• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Definition of a bandwagon fan

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is one for debate...

Some huge sci fi fans will say.. "you can't like both Star Trek and Star Wars".

If you just like football but don't love any individual team, what is the issue if you just watch the good teams?
It's a character flaw. It shows they can't handle disappointment. I'm not saying you have to root for a shitty team but it has to be pretty dull to only root for heavy favorites. It sucks the excitement and importance out of wins where teams finally turn it around.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a character flaw. It shows they can't handle disappointment. I'm not saying you have to root for a shitty team but it has to be pretty dull to only root for heavy favorites. It sucks the excitement and importance out of wins where teams finally turn it around.

Just for debate... When a tv show turns bad, or a music artist puts out bad albums, you have to keep listening to them and not change the channel and find something better?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for debate... When a tv show turns bad, or a music artist puts out bad albums, you have to keep listening to them and not change the channel and find something better?
It's time to move on when that happens.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good analogy, no matter how awful some of those bad albums are, you keep saying X, Y or Z band was the "father" of rock n roll, blues or whatever stuff brightens your heart.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a good analogy, no matter how awful some of those bad albums are, you keep saying X, Y or Z band was the "father" of rock n roll, blues or whatever stuff brightens your heart.

Yeah there is that... but for example when a band puts out a crappy album sure maybe you get that first one but you don't keep buying their music and supporting them if you they aren't putting out anything good anymore.

Say you have a favorite restaurant but the past couple years their food hasn't been good, their service has been bad, etc. Do you still go there all the time just because it's your restaurant?

I was thinking about this in other sports. I am a fairweather fan for swimming and just about all the Olympic sports. I don't care as much if Team USA isn't competitive in that sport. But if Phelps is dominating, I'm watching. Same with Tennis or Nascar or Golf, or even basketball/hockey to an extent. I would rather watch good sports in those than stick myself with a team or person good or bad.

I am bringing this up just as a thought. I've lived through a lot of bad Eagles seasons and I think they are much better because there are a lot of good teams and players in the league I also watch and even root for (not Dallas, NYG, or Wash though, but I have liked watching some of their players). To me, if I only cared about one QB... how Koy Detmer was playing, the NFL would suck. But if I wasn't a hardcore fan of the NFL, I'd have no issue just wanting to watch and cheer for the good execution of the game rather than attach myself to a team. As a die hard fan... well I am not so sure.