• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Culpepper getting a one year deal according to sources

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Right on man. He presents somewhat of a duel threat and would be interesting for Harbs to bring this kid back home.

You're absolutely right, Brother, and I think he is only 26(7).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why so much hate for bringing in Culpepper?

We need a 3rd QB who's also a vet. Can you name some other vet QBs on the street right now you'd rather have? Don't say Garcia he's practically 50 years old.

Daunte still has a cannon arm, and he's not afraid to take shots down the field.

What if Alex or Kap gets seriously injured like a dislocated shoulder or something like that? I'd be happy if Culpepper was on the roster in that case.

To be honest, I think Culpepper might have the same upside as Donovan McNabb at this point in both of their careers and they are also about the same age.
Agreed. BTW, Culpepper is a year younger than McNabb.

Sisyphus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hope this Culpepper idea dies a quick death. At this point I think you are going to have to stick with Smith and see how things progress through the pre-season. I think the worst thing you can do to this Smith is have a quick hook with him. For better or worse, it looks like he will be the guy they start out with so better get on board.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I hope this Culpepper idea dies a quick death. At this point I think you are going to have to stick with Smith and see how things progress through the pre-season. I think the worst thing you can do to this Smith is have a quick hook with him. For better or worse, it looks like he will be the guy they start out with so better get on board.

Adding Culpepper is not about having a quick hook for Alex, it's about adding depth.

I think they expanded the game day roster from 53 to 54 so teams because they gave teams the ability to carry 3 QBs on game day, and you have to use that last slot on a 3rd QB.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adding Culpepper is not about having a quick hook for Alex, it's about adding depth.

I think they expanded the game day roster from 53 to 54 so teams because they gave teams the ability to carry 3 QBs on game day, and you have to use that last slot on a 3rd QB.

Precisely! Although I would not be surprised to read in the papers that Culpepper is challenging for the #1 spot; our talent at QB is not exactly stratospheric.