• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desperation Beats Greatness

Stratman72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna shrug off this loss like it's nothing. Penalties have been a reoccurring issue for us all year. It hasn't been talked about much since we've been winning but in the playoffs in a close game these penalties are going to come back to haunt us.

Also Pete's clock management has been suspect. Rams game in that goal line stand it worked out but what if they had scored. Pete left Russell no time to come back.

Today I wasn't a fan of Pete using up all of our timeouts with over 3 minutes left. Kaep was down short of the first on that run but with no timeouts we weren't able to challenge. Then the goal line stand with 2 mins left. At some point you gotta let them just score so Russell can at least have a chance to win it. Unbelievable how they were able to milk 6 minutes of clock with only three first downs and with us having 2 timeouts.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I would rather have Russell get a shot at a TD with 2 min. left than try to get in field goal range in 26 seconds. With no TO's.

Oh well...Hindsight is 20/20.

Granted, this whole thing would of been a non issue if Tate just runs it back for a TD!! :suds::lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you, I'm going to enjoy pinning a Seahawk avatar on you.

We'll see what happens.

But they've done nothing yet. "Greatness" is laughable. Surely you can see this.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see what happens.

But they've done nothing yet. "Greatness" is laughable. Surely you can see this.

What I see is a great season for the Seahawks, tell me are you getting worried yet. You under estimated the Seahawks at the start of the season, did you not? Let me answer that for you...yes, yes you did. Now the Pats just lost Gronk, if I were in your shoes I'd be worried.:lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a game apart and it will come down to the playoffs as I predicted. Injuries have been brutal but despite them the patriots are better than anyone in the AFC but Denver. We'll see what happens from here on out but I'm still plenty confident.

San fransisco won't be the only team to outplay Seattle down the stretch.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San fransisco won't be the only team to outplay Seattle down the stretch.

So sf 'outplayed' the Seahawks this past weekend?
Hmmmm, watching the game, I thought it was very even, a tough physical game played by both teams.
Could have gone either way.

SF won because at the end of the half AND at the end of the game, they produced points. Good job sf.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Converting your chances when the other team does not is outplaying the other team, yes.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've abstained from coming to your board because I'm not a troll. That being said, the thread title is ridiculous. I think any objective fan of either team knows this: The biggest difference in our teams is at QB. Your secondary is better but our front seven is better. Our OL is better but Beast Mode has the advantage over Gore at this point. Wilson is more consistent than Kaep and that is the biggest difference. Kaep did play better against you guys on Sunday and having Crabtree back was bigger than you realize. If not for his great route running, Sherman doesn't get penalized.

These teams are not far apart. QB play is what will decide the winner and loser, IMO.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams play tough smash mouth football. I'm not shocked it ended up with a last sec field goal to decide the winner with the game at their house. That's how it goes on Sundays sometimes.

We're 11-2, already got a playoff spot, and should have home field advantage within two more games. I really don't have anything to bitch about this team. Pats fans have plenty to worry about and should be concentrating on the fact it's Dec and they struggled against the Browns. The Browns...

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatness? :laugh3:

Are you able to separate single season greatness from overall franchise greatness?

No Seahawk fan denies that our overall franchise history is great, it is below average, but no where close to a laughingstock as some trolls would like to claim.

Now this year, the Seahawks are pretty good, great? not yet.

Your teams past Lombardis have NOTHING to do with this season.
Bringing up the past is only an attempted deflection of this season, the one that is currently being played, and the ONLY one that matters right now. This season.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you able to separate single season greatness from overall franchise greatness?

No Seahawk fan denies that our overall franchise history is great, it is below average, but no where close to a laughingstock as some trolls would like to claim.

Bringing up the past is only an attempted deflection of this season, the one that is currently being played, and the ONLY one that matters right now. This season.

I agree with this. The only thing is, you have still got to win. It's premature at this point. I was SOLD that we would beat the Ravens and what happened? I'm not trolling and would root for you guys if we don't make it. Just let things play out and then if you win, celebrate like you never have before.

