given up threshold doesn't mesh with most others.....we shouldn't have to give up much talent, but will pay a bit more for a gamble......granted I'm not expecting much, but he could be "healthy" and roll for a pennant drive.....

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather take a gamble on Peavy on the cheap (prospect wise) then give both good talent and high dollars on a Garza......And we know how Towers loves all his Padre pitchers.....if we could roll the dice for cheap, I'd go that route then any other starting pitcher mentioned thus far solely because of the talent and dollars given up threshold doesn't mesh with most others.....we shouldn't have to give up much talent, but will pay a bit more for a gamble......granted I'm not expecting much, but he could be "healthy" and roll for a pennant drive.....

Yeah I'm with you there. Prospect wise he'd be much cheaper than Garza PLUS we wouldn't have to worry about extending him since he's signed through next year. I think a healthy Peavy would thrive on returning to the NL West. I'd trust him over anyone in our current rotation besides Corbin.

nogicat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowden on Garza to dbacks: "the D-backs as "dark horses," adding that their odds in the Garza sweepstakes would increase if they were willing to part with left-hander David Holmberg."

If we give him up and not skaggs, bradley, or davidson for garza..
Im down