• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Culpepper getting a one year deal according to sources

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was such a huge Culpepper fan back in the day, was my favorite QB.

Thing is though, a 260-lb physical freak at QB - great. But a 260-lb guy with a horrible knee or two - uh oh.

But whatever, certainly prefer to see him in there over Masoli, even having not seen either guy play in a few years.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He's being brought in as that 3rd stringer vet QB that we were going to eventually bring in at some point during training camp so it's really no big deal one way or another.

If we're down to our 3rd string QB than the season is hosed anyways so it really doesn't matter what vet throw back there.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the numbers will be, gotta think not very high at all. Just because we are signing him doesnt mean he will be on the team come week 1. There can always be another guy cut before the season starts that they may like more than culpepper. Just have to let it play out for now.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder what the numbers will be, gotta think not very high at all. Just because we are signing him doesnt mean he will be on the team come week 1. There can always be another guy cut before the season starts that they may like more than culpepper. Just have to let it play out for now.

Can't imagine he would get much more then the vet minimum.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Near the vet minimum, but I bet he'll get some performance incentives put in just in the case that he takes over as the starter.

There's a good chance actually that he'll see the field at some point as the starter. Alex could get hurt, Alex could play badly, and if he does either of these two things chances are Culpepper gets put in there.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this move. I know he wont be the starter but he could be a good mentor to Kap. In his prime Culpepper had simiar abilities as he was a duel threat qb with a big arm. He could show Kap a few trick of the trade and go over film so Kap can see when to throw and when to run. Hes a much better mentor than Alex. He also knows the WCO.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's more...bring him in camp just in case but hope for someone else to get cut loose. I'd say it's almost 50/50 Culpepper's not even on the regular season roster...

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he is still representing himself, yeah, I'm sure he'll settle for just a little more than vet minimum and possible incentives.

jaypok626

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know I may take some slack for this, but, to be honest, I would rather they kept Troy Smith than added Culpepper.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I may take some slack for this, but, to be honest, I would rather they kept Troy Smith than added Culpepper.

This reminds me of the Troy Smith highlight film from last year.

[YOUTUBE]MCxg5v72-TE[/YOUTUBE]

I can just picture Troy running around afterwards screaming, "Holy Shit!! I'm a miracle"

dasharpest1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
us 9er fans had been spoiled so long with great qb's. it a shame watching this poor play these last few years. i hope harbaugh can turn it around. i give it 2 more years atleast, until we see good play @ qb again. hoping 4 sooner

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From La Canfora on twitter:

Daunte Culpepper does not have a deal with 49ers, and nothing expected right away. It's still possible but unlikely this week

3 minutes ago

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
From La Canfora on twitter:

Daunte Culpepper does not have a deal with 49ers, and nothing expected right away. It's still possible but unlikely this week

3 minutes ago

What is the hold up? We need a 3rd QB and it's better if it was a vet.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What is the hold up? We need a 3rd QB and it's better if it was a vet.

agree.

although we don't HAVE to have a vet for 3rd QB, i prefer one too. we ALL should've known this 3rd QB wouldn't be named "Rivers", "Manning", or "Rodgers"? so IF we sign him, don't act so shocked.

its really just to fill the possibility Smith gets hurt EARLY or is injured EARLY. obviously, Culpepper isn't our "QB of the future", he's just the 3rd QB.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This potential move has more controversy surrounding it than the women refs in the NFL idea.

I'm too lazy to see if there's a better 3rd string vet QB out there, but if both Smith and Kaep go down, we're expecting a QB with a hitch in his gap and who runs like a wounded duck take over the reigns? His TD to INT ratio is similar to Alex Smith, with the exception that those stats were from the UFL?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This potential move has more controversy surrounding it than the women refs in the NFL idea.

I'm too lazy to see if there's a better 3rd string vet QB out there, but if both Smith and Kaep go down, we're expecting a QB with a hitch in his gap and who runs like a wounded duck take over the reigns? His TD to INT ratio is similar to Alex Smith, with the exception that those stats were from the UFL?

don't waste your time looking, if there was one Harbaugh liked, he'd be practicing already. when cuts start happening, they'll still keep an eye out.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I believe Pittsburgh will be releasing either Dixon or Batch, some on here have mentioned they believe it will be Dixon. I think Batch would be a better fit, but I would take Dixon if he landed on our doorstep.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Pittsburgh will be releasing either Dixon or Batch, some on here have mentioned they believe it will be Dixon. I think Batch would be a better fit, but I would take Dixon if he landed on our doorstep.

Dixon as in the same Dixon who played for Oregon and is from San Leandro? Yeah I'm with you on that one M Dubb.