• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dead Man Walking

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true. it would have been nice to have them cut their teeth on someone else's dime.

It's no longer a "cutting teeth" issue. It's year 7. The vast majority of fans gave Bo 4 years to "cut his teeth", most gave him 5 years to "cut his teeth", probably 50% gave him 6 years to "cut his teeth".

Some guys weren't meant to be elite head coaches. Rick Neuheisel spent 4 years "cutting his teeth" at Colorado, he then spent 4 years "cutting his teeth" at Washington, he then spent 5 years back at position coaching before UCLA gave him 4 more years to produce as a HC. He stunk. He is not elite HC material.

I am in no way insinuating that Bo is as bad as Neuheisel. I am saying there are different grades of head coaches. There are complete failures, somewhere in the middle, and then there are elite coaches. Bo is somewhere in the middle. He can beat all of the mid-majors, the vast majority of the 7 win or less type FBS teams, about half of the 8 win type teams, but his record against 9 win or better teams is deplorable. He is just a bit better than average. 7 years of data doesn't lie. "Cutting teeth" should have been over 3 years ago.

If beating mid-majors and 7 win or less FBS teams makes you all giddy, then more power to you. Many of our expectations are higher than that.

As for the remainder of this season....

8 wins and he should be fired.
9 wins and he should be fired.
10 wins I can stomach, but I'll be calling for a shake-up on his staff. Particularly Dobson.
11 wins he will earn my support for another year.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no longer a "cutting teeth" issue. It's year 7. The vast majority of fans gave Bo 4 years to "cut his teeth", most gave him 5 years to "cut his teeth", probably 50% gave him 6 years to "cut his teeth".

Some guys weren't meant to be elite head coaches. Rick Neuheisel spent 4 years "cutting his teeth" at Colorado, he then spent 4 years "cutting his teeth" at Washington, he then spent 5 years back at position coaching before UCLA gave him 4 more years to produce as a HC. He stunk. He is not elite HC material.

I am in no way insinuating that Bo is as bad as Neuheisel. I am saying there are different grades of head coaches. There are complete failures, somewhere in the middle, and then there are elite coaches. Bo is somewhere in the middle. He can beat all of the mid-majors, the vast majority of the 7 win or less type FBS teams, about half of the 8 win type teams, but his record against 9 win or better teams is deplorable. He is just a bit better than average. 7 years of data doesn't lie. "Cutting teeth" should have been over 3 years ago.

If beating mid-majors and 7 win or less FBS teams makes you all giddy, then more power to you. Many of our expectations are higher than that.

10 wins I can stomach, but I'll be calling for a shake-up on his staff. Particularly Dobson.

Not gonna disagree with you on any of this. However, per the bolded: There are very few elite coaches. VERY few. They are spending their talents in or near recruiting hot beds. Nebraska is not in or near a recruiting hotbed.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna disagree with you on any of this. However, per the bolded: There are very few elite coaches. VERY few. They are spending their talents in or near recruiting hot beds. Nebraska is not in or near a recruiting hotbed.

And this justifies the ass kicking's Bo Pelini teams take from the likes of Wisconsin how?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sir we don't have good playerz

Yup

Neither does 8 win Texas teams of the past 5 years, or 7 win Michigan teams of the past few years, or the 7 win Kiffin teams at USC of the past few years, or the 7 win Florida teams of the past few years. I can go on and on with failed Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, etc.. teams over the years.

It's coaching.

However for some it's easier for irrelevant excuses.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this justifies the ass kicking's Bo Pelini teams take from the likes of Wisconsin how?

Has nothing to do with it. You use the words "not an elite coach" whenever you are talking about Pelini. I am saying that you won't bring an elite coach to Nebraska. Ever. Bring in a good coach and let him grow. Yeah it sucks. Yeah it's embarrassing. Yeah people laugh. You're not gonna build a great program that can sustain when you are in Nebraska without longevity.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup

Neither does 8 win Texas teams of the past 5 years, or 7 win Michigan teams of the past few years, or the 7 win Kiffin teams at USC of the past few years, or the 7 win Florida teams of the past few years. I can go on and on with failed Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio St, etc.. teams over the years.

It's coaching.

However for some it's easier for irrelevant excuses.

Maybe they had bad coachez, but we have bad playerz.

We jest picked the wrong ones when recruiting en sech.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with it. You use the words "not an elite coach" whenever you are talking about Pelini. I am saying that you won't bring an elite coach to Nebraska. Ever. Bring in a good coach and let him grow. Yeah it sucks. Yeah it's embarrassing. Yeah people laugh. You're not gonna build a great program that can sustain when you are in Nebraska without longevity.

Has everything to do with it. Bo is a VERY average coach. That's why non-elite teams consistently kick the fucking shit out of his teams.

So go pound your chest over beating mid majors and 5-7 FBS losers.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Bo sympathizers and their battered wives syndrome.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I read your posts and it's just :wtf:

How you translated anything that I have said into pounding my chest is beyond me. You must be on the drank or something.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I want Nebraska to win these next two games. But I do think a shake up needs to happen on staff no matter what the outcome in victories are.

