• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dee Dee McCarron Tweets about Winston

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiko Alonso is a typical Oregon academic superstar. His speech at 5:55 sums up Nike U. If you can read at a popup book level, but athletically gifted, you're in.

Fowler appears to take pity on him and cut off the interview early.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWSukoTEZCU]2012 Rose Bowl - Postgame celebration and trophy presentation - YouTube[/ame]

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys know that God is blessed?

Had to rewind my dvr and make certain that's what he said! :nod:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I learnt he was a "person".

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiko Alonso is a typical Oregon academic superstar. His speech at 5:55 sums up Nike U. If you can read at a popup book level, but athletically gifted, you're in.

Fowler appears to take pity on him and cut off the interview early.

2012 Rose Bowl - Postgame celebration and trophy presentation - YouTube

L3wKyem.gif

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What it is big mama? My mama no raise no dummy, I dug her rap..

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my friend, when you go around calling folks a 'pussy' because you don't approve of their post, that pretty much makes you an easy mark as someone lacking intelligence. But that's OK, I'm sure you have lots of company among your group of friends.

Anybody who complains about being called a pussy should just pull their skirt up and quit bitching like a acne faced teenager.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who complains about being called a pussy should just pull their skirt up and quit bitching like a acne faced teenager.

I will have you know that I do not have acne. LOL....the dress, on the other hand....

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a 30 for 30 in Jameis future "Mo Money Mo Problems Part Deux"

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I like the kid. People need to give him a break. The kid turned 20 the day of the game and has handled himself very well. If you think about the r*pe accusations that surrounded him for the most part of the season and the increased media exposure, the guy kept his composure and lead his team to the NC. It's sad that people can't let him enjoy the moment, but instead want to knock him down. Very sad indeed.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I like the kid. People need to give him a break. The kid turned 20 the day of the game and has handled himself very well. If you think about the r*pe accusations that surrounded him for the most part of the season and the increased media exposure, the guy kept his composure and lead his team to the NC. It's sad that people can't let him enjoy the moment, but instead want to knock him down. Very sad indeed.

If the post game “interview” was his first case of butchering the English language, I think folks would be more willing to give him a break and write it off as a spur of the moment thing. It’s not the first time he made a fool of himself by opening his mouth. In fact, every time he opens his mouth he sounds like a horrible stereotype, and I’m more surprised that someone hasn’t taken him aside and taken care of this problem long before he made it to this level. He may be the nicest kid in the world ( although there’s still a good bit of controversy swirling around that..... ). “Nice” doesn’t matter. The point of the discussion is there is ZERO excuse for his laughable speech pattern. He’s just a step above Dennis Rodman on that scoresheet. People who say “who cares” or “what does it matter” only contribute to the problem that exists with many athletes, black, white, whatever. We give these kids free passes all their lives because they are gifted players, then give them college scholarships for God’s sake! Now, I could be totally off base and Jameis might be a top flight student, but I have strong doubts based on his utter disdain for the English language. He’s the current poster-boy for what is wrong with the “student/athlete” myth. Does he speak like this in class or with his professor when discussing his writing assignments? I wonder how that shakes out?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying, but then we--as a society--are a bunch of hypocrites. If it really bothered us that much, we would demand that our colleges and universities do a better job of educating their student athletes. If you go to CNN, they did a recent study on a number of universities/colleges regarding test scores for incoming student athletes. It's dismal and depressing. What gets under my craw is that we celebrate these kids, give them scholarships, endorsements, etc., but then blast them when they reach some pinnacle of success and they don't measure up to our standards. Fucking ridiculous. We are all fully aware that student athletes at top tier schools get the VIP treatment and are not held to she same standard as traditional students.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand what you are saying, but then we--as a society--are a bunch of hypocrites. If it really bothered us that much, we would demand that our colleges and universities do a better job of educating their student athletes. If you go to CNN, they did a recent study on a number of universities/colleges regarding test scores for incoming student athletes. It's dismal and depressing. What gets under my craw is that we celebrate these kids, give them scholarships, endorsements, etc., but then blast them when they reach some pinnacle of success and they don't measure up to our standards. Fucking ridiculous. We are all fully aware that student athletes at top tier schools get the VIP treatment and are not held to she same standard as traditional students.

I could not agree with you more. I’ve always felt this way. And I will admit buying into that giant system too, and not really thinking about who my University is giving scholarships to. This isn’t a FSU thing or black/white thing. God knows there are kids like this at every school and of all races. You hit the nail on the head. We tolerate it, hell perpetuate it. What’s sad is there are deserving kids that can’t go to college because they can’t throw touchdown passes. But on the flip side I know that kids like Jameis bring a lot of money to the school that helps with the general scholarship fund. I guess I just wish we would put more emphasis on the student part of student/athlete.

LSU

T-Shirt fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ive never given any kid a scholarship, ive never bought a product because of a student athletes endorsement, and I am raising my own children to speak better than these athletes we are all making fun of. I am not gonna take the blame for these 20 year old student athletes speaking like a drunk 6 year old who had a stroke.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those of us--myself included--who cheer on our college teams support this system, period. Support does not have to be only monetary.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is still going? jesus