• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dead Man Walking

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only Rusty Rooster I know is....

Once upon a time there was a farmer named Charlie who's hens wouldn't lay eggs. He asked his neighbor "Hank are your chickens laying eggs?" and Hank said "yeah, I got a rooster named Rusty that'll fuck 10 chickens in a row like it's nothing. I have to limit him to five a day or he'll fuck himself to death"
Charlie asked Hank "can I borrow Rusty for a few days to see if he can get my chickens to start laying eggs?"
Hank said "ok, but you need to make sure you limit Rusty to five chickens a day. If'n you let him fuck himself to death you owe me $1000".
Charlie said "That's fine I'll take good care of him".
Charlie took Rusty home and turned him loose in the coop. Rusty would grab a chicken and fuck it silly, toss it aside, grab another chicken and fuck it silly. Rusty got through five and Charlie grabbed him and locked him in a different coop by himself.
The next morning Charlie went out to give Rusty a shot at five more chickens and found the lock busted and Rusty missing. He ran over to the chicken coop, there were feathers everywhere and all 50 chickens were laying there happy as can be that they'd been fucked all night. Rusty was no where to be found though.
Charlie ran out of the coop yelling "Rusteee, Russssteee, Russssteeee"...Charlie went out into the pasture and found all his horses, cows, and goats had even been fucked silly.

Off in the distance he could see some buzzards circling a hill. Charlie thought "oh shit, that damn rooster done fucked himself to death and is gonna cost me $1,000 and a ton of embarrassment. He went running to the hill and there was Rusty, laying on his back, eyes closed, with his feet in the air.

Charlie started sobbing loudly "RUSTY, RUSTY, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME, I PROMISED I"D TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU.

Rusty opened one eye and said "Shhhhh, quiet will ya, them buzzards are fixin to land"
tard.gif
laughingdog.gif

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been giving it a lot of thought because while I am fed up with these ass kickings, I also know that letting Bo go only means we need to find a replacement who won't lead us to this same place 7 years from now.

So I'm not going to say I think Bo absolutely needs to go but he has clearly hit a wall and up to this point the fix has been to adjust popular opinion rather than adjust coaching. Well holding a cat up in the air, pretending to beat up a player or coming out in an alt uniform is not going to fix this.

When asked why this keeps happening he said he doesn't know. I believe it was last year he had the same answer for the same question.

Well you can not keep drawing the check and just say "I don't know why it happens but I'm good. I know I'm doing the best I can." Damn it, he's not paid to do "the best he can"! He is paid to put a quality product on the field and these last few years this clearly has not happened. Hell he has never had a game, let alone a season where both the defense and offense produced. Despite the 9 win seasons everyone knows we are a paper tiger that goes up in a puff of smoke with the least heat applied.

Bo doesn't have the answers? Fine. Then he needs to go out side the program and determine what changes need to be made by looking at what winning schools are doing.

Frank Solich did it. Osborne did it. It is the simplest of common sense. If you don't have the answer then you have to look for someone who does.

And if you are not willing to do that then Eichorst has to. What I do know is up to this point Bo has not been willing to look outside his circle of close friends. Hopefully Eichorst will force him to do this.

We don't know what is happening behind the scenes. Perhaps he already has. But the fact that after last year neither of them saw a need to make any changes makes me question whether either understand the level of play that most Husker fans expect or whether either even give a damn.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been giving it a lot of thought because while I am fed up with these ass kickings, I also know that letting Bo go only means we need to find a replacement who won't lead us to this same place 7 years from now.

So I'm not going to say I think Bo absolutely needs to go but he has clearly hit a wall and up to this point the fix has been to adjust popular opinion rather than adjust coaching. Well holding a cat up in the air, pretending to beat up a player or coming out in an alt uniform is not going to fix this.

When asked why this keeps happening he said he doesn't know. I believe it was last year he had the same answer for the same question.

Well you can not keep drawing the check and just say "I don't know why it happens but I'm good. I know I'm doing the best I can." Damn it, he's not paid to do "the best he can"! He is paid to put a quality product on the field and these last few years this clearly has not happened. Hell he has never had a game, let alone a season where both the defense and offense produced. Despite the 9 win seasons everyone knows we are a paper tiger that goes up in a puff of smoke with the least heat applied.

