• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant having a rough start

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never had that speed.
No, but he clearly looks slower than when he first came into the league. Remember all the talk of him returning punts? I can't imagine how that would be helpful now. When you aren't blazing fast and you lose a step I think it hurts more. It's up to the team to get him into situations where he can get open - slants and crossing patterns where he can use his size and get the defender behind him. He isn't going to run passed anyone down the sideline and of course it is up to him to get open too. There was a replay of an incomplete pass where he was moving to the right in the end zone and the defender was behind him and to his left and he turned back to his left and into the defender to look for the ball. Also the int by Dak where he had his hands the wrong way. Dez is a very good player and can be dominant like on that TD Monday night, but he still seems to need to work on some of the simple things.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but he clearly looks slower than when he first came into the league. Remember all the talk of him returning punts? I can't imagine how that would be helpful now. When you aren't blazing fast and you lose a step I think it hurts more. It's up to the team to get him into situations where he can get open - slants and crossing patterns where he can use his size and get the defender behind him. He isn't going to run passed anyone down the sideline and of course it is up to him to get open too. There was a replay of an incomplete pass where he was moving to the right in the end zone and the defender was behind him and to his left and he turned back to his left and into the defender to look for the ball. Also the int by Dak where he had his hands the wrong way. Dez is a very good player and can be dominant like on that TD Monday night, but he still seems to need to work on some of the simple things.

He may be slower, but he never had separation speed. If/when he separated it's off a double move where the cb bit.
Yes I remember the return talk, but that's all it ever was, and if I recall us fans all thought it was a dumb idea.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be slower, but he never had separation speed. If/when he separated it's off a double move where the cb bit.
Yes I remember the return talk, but that's all it ever was, and if I recall us fans all thought it was a dumb idea.
:scratch:

Dez Bryant asks Cowboys to let him return punts
"As a rookie in 2010, Dez Bryant was one of the best punt returners in the NFL, with a 14.3-yard average and two touchdowns."

It was only thought of as a dumb idea because fans didn't want him injured.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both those returns had horrible punt coverage. Only man close to touching him was the punters.
Who was discussing the coverage? His returning punts happened, it wasn't just "talk" and he was darn good at it. I thought he led the nation one year in College, but I could be wrong.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was discussing the coverage? His returning punts happened, it wasn't just "talk" and he was darn good at it. I thought he led the nation one year in College, but I could be wrong.
I'm saying that wasn't speed that scored those TDs it was bad coverage.
Are you going to sit there and suggest Dez was at one time a fast reciever?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying that wasn't speed that scored those TDs it was bad coverage.
Are you going to sit there and suggest Dez was at one time a fast reciever?
No and I didn't say that. I'm sticking with exactly what I already said:

1) He was actually a punt returner for us. It was not just "talk" as you stated.
2) He was faster when he came into the league than he is now - 4.5 is Probably about average (same speed as T Will who got open deep a lot). He is probably a decent amount slower than that now.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in my opinion. His game has always been about out muscling his opponent. Probably a good reason why he struggles against physical DBs.

He was that way in college too.. He would go up and get the ball, then power through to the goal. Mike Evans most closely reminded me of Dez.

Not fast but strong and determined.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No and I didn't say that. I'm sticking with exactly what I already said:

1) He was actually a punt returner for us. It was not just "talk" as you stated.
2) He was faster when he came into the league than he is now - 4.5 is Probably about average (same speed as T Will who got open deep a lot). He is probably a decent amount slower than that now.
I'm saying if he's slower it's not by much.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The threat of Dez makes him valuable. Dallas isn't a team that throws a lot of passes in the area that Dez is effective but take Dez off this team and the offense isn't nearly as good. He is still an excellent red zone target making Dallas really hard to stop cause you have to worry about him, a great RB and, in addition, a QB who can run it in

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The threat of Dez makes him valuable. Dallas isn't a team that throws a lot of passes in the area that Dez is effective but take Dez off this team and the offense isn't nearly as good. He is still an excellent red zone target making Dallas really hard to stop cause you have to worry about him, a great RB and, in addition, a QB who can run it in

Sum of the parts, I agree.

He will never be confused with Julio Jones though.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying if he's slower it's not by much.
Maybe, not sure how to tell. to my eyes he looks slower, but I really couldn't say for sure

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Zone is the most important thing for him and where I think he is stilled feared. He doesn't always get safety help when split out wide like a couple of years ago, but does still get it a lot

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even consider Jason Witten running anymore. More like speed walking. Yet all he does is get separation and catch the ball.