• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2017 Thread

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Mikie Mahtook, CF
3. Justin Upton, LF
4. Miguel Cabrera, DH
5. John Hicks, 1B
6. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
7. James McCann, C
8. Alex Presley, RF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C James McCann, IF/OF Andrew Romine, IF Dixon Machado.

Starting pitcher: RHP Anibal Sanchez

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah I think we can start to consider Castellanos a bust until he starts hitting in the next two years. But it's not looking good with his already shit defense.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I know the Tigers are getting destroyed this series, but Beltre is the god!! My favorite MLB player.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubled my Tigers second half watching the last two nights.

Good on anyone that has watched this pitching staff all summer. Fuck....

Complete garbage.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yeah I think we can start to consider Castellanos a bust until he starts hitting in the next two years. But it's not looking good with his already shit defense.

Castellanos' tenure with Detroit will not just depend on his bat, but IF he can play the OF and IF Avila stays on as GM. A new GM is not going to have any ''attachment'' to Castellanos as a player developed within the Tiger system. IMO...2018 is his final shot in Detroit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And another error...

Has to be the worst defensive infielder in baseball. No way another franchise would tolerate this shit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't even like baseball. Seriously. I've heard him say it.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubled my Tigers second half watching the last two nights.

Good on anyone that has watched this pitching staff all summer. Fuck....

Complete garbage.

The longer Avila, Ausmus, and Dubee stick around this month and next....the more and more likely that we'll see a ''cleaning of the house'' October 1. I'd worry if they just can Ausmus right now.....would that mean Avila still has power to make those kind of decisions????

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longer Avila, Ausmus, and Dubee stick around this month and next....the more and more likely that we'll see a ''cleaning of the house'' October 1. I'd worry if they just can Ausmus right now.....would that mean Avila still has power to make those kind of decisions????
I don't Ausmus getting fired before the season ends.

But that's not an angle I'd worried about before. Lol

There's a chance the franchise rides out the wave of shit thru next season too. Avila did resupply areas of need last month in the minors. A lot more of that to come. Atleast with Kinsler and jV at some point. Whenever that is in the next 11.5 months.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't Ausmus getting fired before the season ends.

But that's not an angle I'd worried about before. Lol

There's a chance the franchise rides out the wave of shit thru next season too. Avila did resupply areas of need last month in the minors. A lot more of that to come. Atleast with Kinsler and jV at some point. Whenever that is in the next 11.5 months.
At this point, I just want Ausmus fired after this season and not extended. If he is retained, I don't think I'm going to waste my time even following this team next year. I never felt like that before and sat through many shitty and Lions and Raiders seasons, but this might be the final straw for me. Avila has made next to no good decisions that makes me think this franchise is going in a positive direction. Chris Illitch seriously needs to just sell the team if he really gives no fucks. I would rather just root for another team or not follow the sport anymore than just watch a franchise that gives no fucks again like the Lions used to.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I just want Ausmus fired after this season and not extended. If he is retained, I don't think I'm going to waste my time even following this team next year. I never felt like that before and sat through many shitty and Lions and Raiders seasons, but this might be the final straw for me. Avila has made next to no good decisions that makes me think this franchise is going in a positive direction. Chris Illitch seriously needs to just sell the team if he really gives no fucks. I would rather just root for another team or not follow the sport anymore than just watch a franchise that gives no fucks again like the Lions used to.
I'm not in support of Ausmus and Al staying. I just think it might happen.

Nobody is going to win with this franchise next year. Too much dead money tied up in guys like Victor and Zimmerman to do any real improvement in the offseason. Short term anyway.

I've never been more indifferent when it comes to the Tigers. (I watched maybe four games since the break.)Wasn't prepared to handle the window closing. I've never expierienced it with the Tigers before. And I'll be honest, I want them to keep losing to get a better pick.

CI is more of a hockey guy. I think he's kind of open about it. But I think he's going to have some time ahead of him where his focus is on making the Tigers profitable rather than chasing a title against all odds like his Dad. I've met him a few times, he comes across as a quality guy. And I think he definitely cares if the Tigers win. But it's not like I know the guy or anything. He could be a penny pinching dickweed, idk.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in support of Ausmus and Al staying. I just think it might happen.

Nobody is going to win with this franchise next year. Too much dead money tied up in guys like Victor and Zimmerman to do any real improvement in the offseason. Short term anyway.

I've never been more indifferent when it comes to the Tigers. (I watched maybe four games since the break.)Wasn't prepared to handle the window closing. I've never expierienced it with the Tigers before. And I'll be honest, I want them to keep losing to get a better pick.

CI is more of a hockey guy. I think he's kind of open about it. But I think he's going to have some time ahead of him where his focus is on making the Tigers profitable rather than chasing a title against all odds like his Dad. I've met him a few times, he comes across as a quality guy. And I think he definitely cares if the Tigers win. But it's not like I know the guy or anything. He could be a penny pinching dickweed, idk.
One thing is for sure. Most of us feel like they need a new GM if they are to actually build something decent here. Avila hasn't shown anything and his trades were mediocre at best.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for sure. Most of us feel like they need a new GM if they are to actually build something decent here. Avila hasn't shown anything and his trades were mediocre at best.
I'm with you there.

Wilson and Lil Al weren't very valueable imo. AA is real nice backup catcher and a smart, team oriented guy.(He will manage in the bigs someday.) Wilson was hot this year, but is nothing special. I liked that deal.

Sucks they couldn't get more for JD.

I'm glad he didn't unload JV just to unload money. He still has longterm value despite the huge deal. Real glad he didn't move Kinsler. He's cheap and kinda seems like the only leader they have. But I'd like to see him moved next year when the time is right.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, I just want Ausmus fired after this season and not extended. If he is retained, I don't think I'm going to waste my time even following this team next year. I

Your Daryl Rogers reference a few pages back was dead on. "What's a guy gotta do to get fired around here??"

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmermann starts earning $25 million next season. His stats and his current $18mil are already too hard to take.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did ESPN tell you that iffy????
Thought you were sniffing Indian fans butt?? Why you in tiger thread?? You said they are no good. Go watch ESPN. Then make more posts

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineups

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Mikie Mahtook, RF
3. Justin Upton, LF
4. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
5. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
6. Victor Martinez, DH
7. James McCann, C
8. JaCoby Jones, CF
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C John Hicks, OF Alex Presley, IF/OF Andrew Romine, IF Dixon Machado.

Starting pitcher: RHP Michael Fulmer

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did ESPN tell you that iffy????
Thought you were sniffing Indian fans butt?? Why you in tiger thread?? You said they are no good. Go watch ESPN. Then make more posts

Doug, when I suggested you come to this thread to talk about the Tigers - instead of just flaming Tribe fans on the AL Central thread -I did not mean for you to come here and bring your usual junk. I don't do that here. I'd welcome any discussion you want to have about the Tigers, their current problems, and their future. But I'm not trading insults.

So.....Fulmer was sharp Saturday. Some people think Detroit should trade him this winter to stock the minor leagues. Others say he should be the keystone of the pitching staff of the future. What are your thoughts?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That error by Castellanos on that pop-up Saturday!!!!....I don't think I have seen a professional player look more inept on a play. I mean, if there was a strong wind, or he was running to get under the ball, that would be one thing. But this was simply lack of skill and coordination.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That error by Castellanos on that pop-up Saturday!!!!....I don't think I have seen a professional player look more inept on a play. I mean, if there was a strong wind, or he was running to get under the ball, that would be one thing. But this was simply lack of skill and coordination.
He is looking like a 4A player at best.