• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant to Rams?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz stated matter-of-factly that he anticipates the Cowboys will release Dez Bryant after the draft.

"The Cowboys will cut Dez Bryant, after the draft, but make no mistake -- they will cut him," Schultz tweeted Tuesday. As of two weeks ago, the Cowboys had reportedly yet to approach Bryant about taking a pay cut from the scheduled $12.5 million salary he's set to earn in 2018. But on Monday, EVP Stephen Jones said a talk with Bryant "still needs" to happen. The Cowboys recently added Allen Hurns and are apparently open to taking a receiver early in next month's draft. Bryant carries a $16.5 million cap number, and Dallas can clear $12.5 million by making him a post-June 1 cut. The 29-year-old would not struggle to find a new team. Dez Bryant may as well sign with the Rams like everyone else.

Source: Jordan Schultz on Twitter

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knock me over with a feather.

If only that one.... hadn't gotten away.

I think it broke his back.

He's better off gone.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Cut me??! Cut me??!?! How DARE the Cowboys even THINK of cutting me! I'M DEZ MOTHAFUCKIN' BRYANT, MOTHAFUCKAZ!"
dez1.gif

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought about this. Could happen and I think it's more likely than OBJ.

Dez is 29 so he's got some left if healthy. Ike Bruce, Faulk, Warner were all 28 when they won the super bow I believe.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dez is 29 so he's got some left if healthy. Ike Bruce, Faulk, Warner were all 28 when they won the super bow I believe.

He's not a #1 though. IMO he would be better off as the #2 WR on a team.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a #1 though. IMO he would be better off as the #2 WR on a team.

Last year not really no. How hurt was he? Cowboys were a mess. He's only 29 so he's far from done. Needs a better offensive guru than Jason Garrett

Larry Fitzgerald says hi.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that Dez has plenty of time left physically.

The bigger question is how much time it will take for him to mature into an adult, but if he hasn't already done so there isn't much hope for him unless he has some sort of life changing moment or epiphany, although if that happened he'd probably be too thick to learn anything from it.

Dez would probably love to go to a team like the rams if Dallas cuts him but the rams may not want to accept him. Sean Mcvay is a very young coach and Dez probably needs someone who is not going to put up with any shit from him whatsoever...even though they did just sign Talib.

In all honesty one of the failings of Jason "Jerrahpuppet" Garrett is that even though he may try to run a "tight ship", he doesn't have the Belichik or Parcells touch to get players like Dez to act like professionals and not little children.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The bigger question is how much time it will take for him to mature into an adult, but if he hasn't already done so there isn't much hope for him unless he has some sort of life changing moment or epiphany, although if that happened he'd probably be too thick to learn anything from it.

Dez would probably love to go to a team like the rams if Dallas cuts him but the rams may not want to accept him. Sean Mcvay is a very young coach and Dez probably needs someone who is not going to put up with any shit from him whatsoever...even though they did just sign Talib.

In all honesty one of the failings of Jason "Jerrahpuppet" Garrett is that even though he may try to run a "tight ship", he doesn't have the Belichik or Parcells touch to get players like Dez to act like professionals and not little children.

wrong.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol!

Sometimes I think you respond to my posts because you feel you have some obligation, for some reason. I really don't know why but anyway this was your poorest effort yet!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year not really no. How hurt was he? Cowboys were a mess. He's only 29 so he's far from done. Needs a better offensive guru than Jason Garrett

Larry Fitzgerald says hi.
Dude Larry never dipped like he did, and wasn’t hurt good argument

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, do the Rams need a #2 possession receiver? Because that is all Dez is at this point.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Sean McVay puts up with shit, laughing.

Sean McVay is just 'bout that accountability, boss

When the Rams brought in Sean McVay as the youngest head coach in NFL history many people around the league had questions. Is he too young? Can he lead a group of guys, some of whom are older than him? Does he have enough football experience to be a head coach? Questions, answered.

