• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Darvish-less (?) Rangers host the Orioles, 7/28-7/30

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a rental?

Absolutely.....If you're trying to win this season and you think you're ace in going to be out for 4-6 weeks, then either push your chips in or else IMO.

You want quality, ya gotta give up some too.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Mike Bacsik yapping today about how the Rangers should trade both Yu and Hamels.

And his rationale was, "this area has never supported the Rangers when they didn't win." Is it just me or is this pure horseshit?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Mike Bacsik yapping today about how the Rangers should trade both Yu and Hamels.

And his rationale was, "this area has never supported the Rangers when they didn't win." Is it just me or is this pure horseshit?

Mike is a fuckstick that says some dumb shit a lot

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike is a fuckstick that says some dumb shit a lot

Agreed. My recollection is our metro area has shown up even when we were terrible. I bet we've supported this franchise better in the bad times than 90% of the other teams. And I don't know why I let that rile me up so much, but it sure as hell did.

Also, this from FanGraphs Jeff Sullivan on who'd be his #1 target for a trade.

1. RHP Yu Darvish, Texas Rangers:
Recent reports have said Darvish isn't available. Other recent reports have said Darvish isavailable. So, you know, who knows? Every single Rangers win or loss makes a difference in these negotiations. Where there isn't much of any uncertainty is where Darvish comes in. He's an ace, and when he's working, he's one of the most unhittable starting pitchers on the planet. That doesn't mean he's immune to moments when he's fighting his own command. Darvish isn't perfect. But he still has that enviable repertoire, and every team loves a power starter who's good for three trips through the order. Darvish has even historically buckled down with runners on base, preventing further runs from coming around. It's easy to understand why the Rangers might want to see Darvish's season through. It's also easy to understand how they could end up convinced to make a trade. This is the one starter out there with the fewest question marks.

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely.....If you're trying to win this season and you think you're ace in going to be out for 4-6 weeks, then either push your chips in or else IMO.

true, but the Dodgers aren't going to give up a top pitching prospect AND a top centerfielder.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB reports Darvish on the block with the Yankees. May be wearing new uni soon.
The best deal for our beloved Rangers is to shop Darvish with a team deep in SP talent. Don't know if that exists but thinking the Dodgers may be deeper than the Yankees. The Yankees don't develop SP talent. They buy it and any pitching prospects they get usually come up as relievers.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we may not. I wouldn't trade if JD doesn't get what he wants. What he's not happy with. I expect a very good pitching prospect coming our way. If not, don't do it.
Yes it has to be a last minute 'the other team' front office with sweaty palms giving us what we want. Kind of like we got took for Hamels. :)

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Price going on the DL, Boston may get into this.
Dodgers are an interesting situation. Kershaw is probably out until right before the playoffs, they have a 12 or so game lead in the division and best MLB record (last I checked). If Hill goes down again for a sore shoulder or blisters then they have to dig into their farm for help. Or just give JD what he wants for Yu. :)

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's still ( early) in the deadline, but if the dodgers don't put up a really good pitching prospect then that is ridiculous.
Probably why the Dodgers are not biting yet. They probably offered Puig. LOL.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LAD are looking at their big 12+ game lead in the division. That can evaporate in August and September. Just ask Terry Francona whose Red Sox went from leading 9 games over the Rays in the WC race to miss the post season in 2011.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LAD are looking at their big 12+ game lead in the division. That can evaporate in August and September. Just ask Terry Francona whose Red Sox went from leading 9 games over the Rays in the WC race to miss the post season in 2011.

Fuck, ask us in 2012.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is nonsense. I have no problem with the idea of trading Hamels, but it has nothing to do with fan support.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is nonsense. I have no problem with the idea of trading Hamels, but it has nothing to do with fan support.
Hope they do. Darvish will not bring back enough alone. The more we sell. the more coming back. Too quite to suit me. Hoping Lucroy and Napoli go as well.