1. Dobson needs to go
2. Cotton needs to retire from coaching
3. Els needs to be just the Recruiting Cordinator

IMO this is the minimum of requirements that needs to happen. I really would like to see Bo actually higher a DC who Bo will actually allow to call plays and allow Bo to really be a Head coach.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fast jumping off the Frost train.

He may be the next big thing. I just don't know if I'd break him in at Nebraska.

If we're going to fire and hire someone, let's make it really fuckin count this time. No going all in on a gut feeling.
-------
If we are ever fortunate to see Bo leave (by any way possible), I'd be surprised if the school picked another individual without HCing experience. That hasn't worked since TO retired.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I read your posts and it's just :wtf:

How you translated anything that I have said into pounding my chest is beyond me. You must be on the drank or something.

Nope. Not a drop. Got off work and went to Yutan. Went back to hotel for supper then went to Midwest City. Got back to hotel and am doing laundry.

Here's your wins

FAU............ (3-7) Mid-Major
McNeese St.. (6-4) FCS
Fresno St..... (4-6) Mid-Major
Miami, FL..... (6-4)
Illinois......... (4-6)
Northwestern (4-6)
Rutgers........ (6-4)
Purdue......... (3-7)

Nebraska is gonna skull fuck Wisconsin. Not even close. Mismatch. Blow out. Call it whatever you want. It's gonna be an ugly night for the Badgers.

I can't wait to tell you all to eat shit after the Huskers beat the fuck out of Wisconsin.

^^^^ditto

So, we're due then, right?

That's what I am basing my entire game philosophy on this week. It's our fucking turn.

Dammit

Nah, they won't score 31.....

Had a gut feeling all week. They are usually pretty accurate when I get them. Nebraska rolls tomorrow. All cylinders firing.

This probably has a lot to do with it. It's time. It has to happen eventually. This IS a good team.

The sad part is, if they do light 'em up we'd have to spend the next week or so on here listening to the negative "fans" spew venom about how it is a weak Wisky team and it still is not a quality win... yadda yadda yadda. You know the type.

There can be no doubt that a win over them at their place especially, would be an awesome win.

Awesome, yes. But SOME would consider it a soft win over a soft opponent. Or a fluke.

jack-nicholson-o.gif

How you can equate those wins into skull fucking Wisconsin is beyond me. I think the game has passed you by, Tom

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Not a drop. Got off work and went to Yutan. Went back to hotel for supper then went to Midwest City. Got back to hotel and am doing laundry.

Here's your wins

FAU............ (3-7) Mid-Major
McNeese St.. (6-4) FCS
Fresno St..... (4-6) Mid-Major
Miami, FL..... (6-4)
Illinois......... (4-6)
Northwestern (4-6)
Rutgers........ (6-4)
Purdue......... (3-7)

jack-nicholson-o.gif

How you can equate those wins into skull fucking Wisconsin is beyond me. I think the game has passed you by, Tom

Um.... oops?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard some information suggesting that the Defense is struggling against the scout team this week.

This combined with the whole blackshirt thing makes me think bad things are on the horizon.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Rusty Rooster I know is....

Once upon a time there was a farmer named Charlie who's hens wouldn't lay eggs. He asked his neighbor "Hank are your chickens laying eggs?" and Hank said "yeah, I got a rooster named Rusty that'll fuck 10 chickens in a row like it's nothing. I have to limit him to five a day or he'll fuck himself to death"
Charlie asked Hank "can I borrow Rusty for a few days to see if he can get my chickens to start laying eggs?"
Hank said "ok, but you need to make sure you limit Rusty to five chickens a day. If'n you let him fuck himself to death you owe me $1000".
Charlie said "That's fine I'll take good care of him".
Charlie took Rusty home and turned him loose in the coop. Rusty would grab a chicken and fuck it silly, toss it aside, grab another chicken and fuck it silly. Rusty got through five and Charlie grabbed him and locked him in a different coop by himself.
The next morning Charlie went out to give Rusty a shot at five more chickens and found the lock busted and Rusty missing. He ran over to the chicken coop, there were feathers everywhere and all 50 chickens were laying there happy as can be that they'd been fucked all night. Rusty was no where to be found though.
Charlie ran out of the coop yelling "Rusteee, Russssteee, Russssteeee"...Charlie went out into the pasture and found all his horses, cows, and goats had even been fucked silly.

Off in the distance he could see some buzzards circling a hill. Charlie thought "oh shit, that damn rooster done fucked himself to death and is gonna cost me $1,000 and a ton of embarrassment. He went running to the hill and there was Rusty, laying on his back, eyes closed, with his feet in the air.

Charlie started sobbing loudly "RUSTY, RUSTY, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, I PROMISED I"D TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU.

Rusty opened one eye and said "Shhhhh, quiet will ya, them buzzards are fixin to land"