The Rams head coach has proved himself as an offensive mastermind, taking the Rams offense from worst to first. He helped Jared Goff to develop and silence anyone who dared call him a “bust”. He brought Todd Gurley back to his Rookie of the Year form and has him set to exceed it. However, these things did not come as much of a surprise for those who understood what a sharp offensive mind McVay is.

McVay took over and instantly began preaching accountability to his players, holding them to a high standard at every turn. When Tyler Higbee arrived late for a McVay meeting during camp, he was fined. When players don’t conduct themselves properly on the field, they are fined. When running sprints in practice, McVay watches the film later on and ensures that his players touch the line every single time. The Rams players don’t dare be late for their coach’s meetings anymore, no matter what the situation. But the youngest head coach in NFL history is also quick to praise his players, and that has been much appreciated by this Rams team.
The accountability begins with McVay himself, who may be his own harshest critic. The young coach got on the stand at a press conference earlier this season and criticized his own play calling after a tough loss to the Redskins. He practices what he preaches, day in and day out.

When Rams star wide receiver Sammy Watkins took to twitter to voice his frustrations earlier this season, McVay sat down with him. In a press conference later on McVay made it known that he and Watkins watched every single play of the Seattle game, talking about Watkins can do better and what McVay can do in order to give him more opportunities.

When it appeared that a scuffle was forming just before halftime of the Rams game on Sunday, McVay and his staff ran out to get their players to the locker room. That may not sound like something that stands out, but not a single Giants coach was anywhere near the group that formed.

Accountability is the number one thing on the list of McVay’s expectations for his team, and he proves it on a consistent basis.

BottleWalk

Holier Than Thou
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Sean McVay puts up with shit, laughing.

Sean McVay is just 'bout that accountability, boss

When the Rams brought in Sean McVay as the youngest head coach in NFL history many people around the league had questions. Is he too young? Can he lead a group of guys, some of whom are older than him? Does he have enough football experience to be a head coach? Questions, answered.

The Rams head coach has proved himself as an offensive mastermind, taking the Rams offense from worst to first. He helped Jared Goff to develop and silence anyone who dared call him a “bust”. He brought Todd Gurley back to his Rookie of the Year form and has him set to exceed it. However, these things did not come as much of a surprise for those who understood what a sharp offensive mind McVay is.

McVay took over and instantly began preaching accountability to his players, holding them to a high standard at every turn. When Tyler Higbee arrived late for a McVay meeting during camp, he was fined. When players don’t conduct themselves properly on the field, they are fined. When running sprints in practice, McVay watches the film later on and ensures that his players touch the line every single time. The Rams players don’t dare be late for their coach’s meetings anymore, no matter what the situation. But the youngest head coach in NFL history is also quick to praise his players, and that has been much appreciated by this Rams team.
The accountability begins with McVay himself, who may be his own harshest critic. The young coach got on the stand at a press conference earlier this season and criticized his own play calling after a tough loss to the Redskins. He practices what he preaches, day in and day out.

When Rams star wide receiver Sammy Watkins took to twitter to voice his frustrations earlier this season, McVay sat down with him. In a press conference later on McVay made it known that he and Watkins watched every single play of the Seattle game, talking about Watkins can do better and what McVay can do in order to give him more opportunities.

When it appeared that a scuffle was forming just before halftime of the Rams game on Sunday, McVay and his staff ran out to get their players to the locker room. That may not sound like something that stands out, but not a single Giants coach was anywhere near the group that formed.

Accountability is the number one thing on the list of McVay’s expectations for his team, and he proves it on a consistent basis.
All of that sounds great. I still don't want a 30-something year old being the disciplinarian for Dez Bryant. It's as much about perception as anything else and that at least should be simple to understand...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of that sounds great. I still don't want a 30-something year old being the disciplinarian for Dez Bryant. It's as much about perception as anything else and that at least should be simple to understand...

Leadership isn't defined by age but character.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Rams wanted OBJ then Dez is a good consolation prize.