• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Desperation Beats Greatness

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sometimes it happens. 49ers played a good game and beat a better team. My Hats off to them. Some times the Ugly girl finds a date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss to a good team that also happens to be a division rival on the road after a short week can happen. As long as they take care of business the rest of the way and don't over look the Giants next week they're still in good position. Oh, and a Carolina win tonight would help.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49er i agree is a good team. Seattle is better.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49rs needed this one and played like it… We didn't disappoint though on a short week and had a chance in the end…. TOO BAD we let that big run play happen because I felt Kaep looked rattled and I wanted to force him to make some play's in that last drive … We kinda let um off the hook at the end… There a good team though overall so I expected them to battle… NFC champs so let's tip our hats and go get the Giants…. Our last 3 just got important…

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A loss to a good team that also happens to be a division rival on the road after a short week can happen. As long as they take care of business the rest of the way and don't over look the Giants next week they're still in good position. Oh, and a Carolina win tonight would help.

Scratch that Carolina part. I was thinking Seattle didn't hold the tiebreaker over NO for some reason. Doesn't really matter tonight.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49rs needed this one and played like it… We didn't disappoint though on a short week and had a chance in the end…. TOO BAD we let that big run play happen because I felt Kaep looked rattled and I wanted to force him to make some play's in that last drive … We kinda let um off the hook at the end… There a good team though overall so I expected them to battle… NFC champs so let's tip our hats and go get the Giants…. Our last 3 just got important…

I felt like we let them off the hook.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been a lot worse for the 49ers to lose this game compared to us. To get beat down by us the last 2 games and lose at home this time around would have been a terrible morale killer for their team

3peet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stupid penalties didn't help. Seattle should've had this one.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both defenses played well all game. You just feel like the Seahawks beat themselves with those penalties. SF didn't beat us, we beat us. Don't blame the refs, blame Bevell for some bad play calling and blame the lack of discipline on both sides of the ball.

You can't be that upset at a close loss to a division rival after a short week. They are about to get either the Panthers or the Saints to lose tonight so only one of them will be within a game of us and we still control HFA. On to the next game.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Not a big deal. I don't think that anyone had us at 11-2 when the schedule came out. 49ers squeaked by against us at home and now they can come up here if they last it that far to prove they're able to avoid a clown-stomping in Seattle.

TheDman875

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both defenses played well all game. You just feel like the Seahawks beat themselves with those penalties. SF didn't beat us, we beat us. Don't blame the refs, blame Bevell for some bad play calling and blame the lack of discipline on both sides of the ball.

You can't be that upset at a close loss to a division rival after a short week. They are about to get either the Panthers or the Saints to lose tonight so only one of them will be within a game of us and we still control HFA. On to the next game.

Yes the penalties finally came back to bite us on the scoreboard. That Robinson face mask on Lynch's big run in to Haushka FG range sticks out a lot and those 3rd down defensive penalties. :doh:

You never want to look at a loss as a good thing, but this I feel this was a good loss that I think will get them driven and refocused come playoff time. First thing's first, lock up HFA and get to the playoffs healthy.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna shrug off this loss like it's nothing. Penalties have been a reoccurring issue for us all year. It hasn't been talked about much since we've been winning but in the playoffs in a close game these penalties are going to come back to haunt us.

Also Pete's clock management has been suspect. Rams game in that goal line stand it worked out but what if they had scored. Pete left Russell no time to come back.

Today I wasn't a fan of Pete using up all of our timeouts with over 3 minutes left. Kaep was down short of the first on that run but with no timeouts we weren't able to challenge. Then the goal line stand with 2 mins left. At some point you gotta let them just score so Russell can at least have a chance to win it. Unbelievable how they were able to milk 6 minutes of clock with only three first downs and with us having 2 timeouts.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greatness? :laugh3:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey sometimes it happens. 49ers played a good game and beat a better team. My Hats off to them. Some times the Ugly girl finds a date.

49rs are a good team though… They represented the NFC last year for a reason.. We have to keep things in perspective… We played a decent game but shot ourselves in the foot more than once and it cost us… BUT hey, we were in it until the last seconds so let's clean some stuff up and grow from it… We can't start calling ourselves GREAT until we get the job done and we know what that job is… Let's start by beating New York next week and finish this regular season off strong…

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49rs are a good team though… They represented the NFC last year for a reason.. We have to keep things in perspective… We played a decent game but shot ourselves in the foot more than once and it cost us… BUT hey, we were in it until the last seconds so let's clean some stuff up and grow from it… We can't start calling ourselves GREAT until we get the job done and we know what that job is… Let's start by beating New York next week and finish this regular season off strong…

Be careful, they've got Eli Manning.....