• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cut Ponder

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care if he is Hitlers offspring. He is the only QB in the world -> RIGHT NOW <- that can step in if Teddy goes down. Simply because no one else in the world knows the offense, the players, and the scheme of the Minnesota Vikings.

In a few more weeks, when the Hyphen has some time to absorb it, then maybe. And thats a HUGE maybe. But like it or not, Ponder is very likely to be the number 2 until the end of the year. All the whining and bitching in the world aint gonna change that either...

Problem is...he doesn't know anything at all. He is horrible and you even trying to defend him makes you look like a clown no offense.

He isn't better than Cassel(which is embarrassing as is). Donvoan McNabb could comeback right now and play left handed and be better.

Shit, I could probably play better. He SUCKS. His qbr for most of that first half(when GB was trying) was 8.6. There are kids in adaptive flag football leagues with more talent

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You know, I could make a couple of dozen arguments on just why your opinion is wrong. But theres very little point in it. You wouldnt listen to logic anyways Im guessing.

But I will say this. Ponder had full 1 day of practice with the first team since about the 3rd week of training camp. Im not surprised he played that bad. In fact, Peyton Manning probably would have played that bad. Look at the history of visitors on thursday night games... ALL blow out FOR THE HOME TEAM. Not just the Vikings, but every single one this year at least, Im not gonna go back through past seasons.

But yeah, Ponder blew them games too....

That being said... Reddy for Teddy.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
You know, I could make a couple of dozen arguments on just why your opinion is wrong. But theres very little point in it. You wouldnt listen to logic anyways Im guessing.

But I will say this. Ponder had full 1 day of practice with the first team since about the 3rd week of training camp. Im not surprised he played that bad. In fact, Peyton Manning probably would have played that bad. Look at the history of visitors on thursday night games... ALL blow out FOR THE HOME TEAM. Not just the Vikings, but every single one this year at least, Im not gonna go back through past seasons.

But yeah, Ponder blew them games too....

That being said... Reddy for Teddy.

Who took over for the first team in practice while Teddy watched, on Mon, Tues and Wed.?

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND THAT is why I was against Teddy starting so soon. If that's how our O-line is going to play, then I give Teddy 1 or 2 more starts at most. Then I go back to Ponder. There is NO reason for Teddy to be in there, if the line is going to give him so little protection. I wouldn't risk him developing bad habits, or Happy Feet the way Ponder did.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND THAT is why I was against Teddy starting so soon. If that's how our O-line is going to play, then I give Teddy 1 or 2 more starts at most. Then I go back to Ponder. There is NO reason for Teddy to be in there, if the line is going to give him so little protection. I wouldn't risk him developing bad habits, or Happy Feet the way Ponder did.

As bad as Cassel is, him going down was terrible for this team. Teddy got eaten alive out there. That O-line is pathetic. Zimmer needs to bench Kalil and tell him to earn his damn job back and then continue to earn the right to keep it. He has been playing like crap way too often since his rookie season ended.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey guys, I don't normally chime in on Vikings chatter, because I've really never been a fan. But, this team is very likeable, I think the Zimmer hire is the best hire in a LONG time for MN. And Teddy will be a nice QB, gonna take a little time. Having said that, I as an outside observer thought that bringing Teddy in to start at any point was a mistake. But having said that, people always throw the Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre scenario out there, look what he did after sitting those years. I'd say not even close to the same thing. Teddy is essentially learning on his own, outside of the coaching staff and than maybe Cassel, nobody there is giving him advice. This is not a bad team! I think Teddy will be fine. This team's offense has some weapons, but w/o AP, it's gonna have to be more of a collaborated effort, starting with the OL, which needs some work, IMO. I like the Asiata/McKinnon combo, keeps legs fresh. Also, this team is gonna be a defensive juggernaut for teams toward the end of this season and in the future! All the pieces are there, LB's and DB's + a decent DL, gonna be tough, mark it down!

Not trying to make waves here, just judging by what I see(living in east No Dak, I see plenty of Vikings games).

The NFC North is up for grabs, if they can iron out some wrinkles offensively(which may take some time with Norv's offense), they'll be right in the hunt!

Good Luck the rest of the way!

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys, I don't normally chime in on Vikings chatter, because I've really never been a fan. But, this team is very likeable, I think the Zimmer hire is the best hire in a LONG time for MN. And Teddy will be a nice QB, gonna take a little time. Having said that, I as an outside observer thought that bringing Teddy in to start at any point was a mistake. But having said that, people always throw the Aaron Rodgers/Brett Favre scenario out there, look what he did after sitting those years. I'd say not even close to the same thing. Teddy is essentially learning on his own, outside of the coaching staff and than maybe Cassel, nobody there is giving him advice. This is not a bad team! I think Teddy will be fine. This team's offense has some weapons, but w/o AP, it's gonna have to be more of a collaborated effort, starting with the OL, which needs some work, IMO. I like the Asiata/McKinnon combo, keeps legs fresh. Also, this team is gonna be a defensive juggernaut for teams toward the end of this season and in the future! All the pieces are there, LB's and DB's + a decent DL, gonna be tough, mark it down!

Not trying to make waves here, just judging by what I see(living in east No Dak, I see plenty of Vikings games).

The NFC North is up for grabs, if they can iron out some wrinkles offensively(which may take some time with Norv's offense), they'll be right in the hunt!

Good Luck the rest of the way!

:10:

I have no problems with you pointing things out. I've said all along, that sitting Teddy this season would've been the best case scenario. I've had concerns with the O-line since last year. Zim was a great hire, and I don't think he'll hesitate to take playing time from players that don't deserve it.