• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeShone Kizer named ND Starting QB FINALLY

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I understand it, Zaire can graduate in Dec. and grad transfer in the spring. I hope he at least tries to get his degree.

This is Zaire's senior year. He did not play as a freshman. He has one year of eligibility remaining. His only opportunity to play at an FBS school (other than ND) is if he graduates from ND this year, and takes graduate classes somewhere next year. He can also transfer to an FCS school and play next year, but I doubt that he wants to do that.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... I mean even if he transfers he can't play for a whole year... I think he will become a TE for ND

As a TE, he would be 4.5 inches shorter and 25 ponds lighter than Weishar. If he's looking to change positions, his best shot would be safety. (He can thank Max Redfield for that opportunity).

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Zaire's senior year. He did not play as a freshman. He has one year of eligibility remaining. His only opportunity to play at an FBS school (other than ND) is if he graduates from ND this year, and takes graduate classes somewhere next year. He can also transfer to an FCS school and play next year, but I doubt that he wants to do that.
For somewhat selfish reasons, I hope he transfers. I can envision a nightmare scenario where if he were to return, Wimbush might bolt, having been asked to redshirt this year. We would then immediately have to go into rebuild mode in 2018. If Zaire leaves, Wimbush will have a solid couple of seasons until we can recruit the next big thing. Jurkovec will already be on campus by then.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For somewhat selfish reasons, I hope he transfers. I can envision a nightmare scenario where if he were to return, Wimbush might bolt, having been asked to redshirt this year. We would then immediately have to go into rebuild mode in 2018. If Zaire leaves, Wimbush will have a solid couple of seasons until we can recruit the next big thing. Jurkovec will already be on campus by then.

Wimbush will still be behind Kizer for two more years. I think Kizer winning the job makes it more likely that Wimbush will transfer.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wimbush will still be behind Kizer for two more years. I think Kizer winning the job makes it more likely that Wimbush will transfer.
I think I'm operating under the assumption that Kizer will get draft pretty high next year. If he grades out a top 10 pick, I think it would be insanity for him not enter the draft.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm operating under the assumption that Kizer will get draft pretty high next year. If he grades out a top 10 pick, I think it would be insanity for him not enter the draft.

I was wondering if he can beat out Wimbush, and you have him going in the top 10 of the draft. God I hope you're right.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if he can beat out Wimbush, and you have him going in the top 10 of the draft. God I hope you're right.
Hasn't he beaten him out already? As far as the draft is concerned, maybe it's a little early to declare him a top 10 pick (barring injury, etc). That said a fair number of pro scouts watched the TX game and immediately moved him into the mix with Deshaun Watson and Brad Kaaya as the top QB prospects in the draft.

He keeps playing like he did he can easily play himself into a top pick. He has the physical tools and the poise that scouts like.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't he beaten him out already? As far as the draft is concerned, maybe it's a little early to declare him a top 10 pick (barring injury, etc). That said a fair number of pro scouts watched the TX game and immediately moved him into the mix with Deshaun Watson and Brad Kaaya as the top QB prospects in the draft.

He keeps playing like he did he can easily play himself into a top pick. He has the physical tools and the poise that scouts like.
Some scouts have him as the #1 pick going to the Browns. Kizer is Legit.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will have Zaire as a back up all year he'll leave as a grad transfer and hopefully for him start. I do think Kizer will leave in the draft with any luck he'll have such a great season he won't be able to pass up the NFL.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some scouts have him as the #1 pick going to the Browns. Kizer is Legit.

#1 pick for the Browns. That should definitely convince him to stay in school for another year.