• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far can we go? Playoff thread

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs could have helped us with a win vs Indy, but it didn't happen ..

Indy, Houston, Pitt and Cleve are in the way .... We did our jib Sunday, and the matchup vs Houston is enormous

The 1pm EST games in Florida have historically been tough for the Broncos .. Facing Jacksonville or Miami at some point is not unrealistic - with a rematch vs The Fins - something that was unheard of a few weeks ago - possible ..

A win at Houston will go a long way - more important than at Detroit .... and by the time we face the Chargers, esp the 2nd matchup - will we be facing Kellen Moore as interim ??? ... I would prefer Staley stay on for the remainder of the season as the Bolts have really fallen flat under him ... I'd hate to see a revitalized Justin Herbert come out with some newfound fire and inspiration under Moore just as we get to one of the matchups with The Bolts ..

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to see a lot of the Houston Texans - they are entertaining to watch and easy to root for. The Broncos are playing with more purpose if recent efforts carry over. Sean Payton will have the Broncos ready to play and I'm running on the theory coaching has taken over this team - proof of concept baby!

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get to see a lot of the Houston Texans - they are entertaining to watch and easy to root for. The Broncos are playing with more purpose if recent efforts carry over. Sean Payton will have the Broncos ready to play and I'm running on the theory coaching has taken over this team - proof of concept baby!
That is a great point - about coaching taking over the team ..

When the Broncos have fielded good teams in the past, the attention and importance was put on John Elway, Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, etc, and the over to Peyton Manning ..

As good as Mike Shanahan was as a HC, when watching the Broncos of the late 90s, you saw it as Elway's team ... And the same goes for John Fox and Gary Kubiak when Peyton Manning was QB .... Nobody was thinking "this is John Fox's team" ... or "this is Dan Reeves' team"

You really have to go back to The Orange Crush era to find a coaching-centric Bronco team ..

This is the first time in decades you can look at the Broncos and say "this is the head coach's team" .... As good as Russ is playing, as good as Patrick Surtain, Courtland Sutton or Nik Bonito is - this is Sean Payton's team

Last edited:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm sayin' is that the Broncos have made the ESPN Playoff Machine Great Again.

I'm iknowftbll and I approve this message.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've played around with that playoff machine a bunch since the win over the Browns. Even with losses at Texans and Lions, and assuming the other 4 are wins, the Broncos at 10-7 still make the playoffs in many scenarios. The issue there is there are several scenarios that have the Broncos outside looking in at 10-7 when one of those losses is this week at Texans.

If they go 11-6 (last loss is at Lions) they are in the playoffs in all but a few scenarios, and I did manage a few where they were out even at 11-6 though I consider that highly unlikely.

It is awesome to be looking at this stuff again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, the best thing is to have the team continue to focus only on the next game - and not look up until you're notified, you're in the playoffs.

One of the great experiences related to being a fan - is the fun you get from watching the Broncos have fun on the field playing football.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, the best thing is to have the team continue to focus only on the next game - and not look up until you're notified, you're in the playoffs.

One of the great experiences related to being a fan - is the fun you get from watching the Broncos have fun on the field playing football.

for sure. I'm glad Sean Payton and the guys in the locker room are focussed on the Texans and now the ESPN playoff machine!

Also, I've found scenarios the Broncos can make it at 9-8. That's crazy to think how they can make it at 9-8 and still miss at 11-6. The NFL is crazy at this time of year.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, one final thought: I really hate the 17 game schedule. HATE it.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After today I’m sticking with my prediction of 2-4 the rest of the season. In a game that had major playoff influence Denver came out and shit the bed. Offense was garbage in the first half and Russ cost them the game with his 3 4th quarter interceptions. Defense was letting Stroud march up and down the field in the 1st half but did hold steady and played much better in the 2nd despite not getting any turnovers.

If Denver comes out this uninspired next week against LA we can kiss any hope of the playoffs goodbye.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you talking about the NFL or the age of consent ??
For the last time, I'm not falling for your Ukraine women living in my area ads anymore!!

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far the Bengals and Jets took care of business. Looks like Jacksonville didn’t but it's all for not if Denver doesn't win today.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we stared the day 9th. And ended the day 9th. But at least now we’re tied with 5 other teams at 7-6 so there’s that I guess.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs lose but all it does is make me more angry at Denver because if Russ didn’t throw 3 picks last week they likely beat Houston and would be tied for the division lead.