• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Cowboys vs. Patriots

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the extension but to me that's the same "extension" ever lineman does. Should it be called everytime?

That's why calls are so bad. One refs interpretation of something is completely different of another ones in the same crew

Every team should have a team of lawyers on the sideline so that they can more effectively argue each disputed call.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team should have a team of lawyers on the sideline so that they can more effectively argue each disputed call.

The calls still would be "upheld"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said Dallas did not deserve to win with HC ignoring percentageswiththe FGs , letting players set up to field balls at goal line and sending out a QB without gloves. Pats were gifted

Let's be honest. The last time that a Dallas team played in the rain was 2017. The last time Dallas played in the in temps below 50 degrees was like 2011. Not only that, the wind Sunday was gusting upwards of 48 mph. That wind in 50 degree temps drops the chill factor to roughly 32 degrees. For a team that plays and practices in a 72 degree dome, it's nearly unplayable. Add to that a coach who doesn't have much experience in weather and it's a mix for disaster. Plus, add to that the number defense in the NFL that Belichick forces to practice outside in every type of weather and the Cowboys were at a severe disadvantage.

The Cowboys were not ready for the weather and Dak wasn't ready for the Patriot's defense. Yet they only lost by four points. I don't think that there's really that much to complain about for Cowboy fans. Might want suggest to Jerry that they go outside the dome and practice in some rain.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The calls still would be "upheld"

Yeah, true. When the commissioner is an idiot, non-lawyer like Goodell, that's what we should expect. Most sports commissioners are lawyers, if I'm not mistaken.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. If an OL bracing himself and creating leverage is going to be considered tripping, then there is tripping on literally EVERY snap.

Looks like people in the thread have moved on, that doesn't mean the call wasn't pure bullshit. I find it funny that you would sit here and defend the calls when even the fucking NFL says they were wrong...and they NEVER admit mistakes. :pound:
Both men intentionally raised their legs when they were beaten, they didn't brace for anything. Did you even watch the game? Both guy's did the same exact thing that's coached in Dallas, period.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the extension but to me that's the same "extension" ever lineman does. Should it be called everytime?

That's why calls are so bad. One refs interpretation of something is completely different of another ones in the same crew
Yeah I damn sure don't see that every time. Why would a linemen intentionally give up leverage it makes no sense.

Are you more stable on one leg or two?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I damn sure don't see that every time. Why would a linemen intentionally give up leverage it makes no sense.

The "extension" is moving the leg as they are getting burnt by the defender and they are trying to shift to block. Just what I see. Obviously you are more stable on two legs

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the league must have issued a memo to the officials prior to last weeks games telling them to look for "tripping". Because it is a very rarely made call and I saw the refs call it 4 times in last weeks games. 2 against Dallas, 1 against Seattle, and I can't remember the other one, but even when I watched those games live I was saying to the wife how odd those calls were. Plus, I didn't think any of them were blatant or the player did them on purpose. They all looked like incidental plays where a guy just happened to trip over another guys feet. It happens all the time. Hell, with receivers and corners it is very common and we always hear the announcers saying "it's not a penalty, their feet just got tangled". Tangled? Tripping? What's the difference? I really think the league just happened to choose "tripping" as their call to focus on last week and that's why we saw so much of it being called.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't you have to move your feet to maintain stability as the D player is moving?
What are linemen supposed to do? Wear concrete cleats. Look at those tripping calls, their legs were moving in the direction if their bodies momentum.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you have to move your feet to maintain stability as the D player is moving?
What are linemen supposed to do? Wear concrete cleats. Look at those tripping calls, their legs were moving in the direction if their bodies momentum.
Wow this is really dumb.

O linemen shuffle their feet in fact it's one of the things they look at real close at the combine. Never saw a drill where they ask the linemen to raise their leg and directionally point it. Maybe the drill exists, at least in Dallas.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just gonna let this go, this is one of those conversations that will go nowhere. Games over as is my end of the debate.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both men intentionally raised their legs when they were beaten, they didn't brace for anything. Did you even watch the game? Both guy's did the same exact thing that's coached in Dallas, period.

No they didn't, and you are the only person that thinks those calls were made incorrectly.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just gonna let this go, this is one of those conversations that will go nowhere. Games over as is my end of the debate.

So you have @YankeeRebel saying the calls were correct, and literally every other person including the NFL saying they were wrong.

derp

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have @YankeeRebel saying the calls were correct, and literally every other person including the NFL saying they were wrong.

derp
There is no proof the NFL said they were incorrect. Only the infamous unnamed source.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no proof the NFL said they were incorrect. Only the infamous unnamed source.

Which no one but you dispute is legit. Even your local web publications are reporting that it was said.

But not you, and only not you.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which no one but you dispute is legit. Even your local web publications are reporting that it was said.

But not you, and only not you.
Pffft no reporting it here.

Drop it Francine.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3