• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos @ New England Patriots

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must say I did enjoy watching him get crunched after the cheap shot he laid on Talib last year in the AFC Championship.

It was not a cheap shot. Welker's hit was essentially the same as Edelman did earlier in the game. Both hits were solid pick plays, cheating within the rules, so to speak. Very effective by NE and Denver last year.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have if he makes statements like that.

I don't like Benedict Welker anymore myself and I don't think the Pats miss him but the guy is tough.

Good point. The more and more he posts I am thinking he has been hit in the head a few times. However, Welker has gotten crushed numerous times and has gotten right back up and played. Probably shouldn't have gotten back into the game numerous times and gotten smashed yet again. Welker is a tough SOB who probably should retire now since he is one hit to the head away from dying.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Best cornerback ever. Best TE ever.

"Brady can't do it alone."

:L

Last edited by a moderator:

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not a cheap shot......

Opinions differ. He went after Talib's hip when Talib was not part of the play.

To me it was as cheap as Ward going after Gronk's knee.

A hard hit is fine, attempt to injure crosses the line.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Pats fans keeping this thread alive. :L

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brady-outshines-manning-pats-rout-broncos-060910566--nfl.html

Once again Brady got the upper hand over Manning by throwing four touchdown passes as the New England Patriots routed the Denver Broncos 43-21 in one of 11 NFL games on Sunday.

Brady now holds a commanding 11-5 lead in all-time head-to-head matchups against Manning as the highly-anticipated showdown between last season's conference title participants ended in a blowout.

JasonCarrier

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up until this year where was that "greatest CB" ever?

Gronk has only been with NE 5 seasons, where was this greatest TE before that? Was Gronk considered that when he was drafted or in College?

Gronk in college was considered an outstanding TE...when healthy. The same problems he has had in the pros is what he had in college in staying healthy. When in the game though he was huge for Arizona. His draft stock if healthy would have been a top-10 pick. Because he missed lots of playing time though and teams had that red flag on him he fell to the 2nd round.

I mean he was the 2nd TE taken even though he had missed significant time in every season while in college except his freshman year.

Also not sure discrediting the players around Tom Brady is the best way to go to try and build Tom Brady up. He has played with plenty of HOF players in his time just like Peyton has as well. You can't do it alone in this league no matter how good you are. Otherwise every year it would just be the 2 best quarterbacks facing off every time for the Super Bowl or at least Championship Games. It doesn't always happen that way because you need an entire team around you.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also not sure discrediting the players around Tom Brady is the best way to go to try and build Tom Brady up.

It's what they do.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk in college was considered an outstanding TE...when healthy. The same problems he has had in the pros is what he had in college in staying healthy. When in the game though he was huge for Arizona. His draft stock if healthy would have been a top-10 pick. Because he missed lots of playing time though and teams had that red flag on him he fell to the 2nd round.

I mean he was the 2nd TE taken even though he had missed significant time in every season while in college except his freshman year.

Also not sure discrediting the players around Tom Brady is the best way to go to try and build Tom Brady up. He has played with plenty of HOF players in his time just like Peyton has as well. You can't do it alone in this league no matter how good you are. Otherwise every year it would just be the 2 best quarterbacks facing off every time for the Super Bowl or at least Championship Games. It doesn't always happen that way because you need an entire team around you.

There are not many that will get into the HOF of many of the guys Brady has played with. As mentioned Moss will probably be the only offensive guy. There might be a few from the defense. Overall, those teams were not 'star-studded' in a HOF way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you name them?

I can think of 1.

Randy Moss.

Ty Law, Adam Vinieteri, not a player but Belichick, Wes Welker might not be HOF but is in that next tier down right now, Vrabel is another on the outside looking in but is right there, Rodney Harrison is another that could be on that list, Asante Samuel. I mean at this point hard to tell as many of the guys who could be up for HOF have yet to quit playing or still have the 5-year window or because we have such a backload of talent piled up for the HOF are being pushed down the list.

theseymonsta

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Law, Adam Vinieteri, not a player but Belichick, Wes Welker might not be HOF but is in that next tier down right now, Vrabel is another on the outside looking in but is right there, Rodney Harrison is another that could be on that list, Asante Samuel. I mean at this point hard to tell as many of the guys who could be up for HOF have yet to quit playing or still have the 5-year window or because we have such a backload of talent piled up for the HOF are being pushed down the list.

You only mentioned two on offense and the only one going in is Vinatieri.

None of those defensive guys will get in.

Colts;

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, TE (cant think of his name), Edgerrin James. Those are all pretty sure bets to go into the hall.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The myth of "Brady has been carrying a bunch of bums on his shoulders" is alive and well. :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only mentioned two on offense and the only one going in is Vinatieri.

None of those defensive guys will get in.

Colts;

Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, TE (cant think of his name), Edgerrin James. Those are all pretty sure bets to go into the hall.

The TE you are trying to think of is Clark and no he is not getting in. Everything I have read about Edgerrin James' chances of getting into the HOF have him right on the edge at this point. He is helped as there are no other backs right now that are close to the HOF so he is in better shape than most receivers where there is a major blockage of talent.

I didn't say the players had to be on offense did I? You made that assumption. I said he played with some HOF type talent. During those Super Bowl years it was the defense that was mostly known not the offense. They were a very well balanced team with the offense passing and running well and the defense usually being top-10.

Throw in you have to think all those players you are talking about are directly connected to Peyton being a big reason they are getting into the HOF. They are great talents don't get me wrong but they fell into a great situation as well playing with one of the top-5 quarterbacks of all-time.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Joe Dean Davenport is a consensus first-ballot HOFer!!!" - Brady fans