• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dbacks leaving Arizona?!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
County leader tells D-Backs: 'Take your stupid team and get out'

Apparently, the county is not happy with a team that sucks and has not given people reason to regularly attend games in years coming to them and asking for $65 million. I have to say I'd probably have the same response.

I would make extra money for unneeded (I was just there, this was not Oakland) "upgrades" contingent on making the playoffs. Do that, and we'll do everything we can to make those upgrades happen.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
County leader tells D-Backs: 'Take your stupid team and get out'

Apparently, the county is not happy with a team that sucks and has not given people reason to regularly attend games in years coming to them and asking for $65 million. I have to say I'd probably have the same response.

I would make extra money for unneeded (I was just there, this was not Oakland) "upgrades" contingent on making the playoffs. Do that, and we'll do everything we can to make those upgrades happen.
The Dbacks are just a tenant to the building and have a long term lease which obligates the County to maintain the building because the lease that says they will.

If the county doesn't want to pay for renovations it shouldn't have paid for and built the ball park and lease it to the Dbacks under the lease agreement they have. If I understand correctly, there is nothing in the lease that talks about performance of the team contingent to renovations. Trying to change the terms of the least after the fact... not so easy.

City of Glendale tried that and lost in court for pretty much the same reasons... the lease they had didn't have the clauses they wanted to change in it. Now they are going to end up with a pretty empty arena and taxpayers will still be paying for it. Tax payer beware.