• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is no longer our best WR,.

Not sure where this comment is coming from. He most surely is our best WR.

He has led our team in every receiving category the last 6 years.

Da hell?????

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a rough year for Bronco fans.

Folks been going crazy and in panic full out "CUT THEM ALL" mode.

It's been funny but crazy too.

It all depends on the QB too. If you draft a young QB and start him, you need a veteran WR for him to be able to rely on.

If they go the vet route at QB say Eli or KC, or somebody else.....I can see that because they are cash strapped I believe. Even if a vet QB also needs talent at WR. But, a vet could make do with Sanders and a WR that was drafted.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and on QB. I expect us to draft and sign a vet.

I don't think we draft a QB without signing a vet.

Now if we give up the bag for someone like Cousins then year we don't draft one at least early.

We cant dink around at QB this year... 2 is better than none. At worst get someone in here with experience who can help led this team right now... Because we have a good setup around this team to win now with a vet QB, and draft your rookie to groom... And im not talking about round 7 either.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on the QB too. If you draft a young QB and start him, you need a veteran WR for him to be able to rely on.

If they go the vet route at QB say Eli or KC, or somebody else.....I can see that because they are cash strapped I believe. Even if a vet QB also needs talent at WR. But, a vet could make do with Sanders and a WR that was drafted.

The vibe I get is that Denver would much rather keep DT around then Sanders.

If DT takes no paycut then he is just crazy and misses out on his 4 MM/Year.

I am fully confident he takes a paycut. I'm not real worried about him not being here next year to be honest.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vibe I get is that Denver would much rather keep DT around then Sanders.

If DT takes no paycut then he is just crazy and misses out on his 4 MM/Year.

I am fully confident he takes a paycut. I'm not real worried about him not being here next year to be honest.

Wow. I was unaware of them deciding between the 2.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and on QB. I expect us to draft and sign a vet.

I don't think we draft a QB without signing a vet.

Now if we give up the bag for someone like Cousins then year we don't draft one at least early.

We cant dink around at QB this year... 2 is better than none. At worst get someone in here with experience who can help led this team right now... Because we have a good setup around this team to win now with a vet QB, and draft your rookie to groom... And im not talking about round 7 either.

Very unlikely but Smith would be perfect. I think you guys end up getting Eli.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I was unaware of them deciding between the 2.

I'm not sure they are deciding between the two, but the buzz is Sanders is one of the most likely to be let go.

Obviously several will be asked to take paycuts. Here is a list that will most likely be asked to take paycuts or be let go.

CJ Anderson
Brandon Marshall
Aqib Talib
Emmanuel Sanders
Demaryius Thomas
Derek Wolfe
Darian Stewart

Not saying all WILL have to take a paycut, but they will be approached. Seems the most likely two to go are Sanders and Anderson...

I think Marshall is willing to take a paycut as is Thomas... Sounds like Talib will not, not sure we save enough with the others to let him live off his 11 mil this year or not, but it will all depend on what QB we go after.

Alex Smith make a lot of sense to me, and the Chiefs are cap strapped so while it seems odd they would get him after his best season it does make some sense, but it would cost to get him from a division rival is unknown or he could come cheaper then some think given his contract and how cap strapped KC is right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We want to re-sign Cody Latimer also. Showed us enough late in the season.

I feel everytime Latimer is on the field he has proved he can get open and catch the ball. Just seems like there are two inconsistent things.

1. The Broncos giving him the opportunity
2. Health- He seems to miss 3-5 games a year with injuries.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where this comment is coming from. He most surely is our best WR.

He has led our team in every receiving category the last 6 years.

Da hell?????

You can’t pay players based on what they have done, you pay them based on what they will do going forward. I like DT, I hope he comes back, but that would require him to take a pay it of about $5 mil this year and about $7 mil next year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this have anything to do with calling him "not the best WR on our roster"

Two way different things we're talking about..

I never said anything about what we should pay him going forward.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a talent perspective going forward I absolutely think Sanders is the most talented WR on our roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you can't call him the most talented WR on our roster right now when DT has posted better numbers since Manny has been here.

I respect your opinion going forward. I personally love both, but Thomas is currently the best WR on our roster without a doubt, both have been great until our QB situation went to poop.

Down the line? Sure maybe DT declines, has an injury, Sanders does his thing whatever...

but DT is our current best WR on the roster until Sanders overtakes him. So while I see you're making a prediction you didn't say it like that. You changed the content of your message after realizing the facts. ;)

Going forward sadly, I am not so sure Sanders will be on our roster.

Both are fantastic WR's when healthy and a good QB is on their side. DeAndre Hopkins looked good with Brian Hoyer at QB but lets face it Siemian and Lynch were like having SpringStein and Mingo at QB this year.

Either way we need a young WR to start stepping up also. Not sure that will be Carlos Henderson unless he has improved a lot which is obviously very possible and hopeful. Latimer we will see if we do end up re-signing him how dependable he is going forward.

