• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs. Patriots

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the NFL Come out and say it, or did someone report they said. If you don't know the difference you are dumber than I thought.

Look it was tripping have a nice weekend.
You think it was tripping, no one else does. Oh yeah you have the guy who was called out by his own boss as being wrong on your side too.

Now take your ball and run away from your stupid comments.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The calls in this game for the Pats remind me why I have lost a lot of interest in watching the NFL. Every year the Pats get crucial calls there way. I put the game on right before the mystery penalty and then switched the channel. I knew the Cowboys had no chance. The NFL owns up to mistakes but it's always too late. It's way too predictable.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL wants to tell the cowboys that the officials screwed up during the game they will do that in an official statement, as they have done in the past.

Some of you Cowboy fans are really looking pretty fucken sad with all your crying right about now.

By the way, spare me your insults. That's a game you're ill equipped to play.

Well they damn sure are not coming out in support of? If the league made such a statement don't you think it would come directly from them?

You can't be this stupid. Oh wait yes you are!!!
It's pretty clear who the two idiots are here. It never fails how some people can never see past a uniform color and/or admit when they were wrong. If you think those were both good calls you are lying or an idiot and no one needs the NFL to come out and say it to know it's the case.

Oh, and every Cowboy fan here said over and over that it wasn't the reason they lost the game so stop being little drama queens...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your lack of comprehension is mind boggling.
Go read and try to understand the rule book dummy.
Go watch ice dancing its more your style since you want refs making calls like that....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear who the two idiots are here. It never fails how some people can never see past a uniform color and/or admit when they were wrong. If you think those were both good calls you are lying or an idiot and no one needs the NFL to come out and say it to know it's the case.

Oh, and every Cowboy fan here said over and over that it wasn't the reason they lost the game so stop being little drama queens...
No one said they were good calls. I said they were tripping calls, in face early this week I said they were ticky tack but at game speed it sure looked like the intent was to trip.

Almost everyone here replies in Slow Mo, Hi Def, Instant Replay speed, and the refs make calls at game speed in seconds. To the refs on the field at game speed it was tripping, ticky tack maybe but not wrong for that situation. It's the whole "Well you don't make that call in the playoffs syndrome". If the refs on the field think its a penalty they have to make the call. You, posters here, color commentary guys, news media have all the tools in the world at their disposal to to review it then bastardize the refs.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this is really dumb.

O linemen shuffle their feet in fact it's one of the things they look at real close at the combine. Never saw a drill where they ask the linemen to raise their leg and directionally point it. Maybe the drill exists, at least in Dallas.
How is it dumb? You already said OLmen need to keep both feet on the ground to maintain balance.

Maybe you should quote your own bullshit and call it "Really Dumb" since it is in fact Really Dumb.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. If an OL bracing himself and creating leverage is going to be considered tripping, then there is tripping on literally EVERY snap.

Looks like people in the thread have moved on, that doesn't mean the call wasn't pure bullshit. I find it funny that you would sit here and defend the calls when even the fucking NFL says they were wrong...and they NEVER admit mistakes. :pound:

The NFL themseleves haven't said it, some one was quoted....

And they were trips that the astute BB told the refs to watch out for.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "extension" is moving the leg as they are getting burnt by the defender and they are trying to shift to block. Just what I see. Obviously you are more stable on two legs
Linemen use a slide step, they don't lift their foot 6+ inches off the ground to shift.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linemen use a slide step, they don't lift their foot 6+ inches off the ground to shift.

They usually don't. I'm seeing it differently than you are and that's fine

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They usually don't. I'm seeing it differently than you are and that's fine
We can disagree whether it was a trip or not by the way the rule is written.

However, not sure any linemen any time lifts his leg that far off the ground while in contact with another player. Sure an occassional OT may make a jump step to meet a passer rusher taking a wide angle but not when already engaged.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The calls in this game for the Pats remind me why I have lost a lot of interest in watching the NFL. Every year the Pats get crucial calls there way. I put the game on right before the mystery penalty and then switched the channel. I knew the Cowboys had no chance. The NFL owns up to mistakes but it's always too late. It's way too predictable.

I suggest you join in on the "Barbie Playcars Racing" thread.

You have lost interest in the NFL because the Dolphins.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one said they were good calls. I said they were tripping calls, in face early this week I said they were ticky tack but at game speed it sure looked like the intent was to trip.

Almost everyone here replies in Slow Mo, Hi Def, Instant Replay speed, and the refs make calls at game speed in seconds. To the refs on the field at game speed it was tripping, ticky tack maybe but not wrong for that situation. It's the whole "Well you don't make that call in the playoffs syndrome". If the refs on the field think its a penalty they have to make the call. You, posters here, color commentary guys, news media have all the tools in the world at their disposal to to review it then bastardize the refs.

You nailed it @YankeeRebel . They were close calls, ticky-tack, yes but did the 1st call caused the refs to be looking for this, or were the ref's already looking for trips because of something?
Nobody on here doubts that the refs could make a lot more holding calls if they were looking for them.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're on to Houston.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And after you have watched the slo mo, hi def views you still are saying they were trying to trip the DL.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suggest you join in on the "Barbie Playcars Racing" thread.

You have lost interest in the NFL because the Dolphins.....

You are a coward. Insulting a stranger on a chat board tough guy??

I actually lived in New England. After spygate I lost interest in the Pats. They are the worst cheaters in the history of the NFL.