• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs. Patriots

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure he did....he is the greatest coach ever on an NFL sideline.
Bill leaves no stone unturned...like the punt block, Slater came through the gap of a player who had been out all week with the flu.

A lot of people don't know Matthew Slater is son of Jackie Slater ( 19 seasons with Rams)?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well they have to fix the refs that look at the instant replay before we start penalizing teams. its already bad enough they simply protect the refs on the field. Could you imagine penalizing a team because instant replay doesnt want to hurt the ref on the fields feelings. That would be a double whammy.
The CFL allows the ref to see it and change his mind instead of head office. I think that helps the matter but true if they won't change anything then it doesn't matter. They also only allow 1 or 2 challenges a game no matter the result so coaches tend to hang onto them so we're not all waiting around. I'd only add you have one minute if you can't change the call it stands. No ten minute BS. NHL they give you a penalty which can be harsh but it keeps teams from just doing it for the sake of. I'm not sure if that would work in football though.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you're imagining that then, because I don't see where he said your imagining anything.
He said that both of those calls were tripping earlier on pure delusion on his part which is normal for him.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep....Jerry nailed it.

no better example than the last Pats kick off, in the wind and our rookie returner is standing at the goal line....as Aikman said during the broadcast, "that's bad coaching"

I thought the consternation on the Dallas sideline when BB put nobody back to field a punt was comical.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CFL allows the ref to see it and change his mind instead of head office. I think that helps the matter but true if they won't change anything then it doesn't matter. They also only allow 1 or 2 challenges a game no matter the result so coaches tend to hang onto them so we're not all waiting around. I'd only add you have one minute if you can't change the call it stands. No ten minute BS. NHL they give you a penalty which can be harsh but it keeps teams from just doing it for the sake of. I'm not sure if that would work in football though.

I don't know what "head office" is looking at but whatever the game ref is looking at is woefully inadequate.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said that both of those calls were tripping earlier on pure delusion on his part which is normal for him.

They were. You move your leg into somebody's path and they trip over it, it ain't their tangle feet.

I'd be willing to give Smith a pass as he was alone I think.

But Frederick?? He knew what he was doing and had help. Looked clear enough to me.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where NW insists they were legit tripping calls. Now Rex he's all in on them being legit calls. You might have your Pat's fans mixed up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were. You move your leg into somebody's path and they trip over it, it ain't their tangle feet.

I'd be willing to give Smith a pass as he was alone I think.

But Frederick?? He knew what he was doing and had help. Looked clear enough to me.
Called very rarely and I mean very rarely. Normally you'll see a player actually extend his leg to catch a guy a yard away this looked more like one player running into another with one falling down from normal contact. If you want to start calling that crap we may as well start watching ice dancing.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see where NW insists they were legit tripping calls. Now Rex he's all in on them being legit calls. You might have your Pat's fans mixed up.
Was a while back...this idiot would be arguing against the trip if it were on the patsies that's just who he is.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called very rarely and I mean very rarely. Normally you'll see a player actually extend his leg to catch a guy a yard away this looked more like one player running into another with one falling down from normal contact. If you want to start calling that crap we may as well start watching ice dancing.

I honestly now believe it's something BB picked up watching tape.

Tendencies.

Curiosity peaked....

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last tripping call I saw was a blocker who was beat flat on his back intentionally tripping. A guy hopping over him. Calls were bogus.

That being said Dallas did not deserve to win with HC ignoring percentageswiththe FGs , letting players set up to field balls at goal line and sending out a QB without gloves. Pats were gifted

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be glad the tripping calls didn't go against the Saints or we would get new tripping review challenge options and some dipshit hillbilly would sue the NFL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a while back...this idiot would be arguing against the trip if it were on the patsies that's just who he is.
Your lack of comprehension is mind boggling.
Go read and try to understand the rule book dummy.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last tripping call I saw was a blocker who was beat flat on his back intentionally tripping. A guy hopping over him. Calls were bogus.

That being said Dallas did not deserve to win with HC ignoring percentageswiththe FGs , letting players set up to field balls at goal line and sending out a QB without gloves. Pats were gifted

This is pure BB exploiting the rules the way they are written. Goes back to Spygate. Yet there his interpration got him in trouble.
In this case BB saw OL using their legs to impede a rusher which by the way the rule is written is an infraction. So he told the officials to watch for it.
As for those saying teams should be able to challenge everything I agree. BB is also a proponent of that. He also chaired the movement for more cameras. No one knows the rules like BB does.
BB playing chess while knuckleheads like the Dolphin organization play tiddly winks

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL....I don't think Dallas woulda won but I sure woulda liked to see 1st down near midfield with over 2 min. to play.

The rest of your post is homer bull shit....carry on
Your reaction is homer bullshit. You see both players extend their leg it happened move on

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reaction is homer bullshit. You see both players extend their leg it happened move on
LOL. If an OL bracing himself and creating leverage is going to be considered tripping, then there is tripping on literally EVERY snap.

Looks like people in the thread have moved on, that doesn't mean the call wasn't pure bullshit. I find it funny that you would sit here and defend the calls when even the fucking NFL says they were wrong...and they NEVER admit mistakes. :pound:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just be glad the tripping calls didn't go against the Saints or we would get new tripping review challenge options and some dipshit hillbilly would sue the NFL.

I'm sure they'll get involved at some point this season

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see the extension but to me that's the same "extension" ever lineman does. Should it be called everytime?

That's why calls are so bad. One refs interpretation of something is completely different of another ones in the same crew