But yeah DT is the best WR on our roster until someone can prove otherwise. WR is very much about production. It isn't like the defensive positions, lock down CB"s getting thrown away so stats are down, OL who don't really have much of stats etc... Stats don't lie on WR's.

DT is not known for being real emotion, chatty, tough whatever fans want to call him, whereas Sanders is tough, in your voice, will talk trash, shows excitement and I think fans often in their mind think he is the better WR because of it..

That's just who DT is. He isn't a ra ra type of guy, but he has been very productive for us. Obviously production has gone down some with a crap offense around him, but he is still very talented and has juice left in the tank. Put him in a better situation, get him a good QB and he's still go pro bowl caliber left in him... Not calling him an elite top 5 WR talent because there are A TON of good WR's out there, but he is still a #1 WR in a good offense... Sanders is fantastic too. I personally wish we could solve our QB situation without messing with our top two WR's and having a young WR growing under them.

But we don't live in a perfect world where things always line up and cap figures match up.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I've gathered and it lines up a lot with what DC has already said. Thomas has been approached about at least restructuring the contract to open up some cap space. They are planning on converting quite a bit of his base salary this year and next year into signing bonus then adding a couple of years onto his deal to help with the signing bonus hits.

Talib is another that was approached to do what Manning did his last year with the Broncos of turn some of his base salary into incentive driven bonuses. So take his $11 million base and turn that into $6 million with $5 million now only earned through certain incentives. They might also do the same of add a couple more years to his deal as Talib has said he wants to retire a Bronco. Talib and DT have both told the FO of the Broncos this.

Also impressed with Brandon Marshall as sounds like he approached the FO about re-doing his deal rather than them having to come to him. He wants Cousins in Denver bad. The entire defense does. They don't want the Broncos to go the way of the draft to find their next QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I've gathered and it lines up a lot with what DC has already said. Thomas has been approached about at least restructuring the contract to open up some cap space. They are planning on converting quite a bit of his base salary this year and next year into signing bonus then adding a couple of years onto his deal to help with the signing bonus hits.

Talib is another that was approached to do what Manning did his last year with the Broncos of turn some of his base salary into incentive driven bonuses. So take his $11 million base and turn that into $6 million with $5 million now only earned through certain incentives. They might also do the same of add a couple more years to his deal as Talib has said he wants to retire a Bronco. Talib and DT have both told the FO of the Broncos this.

Also impressed with Brandon Marshall as sounds like he approached the FO about re-doing his deal rather than them having to come to him. He wants Cousins in Denver bad. The entire defense does. They don't want the Broncos to go the way of the draft to find their next QB.

BMarsh is a terrific person.

Always bothered me when I would hear people yelling in the crowd at games how much they hated him for kneeling.

If they only overlooked his beliefs (we all have different beliefs, doesn't make us better or worse then the person next to us) and knew the real Brandon Marshall and his character.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stefon Diggs, Marvin Jones among top 10 tight-window receivers

Demaryius Thomas WR Broncos

Catch rate: 51.4 percent (fourth). Passer rating: 86.7 (sixth). Yards per catch: 12.8 (29th).

Score: 39.

Some of the flash and flair of his early-career work has left Thomas' game as he strolls into his 30s. Yet, he's still one of the top receivers at boxing out defensive backs and earning position to win passes in tight spaces. It's a credit to Thomas that he's actually developed in this particular area of the game, even while his quarterback play has declined following the peak years of Peyton Manning in Denver. It's helped buoy his production floor. Thomas hauled in 51.4 percent of his targets in tight windows, the fourth-highest rate among qualifying receivers. The Broncos will likely take yet another stab at the quarterback position in the NFL draft this spring, and that new passer will soon come to learn he can trust Thomas in big moments, just as others have before him.

Interesting that DT is #5 given we all know his struggles the past few years, if he can still be this good with who we had at QB it does give us hope that he can get back to being a top WR if we get someone better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Rapport who always seems to have good inside info thinks both DT and Emmanuel Sanders will be broncos next year.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ MCCarron May come into play
I bet Denver goes after him s as Vikings may come into play for cousins
Probably kiss our 2nd rounder which would be a shame
Extremely disappointed in player and FO when our 1st round QB has played in only 5 games in 2 years
A lot of blame on both sides

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we give up a 2nd for McCarron, I wouldn't be exactly happy. I'd rather take a QB at 5 then give up a 2nd for McCarron. But that is just me. I know it makes pick #5 fun, but hell why give up a 2nd for McCarron when you can take someone with better tools at #5?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well with McCarron a FA that 2nd round pick is safe unless for some stupid reason the Bengals decide to tag him. Right now still sounds like Cousins is plan A then they will go from there depending on how that goes. I know they like Keenum as well since he is a favorite of Kubiak's.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah McCarron FA news was big for teams needing a FA QB... One more guy out there that won't cost a pick.

Report today saying the Broncos are content on Devontae Booker as their #1 RB (means nothing) but CJ Anderson to no surprise seems to be the most obvious cut/trade right now on the team.