• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deion Sanders

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see his success continue this season, but even if it doesn't, and these next 3-4 games doesn't go his way, I would still label this season as being an absolute success story. He, his coaching staff, and these kids in Colorado have been so good for college football this season. Can't wait to watch them play on Saturday (and I've never been a Colorado fan...I'm still bitter at them from the Michigan game 30 years ago)
I'd be more impressed if he won with the Colorado players that were there when he got there. Why are people impressed the team is better with better players? Look at Bama. They look beatable because they dont have the top QB and are now losing players to other schools.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Colorado had to go to OT with a garbage team?

CU was one of the worst teams in CFB last season. And since 2010 they only have one winning season.

The haters can't wait for the Buffs to lose so they can talk trash about Deion.

In one year Sanders took a dumpster fire of program and made it relevant nationally.

The over/under for CU before the season started was 3. They already have 3 wins.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more impressed if he won with the Colorado players that were there when he got there. Why are people impressed the team is better with better players? Look at Bama. They look beatable because they dont have the top QB and are now losing players to other schools.

What I get a good laugh out of is the Deion haters that can't/won't acknowledge he took over one of the worst teams in CFB and turn them around overnight.

Even 6 wins would be a successful season for them this year.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet these same guys love Larry Bird who was pretty much the biggest trash talker ever. Clay Travis is the Tucker Carlson of sports.
bird was known to talk a lot of shit,but he usually backed it up on the court.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I get a good laugh out of is the Deion haters that can't/won't acknowledge he took over one of the worst teams in CFB and turn them around overnight.

About 6 wins is what he should win with those players. He's like a good Arizona team back in the day. Jim Harbaugh had am impressive job at Stanford as far as implementing a new culture. Deion is getting the most (so far ) out of the talent he has.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About 6 wins is what he should win with those players. He's like a good Arizona team back in the day. Jim Harbaugh had am impressive job at Stanford as far as implementing a new culture. Deion is getting the most (so far ) out of the talent he has.

It's just nice to finally see the CU program going in the right direction.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has LeBron but a lot of old white men hate him and love Bird.
bird,s been my favorite player since he was at indiania state in the late 70s,i respect james,s talent but his constant mouth just get to me and his constant flubbing made to look like fouls are annoying to me

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

6 wins? If he gets Colorado to a bowl game, he should win coach of the year. And they're halfway there already with at least a couple of more sure wins this season. Sure, they'll get rolled by Oregon and USC, but there are still several wins on their schedule out of Arizona, AzSt., Standford, etc. It's hard not to appreciate the improvement he's made to Colorado football.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 wins? If he gets Colorado to a bowl game, he should win coach of the year.

I like that idea. He does that and he'll be in the running for the award no doubt.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 wins? If he gets Colorado to a bowl game, he should win coach of the year. And they're halfway there already with at least a couple of more sure wins this season. Sure, they'll get rolled by Oregon and USC, but there are still several wins on their schedule out of Arizona, AzSt., Standford, etc. It's hard not to appreciate the improvement he's made to Colorado football.
gonna face a real test this weekend vs oregon

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm impressed because I haven't seen it before. If it were easy to do, I imagine we would have seen it before (although Player Transfer Portal is relatively new). It's impressive that he can show up on a campus that has a terrible football program and attract enough talent to transform them into a top 25 team with some decent wins to start the season.

I expect Colorado to get exposed soon, but for year one, Prime has done what many coaches haven't been able to do in 2-3 years time. Many of those coaches also aren't taking over a program that won just 1 game the previous year they arrived. Regardless of what he had to do to make the program relevant and who he brought with him, he did it. That's a great story and it has made this season fun to watch early in the year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm impressed because I haven't seen it before. If it were easy to do, I imagine we would have seen it before (although Player Transfer Portal is relatively new). It's impressive that he can show up on a campus that has a terrible football program and attract enough talent to transform them into a top 25 team with some decent wins to start the season.

I expect Colorado to get exposed soon, but for year one, Prime has done what many coaches haven't been able to do in 2-3 years time. Many of those coaches also aren't taking over a program that won just 1 game the previous year they arrived. Regardless of what he had to do to make the program relevant and who he brought with him, he did it. That's a great story and it has made this season fun to watch early in the year.
I didnt say it was easy. I'm sayng why are people surprised they are better. You're a Michigan fan. Didn't your basketball team get much better when the fab four came to play basketball there?
Deion is a personality and that draws attention to where ever he would go. He could have done this at Fresno St or a Duke. Colorado is just the one who rolled the dice and it's paying off. I dont think exposed is the right word. His team doesnt have the talent Oregon or USC have. Colorado State gave them all they could handle in a game where they had the more talented players. I actually think the CSU coach, coached a better game overall but shit the bed by not going for it on the fourth and 2-3 and attempted a long field goal that was blocked. They get that first down they win in regulation.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt say it was easy. I'm sayng why are people surprised they are better. You're a Michigan fan. Didn't your basketball team get much better when the fab four came to play basketball there?
Much better? Michigan won the national title 3 seasons before the Fab Five. Also, comparing a sport with 10-12 players to a sport with 60+ players is like apples and oranges.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better? Michigan won the national title 3 seasons before the Fab Five. Also, comparing a sport with 10-12 players to a sport with 60+ players is like apples and oranges.
Not when he brought in like 70 new players. lol. The main one is he brought in a QB that would start in all but maybe three other programs over who they have now.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not when he brought in like 70 new players. lol. The main one is he brought in a QB that would start in all but maybe three other programs over who they have now.

So you have a new team, new location, new coaches and a few 4 and 5* athletes and you play nearly a flawless game in game #1 and are rightfully ranked in the top 25 after 3 weeks, and that’s not an amazing accomplishment in college football?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have a new team, new location, new coaches and a few 4 and 5* athletes and you play nearly a flawless game in game #1 and are rightfully ranked in the top 25 after 3 weeks, and that’s not an amazing accomplishment in college football?
That wasn't a nearly flawless game against TCU. lol. Did you even watch it?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't a nearly flawless game against TCU. lol. Did you even watch it?
I said nearly and I was talking from a penalty perspective. It’s hard to get an offensive line in sync with a brand new line in game #1.