Bo doesn't have the answers? Fine. Then he needs to go out side the program and determine what changes need to be made by looking at what winning schools are doing.

Frank Solich did it. Osborne did it. It is the simplest of common sense. If you don't have the answer then you have to look for someone who does.

And if you are not willing to do that then Eichorst has to. What I do know is up to this point Bo has not been willing to look outside his circle of close friends. Hopefully Eichorst will force him to do this.

We don't know what is happening behind the scenes. Perhaps he already has. But the fact that after last year neither of them saw a need to make any changes makes me question whether either understand the level of play that most Husker fans expect or whether either even give a damn.
-------
This is why I said what I did about Eichorst. He has the authority to try and improve the program when it's actually as much the HCs fault who isn't doing anything about it. Lean on Bo to get rid of some asistants--which I'd doubt he's do. That way Eichorst has an open door to let Pelini go. And it's not just the blow outs. Losing to the likes of MSU is BS as well. For three mill, he should be able to beat someone of consequence.

GBR

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you at all. I just think that before we get rid of him the prudent thing would be to see if what is in place can be repaired.
It's been seven years now though and nothing has been done to address the systemic issues. So to do that at this point there has to be some concrete steps put in place and a time line. Which means 1) Pelini has to either admit what he is doing is not working and it is more than just execution or 2) Eichorst has to issue an ultimatum. Unfortunately right now it appears that neither of these are going to happen any time soon.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win/loss totals don't mean crap. Compete and beat Ohio State, Michigan State, and Wisconsin - year in and out/win the B1G and then call it a successful season. Those low FBS high FCS wins aren't worth mentioning as wins. Bo wants to be one of the guys when it comes to his assistants and players ~ zero accountability because the players know if they screw up, they will still be out on the field. Sorry, but a guy who continually screws up on the field should wear his ass out on the bench and I hope he gets splinters from squirming (TA, etc..). Yes, Nebraska should use a heavy set to run especially when Ameer is less than 90%. If Beck wants to be a passing team, put in a guy who can hit the side of a barn for crise sake - end rant.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has nothing to do with it. You use the words "not an elite coach" whenever you are talking about Pelini. I am saying that you won't bring an elite coach to Nebraska. Ever. Bring in a good coach and let him grow. Yeah it sucks. Yeah it's embarrassing. Yeah people laugh. You're not gonna build a great program that can sustain when you are in Nebraska without longevity.
-------
Yeah, you're right, we've tried a hundred times in hiring experienced coaches here at Nebraska and have failed every last time. :L

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you at all. I just think that before we get rid of him the prudent thing would be to see if what is in place can be repaired.
It's been seven years now though and nothing has been done to address the systemic issues. So to do that at this point there has to be some concrete steps put in place and a time line. Which means 1) Pelini has to either admit what he is doing is not working and it is more than just execution or 2) Eichorst has to issue an ultimatum. Unfortunately right now it appears that neither of these are going to happen any time soon.
-------
I think it's going to be up to Eichorst. Bo is just too loyal to his coaches and too damned stubborn to admit in the first place that what he is doing is not working.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line us Bo can't get us to the next level. SE needs to pull the trigger. It took Tom 25 years to win the big one,I don't want to wait that long

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me losing to Wisconsin Mich st is unacceptable. Not being able to compete with Urban is unacceptable. This is Nebraska

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line us Bo can't get us to the next level. SE needs to pull the trigger. It took Tom 25 years to win the big one,I don't want to wait that long

I can wait 25 years to "win the big one".

That's not the issue here though. Nebraska is light years away from just playing for "the big one". They can't even win a conference title. They have been a 3rd tier team (at best) for 13 years now.

It may have taken T.O. 25 years to "win the big one", but he won a lot of big games in that time period, at least played for "the big one" a bunch of times, and didn't get blown out when he ran into a team with a pulse.

Nebraska was never a laughing stock under T.O.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holding the cat up in the air had me bolieving a little.

THEN he wore the alt uni on video and I was like....."I'm sold. Huskerz fer Champz."

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm Font MotherFucker!!!
Use it!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Yeah, you're right, we've tried a hundred times in hiring experienced coaches here at Nebraska and have failed every last time. :L

With all due respect, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.