• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cut Ponder

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who they have to pull off the street replace him, this clown doesn't deserve to wear a Vikings jersey.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole team sucks tonight...embarrassing:L

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the whole team sucks tonight...embarrassing:L

Regardless, they wouldn't have been slaughtered this badly with Teddy in the game. Ponder is just a flat out joke and makes the whole offense worse.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, as good as that may sound inside your head, having 3 rookie QBs as the only QBs on your roster isnt a smart move if you plan on keeping your job in the NFL...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as good as that may sound inside your head, having 3 rookie QBs as the only QBs on your roster isnt a smart move if you plan on keeping your job in the NFL...

You're still backing Ponder after that performance? The rookies really can't be any worse, but there's a chance they'd be better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I never have "backed Ponder". Poder is better than Cassel. And Freeman. And Webb. And McNabb.

Thats as far as I have ever "backed Ponder". But he is still a bettter choice at number 2 than a rookie they brought in a few days ago. Jesus Christ...

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My father says he's literally unhireable at this point and all we can do is cut him. My father has never said that about any player in any sport as long as I've known him!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont care if he is Hitlers offspring. He is the only QB in the world -> RIGHT NOW <- that can step in if Teddy goes down. Simply because no one else in the world knows the offense, the players, and the scheme of the Minnesota Vikings.

In a few more weeks, when the Hyphen has some time to absorb it, then maybe. And thats a HUGE maybe. But like it or not, Ponder is very likely to be the number 2 until the end of the year. All the whining and bitching in the world aint gonna change that either...

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never have "backed Ponder". Poder is better than Cassel. And Freeman. And Webb. And McNabb.

Thats as far as I have ever "backed Ponder". But he is still a bettter choice at number 2 than a rookie they brought in a few days ago. Jesus Christ...

If they had even a 25% chance of beating most teams in the league with Ponder at QB and no AP in the backfield, I might agree with you. The whole concept of a backup QB is that there might be at least a slim chance at winning games even without your starter. Ponder has demonstrated numerous times now that he provides us with very little chance to win games thanks to his own doing, or even due to a lack of mistakes.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Like I said...

Like it or not, Ponder is very likely to be the number 2 until the end of the year. All the whining and bitching in the world aint gonna change that either...

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Dad says we won't cut him til the end of the season. He thinks the second our last game is over, Ponder is going to be called to the head office for a little chat.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I dont care if he is Hitlers offspring. He is the only QB in the world -> RIGHT NOW <- that can step in if Teddy goes down. Simply because no one else in the world knows the offense, the players, and the scheme of the Minnesota Vikings.

In a few more weeks, when the Hyphen has some time to absorb it, then maybe. And thats a HUGE maybe. But like it or not, Ponder is very likely to be the number 2 until the end of the year. All the whining and bitching in the world aint gonna change that either...

Sad, but true...
If it were possible, I would rather see Cassel with a broken foot than ever see Ponder trot back out.
At least we'd have a chance to see a good game once in awhile.

Well, hopefully once Touchdown Teddy comes back, it's for good..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
You make it down to Target Field this season PC?

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said...

Like it or not, Ponder is very likely to be the number 2 until the end of the year. All the whining and bitching in the world aint gonna change that either...

I understand that, I am simply voicing my opinion that they'd be better off with many other backup options than Ponder, regardless of his "veteran" status on the team. A great portion of the fan base would agree with me in that they'd prefer to see them trot just about anyone other than Ponder out there at this point. To me, now with Cassel out of the picture, they need to look for the best possible free agent, or whoever they feel is the best available backup at this point, and bring them in. I'd rather see Josh Freeman return than another game of Ponder. Give the backup a couple weeks with the team so they aren't completely getting tossed into the fire with 0 experience on the team, and at that point, they could already very well be a better option than Ponder. And I get that you're right that they will probably hang onto Ponder until the end of the season, I'm just explaining why that is stupid and unnecessary. His "veteran experience" adds nothing to the team when he sucks that badly. If anything, he is a great example for Teddy of what he *shouldn't* be doing.