• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Da'Shawn hand open thread

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoke is a joke. I'm not surprised by this why would you want to play at Michigan? Coaches blow donkey loads.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dos_equis_walken_by_blackrock3-d61crgi.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no i dont hire kids right out of college because many colleges dont teach(or wont say they teach) what i hire for.

I have a friend who i encouraged to get his education. Due to his age and time constraints, he chose a small regional University. He was in the Bachelors phase of his education and came upon a recruiter for government jobs. He got an interview for a position with a little three letter group out of Washington and had to interview against several candidates including two from MIT. Long story short, he got the job because he excelled in his education at a no name school and didnt let the bigger names intimidate him. He went for what he knows.

I see your point, i also see that generic brands can be just as tasty and the brand names at a fraction of the cost.

What you say makes sense. Post college work trumps everything because it creates a track record in the real world and education becomes secondary.

MIT graduates don't apply for jobs, they are recruited.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
likeabus.gif

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ your #1 priority being education then switching your intended major to sports marketing then committing to Bama's civil engineering program. I respect the hell out of Hand, but just tell the troof.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like highly coveted strong side DE (same position as Da'Shawn Hand) Malik McDowell, out of Southfield, MI will most likely choose Michigan, now that he knows he won't have to compete against Hand for the starting job.

Of course, this will piss-off Michigan State who was also high on Malik McDowell's final choice list.

So far, Malik McDowell has received 18 scholarship offers, with most of those offers coming from the big time schools/programs in the B1G, SEC, PAC, and ACC:

Malik McDowell

McDowell stated he will wait until signing day to announce his decision.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like highly coveted strong side DE (same position as Da'Shawn Hand) Malik McDowell, out of Southfield, MI will most likely choose Michigan, now that he knows he won't have to compete against Hand for the starting job.

Of course, this will piss-off Michigan State who was also high on Malik McDowell's final choice list.

So far, Malik McDowell has received 18 scholarship offers, with most of those offers coming from the big time schools/programs in the B1G, SEC, PAC, and ACC:

Malik McDowell

McDowell stated he will wait until signing day to announce his decision.

Well he would have to compete at Michigan State as well so if he goes to Michigan, he would be a starter off the bat :suds:

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he would have to compete at Michigan State as well so if he goes to Michigan, he would be a starter off the bat :suds:

Yeah, Malik McDowell would probably have an easier route to being the starter at Michigan as opposed to Michigan State...but Malik should consider his choice wisely, and ask himself---'who would I rather have as a mentor/teacher, Greg Mattison or Pat Narduzzi?'

Clearly Narduzzi would be the preferred choice...however...how much longer is Narduzzi going to remain at MSU? I would imagine Narduzzi is eventually going to receive a very good head coaching offer. Even so, if I were McDowell, I would consider MSU as the better place to develop my skills as a top-notch DE.

I think McDowell is seriously considering MSU...my reasoning is that Malik recently announced he was delaying his school choice announcement until signing day (February 5th 2014). I believe Malik is waiting to see what Narduzzi is going to do, so Malik is wisely waiting until February 5.

IMO, more kids should wait until February signing day instead of committing early. After all, coaching changes and hirings happen all the time each January, and the coaching staff a recruit wishes to learn from might not even be present any longer at the chosen early commitment school.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan got the finger from Hand (it happens) but I'm more concerned about the interior DLinemen. At this point I'd rather have Mone (hoping he stays committed and better yet enrolls early) than Hand. Losing the recruiting war over Hand stung bad (I really like the kid) but we're still firmly in the mix with McDowell.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Malik McDowell would probably have an easier route to being the starter at Michigan as opposed to Michigan State...but Malik should consider his choice wisely, and ask himself---'who would I rather have as a mentor/teacher, Greg Mattison or Pat Narduzzi?'

Clearly Narduzzi would be the preferred choice...however...how much longer is Narduzzi going to remain at MSU? I would imagine Narduzzi is eventually going to receive a very good head coaching offer. Even so, if I were McDowell, I would consider MSU as the better place to develop my skills as a top-notch DE.

I think McDowell is seriously considering MSU...my reasoning is that Malik recently announced he was delaying his school choice announcement until signing day (February 5th 2014). I believe Malik is waiting to see what Narduzzi is going to do, so Malik is wisely waiting until February 5.

IMO, more kids should wait until February signing day instead of committing early. After all, coaching changes and hirings happen all the time each January, and the coaching staff a recruit wishes to learn from might not even be present any longer at the chosen early commitment school.

Couple of comments. First, I agree that MSU would be a perfect fit for McD but if he stays in state, he will choose Michigan. He is just starting his tour of the SEC and if he is blown away by someone, he could go to warmer climates. I haven't seen a list of his officials but I believe Tenn, Bama, Fla, and FSU are likely destinations. I would put him at 50/50.

Now about more kids waiting until NSD, I think that could be utter chaos. As it is now, there are several decommits of top-ranked kids in the last two weeks. Recruits know when they commit that they haven't really committed to anything until the fax is sent in. When the coaching carousel is in full swing, recruits know they have options. That is why coaches stay in contact with many recruits. Michigan is one of the few programs that absolutely will not allow recruits to take officials to other schools once they have committed to Hoke.

Last, Narduzzi is likely gone after this season and most recruits know it but as long as Dantonio stays, losses should be minimal. After all, he made his mark as a DC at OSU.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of comments. First, I agree that MSU would be a perfect fit for McD but if he stays in state, he will choose Michigan. He is just starting his tour of the SEC and if he is blown away by someone, he could go to warmer climates. I haven't seen a list of his officials but I believe Tenn, Bama, Fla, and FSU are likely destinations. I would put him at 50/50.

Now about more kids waiting until NSD, I think that could be utter chaos. As it is now, there are several decommits of top-ranked kids in the last two weeks. Recruits know when they commit that they haven't really committed to anything until the fax is sent in. When the coaching carousel is in full swing, recruits know they have options. That is why coaches stay in contact with many recruits. Michigan is one of the few programs that absolutely will not allow recruits to take officials to other schools once they have committed to Hoke.

Last, Narduzzi is likely gone after this season and most recruits know it but as long as Dantonio stays, losses should be minimal. After all, he made his mark as a DC at OSU.

How do they stop it?

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's where Michigan and northern schools in general get screwed with most of the talent being in the South. In the South there is a much larger concentration of talent, and tons of good football schools, so it's very easy for a kid to have his parents drive him to Georgia or Alabama if he's from Florida for an unofficial visit.

Pretty tough getting many kids from Florida or Texas or California to come for anything but their official visit.