• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far can we go? Playoff thread

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Discuss

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Mora Playoffs GIF

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was funny....not saying y'all can't.

Denver is a team nobody wants to play right now with a 5 game winning streak.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am taking it one game at a time even as a fan. Just happy we are having success.

Last 5 wins

Packers- Sucked then better now.
Chiefs- Coming off 7 straight wins and 16 straight wins vs us
Bills- Tough team on the road on national TV.
Vikings- Coming off 5 straight wins
Browns- Coming off 3 straight wins and 5 out of their last 6. Great D and best OL in the NFL.

We are beating good teams. The last 4 wins are coming off playoff seeded teams...

We still have a ways to go but we are learning how to win and Payton is flipping the losing culture I talked about from early in the season.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My confidence is growing but they still have a lot of work to do. Conference record is just 3-4, though that can improve down the stretch. Good news is they now have head to head agains the Bills and Browns, and have a chance to add the Texans to that list next week.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands now the Broncos are tied with the Texans and Colts for the last playoff spot, they both have a tiebreaker over us due to conference record but we hold the tiebreaker over the Browns and Bills so that gives us a slight advantage if we can continue to win.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As it stands now the Broncos are tied with the Texans and Colts for the last playoff spot, they both have a tiebreaker over us due to conference record but we hold the tiebreaker over the Browns and Bills so that gives us a slight advantage if we can continue to win.
We play Texans soon, so a win negates any other tie breakers.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play Texans soon, so a win negates any other tie breakers.
Depends on who else wins, if the Colts also win next week then we’re still behind them based on conference record. But if the Browns lose next week then I think the Colts shoot up to 6 and we go to 7.

As it stands right now we lose the tiebreaker against every team we haven’t beaten due to conference record.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Russ still " washed with no shit to turn it around"?

Or nah?? Lol

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or nah?? Lol
If you consider running for his life and check downs two staples of the top NFL qb's in today's game, then sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or nah?? Lol

He will never be the same Russ, IMO but he is WAY better. Funny how having a coach who uses him right makes him a heck of a lot better QB. Coaching? Who would have thought it was important. ;)

OL is way better this year too. But unlike Hackett, Payton is letting Russ do what he does best. Sorta feels like the deep ball has never come back though minus Week 2 this year. Would like to see that return but it just isn't there. Heck, feels like after 2 years ago the deep ball being the way of the NFL it has nearly vanished in everyone's playbook.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence before us indicates that the Broncos at 5 wins in a row - are still getting better in all three phases of the game. I don't know where the ceiling is, but I don't want to limit them with my imagination either.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few games are hard to quantify. Medocre play is lauded as good or great play compared to weeks or years past. Opponents make odd choices at crucial points in a game and we happen to capitalize on them repeatedly. Something that can't realistically happen with consistency, yet here we are with 17 turnovers in 5 games or some such statistical nonsense.

Wilson is lauded for great play, all while completing 50 % of his throws and averaging a few more yards passing than we rush.

Statistically, this bothers me. Logically this team pisses me off. We aren't that good a team. Missed assignments, arm tackles, simplified reads for what was at one time a possible HoF caliber qb.

We are "catching breaks" by playing teams that are heavily injured at crucial positions, making bonehead calls, and getting a lot more calls going our way from referees.

Its like we're on a karmic payback from years past the likes of which the chiefs and patriots combined have never seen.

Should we be this good? Are we really this good? On paper I guess sure. But I don't trust it yet. Five games with this level of "cosmic interference " compared to almost a decade of bad play on one side or the other has ingrained that in me.

So all of you that are on the playoff train, I wish you well. I hope there's a station at the end of your journey.

I'm going to wait a while and watch the arrivals/departures screen a few more weeks before I head that way.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last few games are hard to quantify. Medocre play is lauded as good or great play compared to weeks or years past. Opponents make odd choices at crucial points in a game and we happen to capitalize on them repeatedly. Something that can't realistically happen with consistency, yet here we are with 17 turnovers in 5 games or some such statistical nonsense.

Wilson is lauded for great play, all while completing 50 % of his throws and averaging a few more yards passing than we rush.

Statistically, this bothers me. Logically this team pisses me off. We aren't that good a team. Missed assignments, arm tackles, simplified reads for what was at one time a possible HoF caliber qb.

We are "catching breaks" by playing teams that are heavily injured at crucial positions, making bonehead calls, and getting a lot more calls going our way from referees.

Its like we're on a karmic payback from years past the likes of which the chiefs and patriots combined have never seen.

Should we be this good? Are we really this good? On paper I guess sure. But I don't trust it yet. Five games with this level of "cosmic interference " compared to almost a decade of bad play on one side or the other has ingrained that in me.

So all of you that are on the playoff train, I wish you well. I hope there's a station at the end of your journey.

I'm going to wait a while and watch the arrivals/departures screen a few more weeks before I head that way.
That's perfectly all right - some of us are slow to pick up on the trends, but you will get there.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's perfectly all right - some of us are slow to pick up on the trends, but you will get there.
Some of us prefer confirmation before entering a trade.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is at 68.3% completion percentage which is only slightly behind league leaders. Yes his yardage stats are low, but my eyes tell me he is making winning plays throughout this winning streak, picking up key first downs with his legs, making plays out of nothing (two Sutton TD's and the Trautman TD) and making great decisions at the line of scrimmage, which is pretty vintage Russ. Patyon isn't having him do it on a consistent basis, which is the right move, but when called on he is making plays.

As for the other teams, those other teams like GB, Minnesota, KC and Cleveland have been beating other teams so I don't buy the nonsense that we were fortunate. Maybe for a game or two but it doesn't happen for 5 games straight without the Broncos doing a lot right. That said, I get LGM's stance, but this Cleveland game made be cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season.