• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dang that hurt!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd go with Fielder: he's younger, LH - works at our park and balances out our RH heavy line-up, probably a bit "cheaper", and neither of those guys are stout defenders, so it's really a wash. The Rangers have to go for it now. We have a great young team, passionate fanbase/local support, new money coming in from the TV deal soon (2015). DFW is a large of enough market to support a $100m payroll anyway. Don't kid yourself MY and his $16m salary are gone in 2 years, which frees up $$ to resign Hamilton, Cruz, and Napoli. Andrus may be expendable because of Profar (but that depends on trades), and Kinsler also may be expendable for the same reason (Profar - see MY the Rangers are not afraid of making players learn new positions).

This is plan for the offseason:

Sign Fielder
Resign CJ (@ $15m/yr) and M. Gonzalez($1m/yr)
Either sign Joe Nathan as a set-up man or trade for J. Shields and let Ogando go back to super set-up man.

Trade for Shields with Profar, Scheppers, Moreland (if Fielder signed), Uehara (salary paid)

TB rotation is stout: (3 studs, 1 above-avg, and 1 serviceable)

Price
Moore
Hellickson
Davis
Niemann

We can pick up another LHP at the trade deadline if necessary but otherwise I say look internally:

Kinsler
MY
Hamilton
Beltre
Fielder
Cruz
Nap
Elvis
Martin/Gentry platoon

OF - Gentry, Murphy
IF - ??
C - Yorvi

Shields
CJ
Holland
Lewis
Harrison (really the #4 but break of the LP)

Feliz
Adams
Ogando
Yosh/Hamburger
Feldman
Gonzo
Kirkman/Perez

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if i read things right the Brewers don't seem to be too bother by Fielder leaving. that makes me think he's not the kind of player you want on this team even with his bat.

What are you reading, bro? MAD magazine. I get it that you like Prince Albert better that is just crazy talk.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing is for certain. No matter what they do. I don't want to ever see Mike Napoli batting 7th or 8th in the lineup again. That is an utter friggin' waste of talent. He should be hitting 4th or 5th. In my opinion, Elvis is an 8th or 9th place hitter. With Fielder in the lineup I might go something like this:

Young
Kinsler
Hamilton
Beltre
Fielder
Napoli
Cruz
Elvis
Martin

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you reading, bro? MAD magazine. I get it that you like Prince Albert better that is just crazy talk.

They know they have NO chance at signing him. Organization is not even going to try. Much different than not wanting him back. The guy has been very, very good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Was just looking at some of the guys in the minor leagues. I'm interested in finding about more about RHP Justin Miller (stout) and also LHP Beau Jones (I think he was the last guy in the ATL trade). He may be a solid LHP option. Looks like Hurley had a rough year. Hurley looks pretty creepy in his pic btw lol.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard that Jones has an upside of 5th outfielder. Don't know anything about Miller and well, Hurley is just running out of time. I do think that Jones has something and if Hurley can ever get and stay healthy he might just be able to do well; however, he isn't overpowering like the guys ahead of him. He needs a change of scenery just to get a legit chance. Neil Ramirez has to be ahead of him and might just claim that #5 starter spot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One thing is for certain. No matter what they do. I don't want to ever see Mike Napoli batting 7th or 8th in the lineup again. That is an utter friggin' waste of talent. He should be hitting 4th or 5th. In my opinion, Elvis is an 8th or 9th place hitter. With Fielder in the lineup I might go something like this:

Young
Kinsler
Hamilton
Beltre
Fielder
Napoli
Cruz
Elvis
Martin

MY in #4 hole was a joke. He should have hit #2 or #7 this past postseason. How many opportunities did the Rangers lose this postseason @ MY's spot? Should have been this way:

Kinsler
MY
Ham
Beltre
Nap/Cruz
Cruz/Nap
Murphy
Andrus
Moreland

Honestly, Elvis #'s may not have looked good, but when he did get on he made things happens. I think MY would have done better at the bottom of the line-up with less pressure (in the postseason). He did have some big hits near the end. I think Andrus bat/speed is more valuable at top than it would be at the bottom IMO. That's just a hunch though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've heard that Jones has an upside of 5th outfielder. Don't know anything about Miller and well, Hurley is just running out of time. I do think that Jones has something and if Hurley can ever get and stay healthy he might just be able to do well; however, he isn't overpowering like the guys ahead of him. He needs a change of scenery just to get a legit chance. Neil Ramirez has to be ahead of him and might just claim that #5 starter spot.

