• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DCFFL 2017 Mock Comment Thread

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping one of the top safeties, Lattimore, or Howard would fall to #12 and wait to take QB in the 2nd round but I really do like Trubisky as a QB with high upside. One of the few guys I saw his eyes going through multiple reads to find the right target.
Browns would be extremely lucky to have the draft fall this way. As far as I'm concerned, everything else would be gravy. I think Myles and Trubisky would be an ideal scenario for the Browns. Especially since they sat tight at #12 and got to pick their guy out of the top 4 QBs. I'm sure that teams will value each QB differently. Could end up being very different than we expect it to go.

I'm curious to see if the Eagles make a pick here, or execute the first trade.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns would be extremely lucky to have the draft fall this way. As far as I'm concerned, everything else would be gravy. I think Myles and Trubisky would be an ideal scenario for the Browns. Especially since they sat tight at #12 and got to pick their guy out of the top 4 QBs. I'm sure that teams will value each QB differently. Could end up being very different than we expect it to go.

Oh believe me I am happy with this draft. I just know that these mock drafts QB's fall a lot further than they would in the actual draft so I thought about trying to get away and see who would be there in the top of the 2nd or working to trade up. At this point though yeah the Browns have taken the best player in the draft that happens to fit a huge position of need and of course the QB they hope to build their franchise around. So both sides now maybe have a cornerstone piece to work with. Can't beat that.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@fullxtension - Out of curiosity, is Jabril Peppers the guy that you had wanted to target for your potential trade up? My son had hoped for either McCaffrey or Peppers to fall into his range. On to plan C.

Now that he's off the board, @Draft Crazy, what is your opinion and evaluation of Jabril Peppers? Where do you see him playing in the NFL. Personally, I see him as a rich man's Micah Hyde - which is the main reason I'm okay with the Packers drafting him. With his size/speed combo, do you think anyone would try him at CB?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Peppers plays S in the NFL.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wanted to trade down, but no one wanted to move up. I thought about just taking McCaffrey at 14, but I just don't feel comfortable at all with the defense and took the best player on my board. Really hard to pass on Humphrey since that's the position of most need, but I hate watching guys that don't play the ball well. Feels like we've had years of that from this Eagles secondary.

Barnett will fill out my stable of DEs and gives me a young inexpensive talent at the position moving forward.

Humphrey was a no brainer for the Colts at that point.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnett was a great pick by the way. He was high up on the Packers wish list. He had his 1st tier (all as potential trade targets) as Barnett, McCaffrey, Peppers, Humphrey and Njoku. Never fell into his price range, because we simply weren't willing to pay much to get there.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forrest Lamp is a guy the Hawks have talked about and it's hard to deny the OL need. I realize that Seattle usually takes players that make people scratch their heads. But this time there was a path to the need so I pushed that way.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forrest Lamp is a guy the Hawks have talked about and it's hard to deny the OL need. I realize that Seattle usually takes players that make people scratch their heads. But this time there was a path to the need so I pushed that way.

I know plenty of teams have Lamp as a top-20 pick so fits both need and value for the Hawks. Good pick.

Ellis269

Hoopla Cash
$ 28,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to lie. He was the Packers #1 target for pick #29. We have him graded out at the #1 lineman for Green Bay's scheme.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this draft turns out like real draft Denver had some nice options at #20.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this draft turns out like real draft Denver had some nice options at #20.

As a Bronco fan I approve of the pick. Would be hard not to want to pick Reddick but Robinson fits a much bigger need and still offers value. Hearing lots of teams thinking he doesn't make it out of the top-10 in this draft. So getting him at 20 is very nice value.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Reddick was hard to pass on. Just had to fill the need at a good value and weak position in draft.

If Jarrad Davis ends up a Chief ill need a barf bag.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Reddick was hard to pass on. Just had to fill the need at a good value and weak position in draft.

If Jarrad Davis ends up a Chief ill need a barf bag.

Like I said it wasn't easy talking to Nick about who the Chiefs should take and giving them a guy like Davis.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there will be some IRL jockying to get ahold of those high ranking LBs and CBs. But with all the "SportsHoopla" (see what I did there?) about the QBs people will miss it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one thinking TJ Watt is a bit overrated in this draft? I like him, but not projected round 1 like a lot have him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one thinking TJ Watt is a bit overrated in this draft? I like him, but not projected round 1 like a lot have him.

I'm with you there. The tape doesn't show 1st round talent. His combine numbers have bumped him up in a lot of people's minds thinking he just needs a bit of time to develop and take advantage of his superior athleticism. To me he has a long ways to go technique wise and I just don't see that 1st step explosion that I like in my pass rushers.

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you there. The tape doesn't show 1st round talent. His combine numbers have bumped him up in a lot of people's minds thinking he just needs a bit of time to develop and take advantage of his superior athleticism. To me he has a long ways to go technique wise and I just don't see that 1st step explosion that I like in my pass rushers.

All true but the lack of top tier LBs to pick in the first round may get someone to reach. Plus he's the biggest (tallest and heaviest) LB on the board. That does count for something. Throw in the 37" vertical and coaches get excited.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true but the lack of top tier LBs to pick in the first round may get someone to reach. Plus he's the biggest (tallest and heaviest) LB on the board. That does count for something. Throw in the 37" vertical and coaches get excited.

Oh I understand why some have him as a 1st round talent. I just don't think you are going to get the day 1 production you are hoping when drafting a guy like him. He has talent so not a terrible pick by any means. I just have him as a day 2 kind of prospect where you are looking for some of that upside to be a star but hasn't shown it quite yet.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his name was TJ Smith, I think he would be a 3rd round prospect.