• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Demaryius Thomas

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some conflicting info on DT's contract and the consensus was that there would be too much dead money to release him. From what I see though his 2018 Salary is $8.5 and there is $4.4 million left of prorated bonus with a roster bonus of $4 million due by the end of the league year. So if they cut him it would they would save about $7.6 million on the cap. I just don't see how they could justify paying him $12.5 million next year (salary plus $4m roster bonus).

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just woke up - two weeks ago

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone said, 2019 is the soonest such a thing could happen due to cap hit.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone said, 2019 is the soonest such a thing could happen due to cap hit.

That's exactly what I had heard, but in looking more into it the cap hit actually seems pretty small ($4.4 million). Spotrac and overthecap both have different numbers so its hard to find out what the reality is.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk of releasing DT is premature. This team is not as broken as people want to think. But if you really look at the roster there are some pieces to work with, even on the O-line. No need for a Browns style overhaul or firesale. A guy like DT could be a huge asset to a rookie QB or a big draw to a free agent get (Cousins) or make the Broncos an attractive trade destination for a bet looking for a change of scenery (Luck: I can dream, right?).

A disappointing season but let’s see how they finish. That 8 game streak featured 4 games many of us would have penciled in as losses anyway. Add to it the new staff, and the growing pains were worse than even the most optimistic of us expected. But I think this team is as close to contending for the division in 2018 as any of the others. Let’s not unload one of purnbest players now: he could be a big factor in next year’s success.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk of releasing DT is premature. This team is not as broken as people want to think. But if you really look at the roster there are some pieces to work with, even on the O-line. No need for a Browns style overhaul or firesale. A guy like DT could be a huge asset to a rookie QB or a big draw to a free agent get (Cousins) or make the Broncos an attractive trade destination for a bet looking for a change of scenery (Luck: I can dream, right?).

A disappointing season but let’s see how they finish. That 8 game streak featured 4 games many of us would have penciled in as losses anyway. Add to it the new staff, and the growing pains were worse than even the most optimistic of us expected. But I think this team is as close to contending for the division in 2018 as any of the others. Let’s not unload one of purnbest players now: he could be a big factor in next year’s success.

If you get a FA QB worth a darn might need too for cap reasons.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DT will end up restructuring this off-season.

Not that it means anything but I know his roommate who is a player on the indoor team I recruit for and he said DT has no plans to leave Denver anytime soon (means nothing, but at least his attitude is to be a Bronco)

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DT will end up restructuring this off-season.

Not that it means anything but I know his roommate who is a player on the indoor team I recruit for and he said DT has no plans to leave Denver anytime soon (means nothing, but at least his attitude is to be a Bronco)

Not a shocker DT he is like you DC a great guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like you Paul. ;)

I love in today's game how undiva like DT is.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There would be a $7 million cap hit if we release him. That would be his prorated bonus of $3.5 million X 2 since it would count as money already paid to him. So the team would save about $5 million in actual cap space. Well ok that isn't completely true either since we still would have to add another player to replace him on the 53-man roster. So closer to about $4.4 million in actual savings with the new player added.

Right now seems like unless they find somebody to trade with that pays them decently in the trade DT will be with the team next year. Sanders though from what I am hearing will not be a Bronco. He has become a locker room cancer without Manning around to keep him in line. The team has given him many warnings about his shenanigans but he seems to not listen.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of these sites are off a bit on their DT projections. It looks like he has $2.2 million x 2. The other bonuses they are showing is actually a $4 million bonus due before the end of the league year(not paid yet). So we would actually have to shell out $12.5 to him this year. I think he would have to take a paycut to stay.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of these sites are off a bit on their DT projections. It looks like he has $2.2 million x 2. The other bonuses they are showing is actually a $4 million bonus due before the end of the league year(not paid yet). So we would actually have to shell out $12.5 to him this year. I think he would have to take a paycut to stay.

Here is how I understand it. After this season he would still have $4.4 million in signing bonus that will count no matter what. He also had a $4 million option that kicked in for the 2017 season. So another $2.6 million. That is how I arrive at the $7 million in dead money if he is cut after this season. OTC seems to agree with that assessment. They add the Option bonus that he got to his signing bonus instead of dividing it out.

Honestly though his contract wouldn't be that difficult to rework. He has to know they are not going to pay him the $17.5 million cap hit in 2019. So working out a 2-year/$24 million with about half of that guaranteed is more in his favor of actual money he would see.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is how I understand it. After this season he would still have $4.4 million in signing bonus that will count no matter what. He also had a $4 million option that kicked in for the 2017 season. So another $2.6 million. That is how I arrive at the $7 million in dead money if he is cut after this season. OTC seems to agree with that assessment. They add the Option bonus that he got to his signing bonus instead of dividing it out.

Honestly though his contract wouldn't be that difficult to rework. He has to know they are not going to pay him the $17.5 million cap hit in 2019. So working out a 2-year/$24 million with about half of that guaranteed is more in his favor of actual money he would see.

Sounds like the $4mm kicks in last day of 2017 , if not picked up, he is a FA

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely will take a paycut so he can get the 4mm kick in though.

We have leverage because of it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of your best WR.....????

Setting up the new QB for failure.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is no longer our best WR, the truth is he is at best a top 20 WR now, he is no longer a top 5 player. With the option he is at $12.5 M in cash this year, he’s probably half of that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people have forgotten what a shitty QB situation can do to a WR's numbers.

He is still a VERY good WR.

Good player, teammate, work ethic, stays out of trouble, doesn't complain. Produces with a good QB and lineup around him. He's unlike your typical pro bowl WR... Get him a QB and I bet people won't be claiming he is no longer a top 20 WR.

He can play on my team any day.

But he does have to take a bit of a paycut.

He most likely will to get his 4 MM that is due.

If he doesn't take a paycut he most likely loses more money then he gains by becoming a FA.

I know DT's roommate well and while he can't speak for him it sounds like he has every intention of remaining a bronco right now. I expect him to take a paycut and collect his 4 MM. It just makes too much sense for me.

Emmanuel Sanders (god bless him as everyone know I was as big of a fan as any when we signed him and Crash called him a turd) is more likely to be released given his attitude towards the team this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of your best WR.....????

Setting up the new QB for failure.

It's been a rough year for Bronco fans.

Folks been going crazy and in panic full out "CUT THEM ALL" mode.

It's been funny but crazy too.