Yea, I'm excited to see how it all plays out. The Rangers had a very strong offseason last year (Beltre/Napoli). I bet they go out and get someone big/resign CJ and then maybe do another under the radar move that pays off big like Nap. One thing is for sure, we need a couple minor leaguers to step up and produce in the bullpen/bench.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Young
Kinsler
Hamilton
Beltre
Fielder
Napoli
Cruz
Elvis
Martin

I like this lineup but I would probably give gentry plenty of chance to play cf too in order to protect Martin. The guy is a heck of a defensive CF and showed some promise towards the end of this year and I absolutely love having his speed on the bases. He can do so much with that.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I love Gentry. Just hoping that Martin can really bust through and be big time. Also, got to believe Borbon will be in the mix. That guy still has outstanding speed and talent.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a heck of a battle to platoon cf between those three in st.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the Rangers really value throwing the ball well. Gentry has the best arm on the team and Martin allegedly can really throw as well. Borbon, well he is fast.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Borbon will probably be traded or spend another year in the minors. If Murphy is traded then Borbon will be on the bench. It's too bad, I thought Julio would lockdown CF for years. Of course it may be wise to hold on to him and E. Beltre just in case Josh Hamilton bolts. I think Cruz is Rangers lifer. He'll be cheaper to resign than Josh.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but the Rangers really value throwing the ball well. Gentry has the best arm on the team and Martin allegedly can really throw as well. Borbon, well he is fast.

True. Borbon has a wet noodle for an arm. I honestly see him as being part of a trade package to get some pitching.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think borbon is gone also......and has for the comment about the payroll pushing 150.....i read an article recently that dfw is the largest single baseball team market(only la.ny and chi. are bigger) and hopefully we wont be ran like a small market team (hicks) and i am all for going "all in " for awhile,,,,the owners can cut back if they want in 6 years after we have won some WS's ;)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think Martin is still a year away

elziegreat42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as much as i would like to see the rangers go and get fielder, i just dont think they will throw around that kind of money in hopes that they can resign key players in the upcoming years.

a less flashy list i would be fine with

1b-cuddyer(who can also play right field in a pinch) or carlos pena who would be a nice left handed bat to balance out all the righties.

sp-try and resign wilson, if they cant resign him, try and make a trade for shields, or (fantasy) king felix or kershaw...

closer-move nefty to the rotation and sign ryan madson to close.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as i would like to see the rangers go and get fielder, i just dont think they will throw around that kind of money in hopes that they can resign key players in the upcoming years.

a less flashy list i would be fine with

1b-cuddyer(who can also play right field in a pinch) or carlos pena who would be a nice left handed bat to balance out all the righties.

sp-try and resign wilson, if they cant resign him, try and make a trade for shields, or (fantasy) king felix or kershaw...

closer-move nefty to the rotation and sign ryan madson to close.

rangers have the money to get fielder and keep everyone i dont know why some think we have to only have a 100 mil or less payroll we have a new broadcast deal around the corner and the deeper you go in the play-offs the more you make ....last year i believe the reports were an extra 40 mil from play-offs and im going to guess we made a little more this year

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I love Gentry. Just hoping that Martin can really bust through and be big time. Also, got to believe Borbon will be in the mix. That guy still has outstanding speed and talent.

And you don't respect my baseball opinions? Read up a bit on what scouts say about Julio Borbon. One of them actually called him a zero tool player. Zero. That is actually hard to be in the big leagues.

1502tuley

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Young
Kinsler
Hamilton
Beltre
Fielder
Napoli
Cruz
Elvis
Martin

That line up would be insane. There's absolutely no letup until the 8th spot, and that guy aint too shabby either.

Last edited by a moderator: