• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Depressing Prediction

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know that I've been perpetually optimistic about the forecast for this team going back to the beginning of our rebuild when we traded Sale/Q/etc...

But... after losing TA today? Our next 9 games are on the road against TOR and TB. Then, home vs LA.

I predict we will win around 2 of these games. Sending our season on a downward spiral that not even the return of Lance Lynn and Eloy Jiminez can salvage.

I no longer believe that Grandal, Moncada, etc. will come around. (Not saying they can't - I am simply done banking on it) I can't lean on Eloy to stay healthy and Lynn is sort of a fickle issue to me. He's 35 now and always has struggled with his weight. Who knows what kind of shape he comes back in...

And even if these guys return in good form. If we're 5-6 games under .500, 7 games back in the central, and everybody else looks how they do now? Plus, TA potentially out for a while. How good do you really feel about this club?

I know we won today. That being said, it was more of the same old shit from the offense and we sort of pulled one out of our asses against a bad Cubs team. Scoring a run is SUCH a damn chore and it doesn't seem to be changing.

It's about to be June and I'm losing faith. This little stand we have coming up is make it or break it for me. We have to at least hold our own, IMO.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys know that I've been perpetually optimistic about the forecast for this team going back to the beginning of our rebuild when we traded Sale/Q/etc...

But... after losing TA today? Our next 9 games are on the road against TOR and TB. Then, home vs LA.

I predict we will win around 2 of these games. Sending our season on a downward spiral that not even the return of Lance Lynn and Eloy Jiminez can salvage.

I no longer believe that Grandal, Moncada, etc. will come around. (Not saying they can't - I am simply done banking on it) I can't lean on Eloy to stay healthy and Lynn is sort of a fickle issue to me. He's 35 now and always has struggled with his weight. Who knows what kind of shape he comes back in...

And even if these guys return in good form. If we're 5-6 games under .500, 7 games back in the central, and everybody else looks how they do now? Plus, TA potentially out for a while. How good do you really feel about this club?

I know we won today. That being said, it was more of the same old shit from the offense and we sort of pulled one out of our asses against a bad Cubs team. Scoring a run is SUCH a damn chore and it doesn't seem to be changing.

It's about to be June and I'm losing faith. This little stand we have coming up is make it or break it for me. We have to at least hold our own, IMO.
I echo your sentiment from the series thread that this team is hard to watch. I hate watching them sometimes. It’s just…unbearable at times and I hate even saying that.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, my image for the season is White Sox batters trotting back to the dugout after a ground ball out. It is difficult to watch. I hate the recurring soft tissue injuries - that I even know can be prevented with good hydration and stretched out muscles.

TLR sits guys who are hitting well to rest them and takes out pitchers who are pitching well because of arbitrary pitch counts. Some days he sits any who can play and fields every scrub he can dredge.

That being said - this team can still overcome adversity and be hot in the end - and that is a recipe for playoff success.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I echo your sentiment from the series thread that this team is hard to watch. I hate watching them sometimes. It’s just…unbearable at times and I hate even saying that.
It legitimately feels like a chore man. Lately, I've been working into the night and I'll just follow the game on the MLB app. I have my alert set on vibrate for any time a run scores. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and just think "Welp... we're down in the 1st again". I swear, no team falls down in the first inning more than us. It's incredible. Then, I just keep refreshing after that and looking at the box score. Nothing... absolutely nothing. 1st trip through the lineup, somebody singles. That's it... EVERY F'ING night. We are retired either in order or we put one base runner on.

Then, I'll come home. I have an MLBTV subscription. I would rather flip through the other games and watch my fantasy players (or follow my draftkings lineup) than watch us. I keep the app up and just check in when we actually have runners on or when we have a lead later on. It's seriously awful. I do not enjoy watching this team man.
So far, my image for the season is White Sox batters trotting back to the dugout after a ground ball out. It is difficult to watch. I hate the recurring soft tissue injuries - that I even know can be prevented with good hydration and stretched out muscles.

TLR sits guys who are hitting well to rest them and takes out pitchers who are pitching well because of arbitrary pitch counts. Some days he sits any who can play and fields every scrub he can dredge.

That being said - this team can still overcome adversity and be hot in the end - and that is a recipe for playoff success.
And that's what makes it such torture. Is the fact that we still have hope. We're far from dead and we clearly have a lot of talent. If we catch a few breaks, and a couple of our cold bats get hot? Watch out. But right now...? This is just a massive, never ending dick tease. It's really testing my intestinal fortitude. I mean, I'm here for it. I love my team. What else am I going to do?

It would honestly be easier if we just flat out, hopelessly sucked... lol

EDIT: Forgot to add. I am completely on the "TLR hate train" now. I always try to steer away from playing the "head coach/manager" card for as long as I can. It's just too easy and convenient. But I swear to god... I don't understand what he's doing half of the time. It doesn't align with anything that remotely resembles "optimal" so far as strategy. Whether it's the lineup card, a bullpen move, a lack of a bullpen move, a lack of a pinch hit, etc. It's ALWAYS something where you just go "WTF?"

Last edited:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't accept anything less than championship prediction until I get a full report on our 2022 pitch framing.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't accept anything less than championship prediction until I get a full report on our 2022 pitch framing.
Are you still actually arguing that getting strikes aren't all that important for a pitching staff? Got it. Says a lot.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you still actually arguing that getting strikes aren't all that important for a pitching staff? Got it. Says a lot.
Not a pitch framing report thus tacit admission you still believe. See you in October.