Don't assume anything.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did I mention my team except the tangent with Harold?

The fact stands that this team, right now, has not come close to a standard of "greatness". They have won nothing, have been mediocre on the road, and calling them "great" is laughable. All but the very recent history of the franchise is irrelevant to that.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. The only thing is, you have still got to win. It's premature at this point. I was SOLD that we would beat the Ravens and what happened? I'm not trolling and would root for you guys if we don't make it. Just let things play out and then if you win, celebrate like you never have before.

Don't assume anything.

That's why we play the games… Wise words bro… Lot's of tests ahead… Seahawks are still a young team and have to grow from every experience… I have confidence in this team but the tests still lie ahead…

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why we play the games… Wise words bro… Lot's of tests ahead… Seahawks are still a young team and have to grow from every experience… I have confidence in this team but the tests still lie ahead…

Exactly.

The reasonable ones of you understand that greatness is premature.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also stay away from here to not sound like a troll but decided to check it out...y'all are really feeling yourself aren't you? Greatness? Greatness doesn't go to OT with the 2 win Houston texans and almost lose at home to the then winless Bucs. You aren't even the best team in the NFL if the game isn't in Seattle, which the Super Bowl won't be if you make it.

I know the is the first good team you guys have had, but pump the breaks.

Funny thing is, up until a few years ago, Seahawks were my number 2 team, but I've come to see just how delusional and new to winning you guys are. That and seeing your superior "non-thug" fans telling a 12 year old to suck their nuts multiple times after a Seahawks win really shows what y'all are made of.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also stay away from here to not sound like a troll but decided to check it out...y'all are really feeling yourself aren't you? Greatness? Greatness doesn't go to OT with the 2 win Houston texans and almost lose at home to the then winless Bucs. You aren't even the best team in the NFL if the game isn't in Seattle, which the Super Bowl won't be if you make it.

Funny thing is, up until a few years ago, Seahawks were my number 2 team, but I've come to see just how delusional and new to winning you guys are. That and seeing your superior "non-thug" fans telling a 12 year old to suck their nuts multiple times after a Seahawks win really shows what y'all are made of.

Every fan base has fans that make um look bad so you can't judge just from the few… Also when you talk about close games that happens to even the best teams… THIS IS THE NFL… Any team can bite you if you put your guard down… All NFL teams have talent some are just better than others for obvious reasons, BUT those lower ranked teams can beat you on any given Sunday if you don't put um away… You can't really look back on and 11-2 team and say you almost lost a couple close games to supposed bad teams so your not as good as you think… Doesn't work that way in the NFL… Seattle is good but there not considered GREAT until they earn the ultimate prize…. Seattle does have somethings in there favor… Good defense.. Good running game.. PLUS a qb that play's better when the pressure is on… It's a good combo in the playoffs… But again that's why we play the games…

Last edited by a moderator:

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a troll post from start to finish, but you don't want to sound like a troll? :scratch:

Your team squeeked out a 2 point win at home, so you feel it is OK to troll our board? Hurry and get all your jabs in now, I am sure your time here will be very short lived, just like your teams run in the playoffs...if they even make them.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What are you talking about? Who's been better on the road than Seattle this season? Just the Chiefs and Eagles (both of whom lost in Denver, ironically). Are the Seahawks the best in the NFL on the road? If they win two of their last 3, they don't have to be.

If you're so morally superior, why weren't calling people out for their bad behavior when it was happening (which I am not sure I even know what you're referring to) instead of waiting until your team squeaks out a win? Have you called out all the poor behavior on all your team boards? If not, then that just make you a hypocrite and your opinion of the actions of this team's fans is worthless.

The really funny thing is, if any Seahawks fan went onto the 9ers board after the Seahawks win and posted exactly what you've said they'd get banned, or at least have to have the 9ers mod plead to have the complaints stop. So, just remember whose fans you are representing before telling others about their bad behavior.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

New to winning?

2d2al8l.jpg