• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Detroit Tigers Ongoing 2017 Thread

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not watching the team nearly as much as I used to. They just aren't fun to watch, so I can't disagree with what you are saying. Perhaps I didn't say it well, but I very much believe the players are at odds with Ausmus, meaning his time here is pretty much over.

If you had replaced Ausmus before the season, sure this team could've won the Central. At this point, with the team they have, there is no way they can make up that much ground. They simply aren't good enough to go roughly 58-35 the rest of the way and beat out Cleveland. That is all I'm saying, changing managers won't get the team in this season.
I agree with your last statement, but I think they still need to pull the trigger now. They also need a new GM to rebuild as well. There is always that very slight chance that the team could catch fire with a manager change, or atleast firing a staff member or two, but we already know the depth is lacking as well.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....this new manager will.....

A. Get Miggy to hit over .300 and hit 30 home runs over the last 90 games
B. Get Zimmermann's ERA down from 5.35 to 3.35 by season's end
C. Get Fulmer and Verlander to reach Cy Young award levels
D. Get VMart back to .300 and get back to being an RBI machine
E. Build a bullpen with a closer!!!!
F. Find a CF somewhere
G. Find a RF after they trade JD
H. Teach Castellanos how to field his position
I. Help direct the total remake and recovery of one of the worst minor league systems in MLB

or will this new manager be Legendary Lloyd?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be traded: JD, Kinsler, J. Wilson, A. Wilson, Avila, Iglesias, Boyd, S. Greene

No value (except perhaps in a package deal): F-Rod, McCann, Machado, Romine, Castellanos, Farmer, anyone who played CF, a large collection of relief pitchers (Saupold, Bell, etc) both in Detroit and at Toledo.

Impossible to be traded: (poor contracts and/or shit season), Cabrera, Verlander, Upton, Zimmermann, VMart

Should be kept???: Fulmer, Norris, Daniel Stumpf (LOL)

Oddly enough, NONE of the players I listed as "could be traded" are guaranteed contracts for 2018. Only Kinsler has an option for $12mil. So Detroit wouldn't be dumping any future assured $$$$ by trading any of those guys, although several of them would probably go to arbitration if Detroit keeps them.
JD Martinez and maybe Kinsler might bring top level prospects, but I don't see Detroit getting any "sure prospects" in trades for the rest. Best hope...land some AA players who MIGHT move up to Toledo next year, and then keep your fingers crossed.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. J.D. Martinez, RF
5. Justin Upton, LF
6. John Hicks, DH
7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
8. James McCann, C
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C Alex Avila, IF/OF Andrew Romine, OF Alex Presley, IF Dixon Machado.

Starting pitcher: RHP Jordan Zimmermann

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Tigers ... now the third-worst team in the AL and falling fast.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard today that the Tigers are hitting .211 in the 7th inning and later. And we already know their pitching from the 7th inning on is not very good. Definitely not a winning combination.

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting pitchers: Tigers RHP Justin Verlander (4-4, 4.50 ERA) vs. Mariners LHP James Paxton (5-2, 3.23 ERA).

Tigers lineup:

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Nick Castellanos, 3B
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. J.D. Martinez, RF
5. Justin Upton, LF
6. John Hicks, DH
7. Mikie Mahtook, CF
8. James McCann, C
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene takes his turn to blow a lead.

Alex Wilson helps keep the rally going.

Can't start sell mode fast enough for me.

dengel6

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I was sleepless in Seattle, and so was Deeee-troit.

Last place here we come.:doh:

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Professional sports in Detroit overall = a big, steaming pile of SUCK.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing Ausmus is not the cure. But, as in any business, the guys at the top have to make what appears to be an effort to solve problems. In baseball, the easiest solution is to fire the manager. The big shots will get the chance to poke their heads out of their offices, spout the long used (over-used) phrases about "going in a new direction". How they know the "manager gave it his all" and wasn't "totally to blame". Etc, Etc. Of course, it will be all for show, with the real goal being to keep ticket sales from dropping and interest in the club to peak, for at least a short period.

Personally.....I will be interested in the exact date that someone will call for the firing of Ausmus' replacement. And then, further down the road, the uttering of the phrase, "We should have kept Ausmus!".

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Professional sports in Detroit overall = a big, steaming pile of SUCK.
Well the Lions are trying atleast. Who would have thought Jim Caldwell's seat would be the least hot in Detroit?

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope - someday - the 'fire the manager' crowd, actually come up with a list of what Ausmus has done wrong, AND, most of all....explain how HE caused Cabrera's power outage, Zimmermann's crappy ERA, how Ausmus collected one of the worst bullpens in MLB, how he caused Castellanos to have inferior muscle coordination, as well as how he personally decided to go with a rag-tag collection of AAA centerfielders.

PLEASE.....someone, anyone, tell me how Ausmus effected all those things above. (As well as how he allowed guys like VMart and Verlander to grow old!)

crickets

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope - someday - the 'fire the manager' crowd, actually come up with a list of what Ausmus has done wrong, AND, most of all....explain how HE caused Cabrera's power outage, Zimmermann's crappy ERA, how Ausmus collected one of the worst bullpens in MLB, how he caused Castellanos to have inferior muscle coordination, as well as how he personally decided to go with a rag-tag collection of AAA centerfielders.

PLEASE.....someone, anyone, tell me how Ausmus effected all those things above. (As well as how he allowed guys like VMart and Verlander to grow old!)

crickets

He keeps parading out K-Rod, that might be enough by itself to can him.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you suggest NEVER using K-Rod again? Just let him sit there and collect dust? I would think the fault might belong to whomever has kept K-Rod on the roster (if you believe he is so awful). You are aware that Ausmus is not totally responsible for determining who is - or isn't - on the roster????

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Voltaire26
I know you are lurking around this board, not unlike you do at the local elementary school.....so I have something for you. Please copy and cut out this picture, tape it (or better yet, staple it) to your crotch and pretend you are a man.

testicles.jpg

burfboy

Canadian Tiger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tigers lineup

1. Ian Kinsler, 2B
2. Alex Avila, C
3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B
4. J.D. Martinez, RF
5. Justin Upton, LF
6. Nicholas Castellanos, 3B
7. Alex Presley, CF
8. John Hicks, DH
9. Jose Iglesias, SS

Bench: C James McCann, OF/IF Andrew Romine, OF Mikie Mahtook, IF Dixon Machado.

Starting pitcher: LHP Daniel Norris

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KRod has the 8th worst ERA on the team. And the 8th worst WHIP. Shit, the team ERA is over 5 for the last month.

Who do you want him to use?