• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DH wants to improve the facilities

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some WVU fans need to get a clue.

Will improved facilities lead to more wins? No... not necessarily.

But, will improved facilities help get the kind of recruits needed to compete in the Big 12? Absolutely.

Not every coach is as gifted in recruiting as Doc Holliday. Kids love to go to programs that have the total package. If WVU is to compete for the top rated recruits against other top notch programs... it has to be an even playing field.

Any coach who would replace Dana... would want to have the exact same things done.

Let's get real...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am rather slow, but this was satirical, right?

No i have already burned my degree and all my WVU gear! I think the whole school might shut down. This has been DH's plan since day one! :closed_2:

I am joining the "absolutes club"! :lm:

:laugh3:

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No i have already burned my degree and all my WVU gear! I think the whole school might shut down. This has been DH's plan since day one! :closed_2:

I am joining the "absolutes club"! :lm:

:laugh3:

Oh behave yourself, don't let some turn you into a cynical fool. It's a tough time, I can admit that, but WVU traditions will rise again, I have that hope.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is really the key...kids see what kind of commitment a school really has to their programs by what the INVEST into it....

If you still think handing a kid a free ride and telling him he has the "Privledge" to play Divison 1 football and that being enough ...well those days are long gone!

Funny it seems like a lifetime ago that all Rich wanted was some basketball tickets for recruiting and books for his kids to go to class!...LOL!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In looking deeper into Briles, one could rather easily compare his situation at Baylor to our Holgerson's situation at WVU. I had not realized that fact until last night.

Jim,

I am an old fart. I have seen a lot of coaches come and go across the land.

The problem with assessing Dana is there is no history there for us to evaluate. Nothing to go to see how he has built programs in the past.

With Briles, we know he has had success building programs. He did it at UH before he came to Baylor. He is doing it at Baylor now.

But, there is a process.

What we are going through at WVU is similar to what TCU is going through. TCU was picked by some experts to win the Big 12 this season. But, injuries have depleted their team. The lack of quality depth has left them weakened.

Make no mistake, Briles is an excellent football coach. But, Baylor has gone all-in to support his program. Since the school has started to invest, kids are signing on with Baylor. These kids would likely not have done so in the past. They had some of the worst facilities in college football.

IMO, Dana deserves to have time to prove his abilities. But, it would be unfair to say he cannot recruit, or he cannot coach... when facilities affect the chances for getting the better recruit... or affect the way the staff is used to conducting business.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh behave yourself, don't let some turn you into a cynical fool. It's a tough time, I can admit that, but WVU traditions will rise again, I have that hope.

Come on Jim you should know from my post that this will never be me....I would never watch something if I was as negative about that subject like some here.

Tough times for sure, but I am here for the ride until the ride is over.

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim,

I am an old fart. I have seen a lot of coaches come and go across the land.

The problem with assessing Dana is there is no history there for us to evaluate. Nothing to go to see how he has built programs in the past.

With Briles, we know he has had success building programs. He did it at UH before he came to Baylor. He is doing it at Baylor now.

But, there is a process.

What we are going through at WVU is similar to what TCU is going through. TCU was picked by some experts to win the Big 12 this season. But, injuries have depleted their team. The lack of quality depth has left them weakened.

Make no mistake, Briles is an excellent football coach. But, Baylor has gone all-in to support his program. Since the school has started to invest, kids are signing on with Baylor. These kids would likely not have done so in the past. They had some of the worst facilities in college football.

IMO, Dana deserves to have time to prove his abilities. But, it would be unfair to say he cannot recruit, or he cannot coach... when facilities affect the chances for getting the better recruit... or affect the way the staff is used to conducting business.

I'm on for the ride up the mountain. He has a whole bunch of proving to do for sure, and if he doesn't, it won't make any difference what anybody feels, Luck will cut his umbilical cord quicker than a newborns father. Can Holgerson do it? I want to think so, I really do, and if giving him better facilities with which to use as bait for those big guys we need, so be it, those things never diminish in value, no matter who is head coach!

JIMKOON

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Jim you should know from my post that this will never be me....I would never watch something if I was as negative about that subject like some here.

Tough times for sure, but I am here for the ride until the ride is over.

I do know DCWV, you have a very balanced perspective for sure, AND, a wicked sense of humor!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another i am not saying Mountaineer Field was a rip off, I am saying a 9 mil dollar warehouse with turf on the floor is...if you and I went out today and put 9 mil into making a structure like that we would have about 7 mil left over! lol
I agree with you guys. I'm sure the turf cost about 1 mil, so 8 mil for the building?? Really?? SMH

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on for the ride up the mountain. He has a whole bunch of proving to do for sure, and if he doesn't, it won't make any difference what anybody feels, Luck will cut his umbilical cord quicker than a newborns father. Can Holgerson do it? I want to think so, I really do, and if giving him better facilities with which to use as bait for those big guys we need, so be it, those things never diminish in value, no matter who is head coach!

Jim, this is how I look at the situation. There are things I have seen in Dana's time that impress, there are things that don't. I hate that he has not developed the leadership within the team to find a way to get through adversity… to find a will to win the games they should win. I hate the arrogance of the team.

But, I want him to do well. If he does well, then the team does well. I support him while he is the coach of my favorite team.

Bottom line, even if Dana is fired… the next coach is going to demand the very same improvements to WVU's facilities. If they materialize during Dana's tenure, but he fails to earn the right to remain WVU's coach… the next guy in line will benefit.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim, this is how I look at the situation. There are things I have seen in Dana's time that impress, there are things that don't. I hate that he has not developed the leadership within the team to find a way to get through adversity… to find a will to win the games they should win. I hate the arrogance of the team.

But, I want him to do well. If he does well, then the team does well. I support him while he is the coach of my favorite team.

Bottom line, even if Dana is fired… the next coach is going to demand the very same improvements to WVU's facilities. If they materialize during Dana's tenure, but he fails to earn the right to remain WVU's coach… the next guy in line will benefit.

:agree:......and I would add this to this post....everyone needs to keep in mind that Wv year in and year out is at a disadvantage due to the need to recruit 99.9% of its class out of state...Wv has to be better than the rest to convince a kid that he is coming to a program that is committed to him and to winning!...

It takes just a little more these days than a BBQ at Rich's house and Rita getting into her old Cheerleader outfit and pole dancing for the team!!..:omg:

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good point Slaton. I will add to that just a little. I feel like WV (recruiting wise) is out in the badlands. If recruits want mom and dad to see them play ( and most do)--WV is a tough choice due to location. We have lost a ton of kids in PA/VA/MD for this reason and find it tough to get the goods ones from the southwest. This my friends is the pain of the Big 12 that goes along with the paycheck.