• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cowboys targeting Scott Linehan to be offensive play caller?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also threw it 50 plus times more as well. There defense actually got off the field . I vote let Romo do whatever he wants and call the plays himself

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone other than Garrett would be fine with me. Linehan had Calvin Johnson and not much else as far as receivers go. I predict that Jerrah goes offense in rounds 1 to 3 to try and prove he is a smarter than everyone else. The best talent in this draft is on offense. Donald. And Jernigan look like the only fits for. kiffen. I really think that smaller and faster DT would actually match up with todays offenses. The true value in this draft is receivers,OL and corners. The Cowboys could use a smaller and fast slot receiver. Marquise Lee and Tevin Reese have major speed and are deep threats. Reese drops passes and has some ball security issues though.

It's post like this that make me sooo fucking happy post on here aren't deleted.

The three stooges. You scottsman and bjj or Curly Mo and Larry of Cowboys sports forums

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find it ironic that some of the speculation about bringing Linehan here also says that Callahan would be the "running game coordinator"? So he is going to be the one fighting for the RBs to get more carries?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else find it ironic that some of the speculation about bringing Linehan here also says that Callahan would be the "running game coordinator"? So he is going to be the one fighting for the RBs to get more carries?

I read where Callahan isn't happy with the idea of bringing in Linehan. Speculation is if we bring him in that Callahan will find himself with the browns.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linehan has been hired....

Not speculation anymore

and we also aren't letting Callahan out of his contract...... Both of what I just posted are on the Cowboys website

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Linehan is a Garrett guy. Callahan is a Jaerrah guy. I can only assume that Kiffin and Marinelli are Jerrahs. LOL. Its almost like Jerrah wants a couple of coaches to quit. Just seems idiotic to me

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, do you know Detroit ran the ball 100 times more than us last year?

Have you looked at Detroits 2012 rushing numbers? No team ran a lower percentage of run plays than Linehan. 15,000 yards passing the last three seasons though.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not speculation anymore

and we also aren't letting Callahan out of his contract...... Both of what I just posted are on the Cowboys website
yeah I just now read that.
Great we have an "annoyed" OC that is being held hostage here. How is that helpful?

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I just now read that.
Great we have an "annoyed" OC that is being held hostage here. How is that helpful?

He wasnt hired to be an OC

He was hired to be an O-line coach. He can do his job.... and if he doesnt... Not like there is a big waiting list for his services OTHER THAN as an O-line coach.

blue jersey jinx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read where Callahan isn't happy with the idea of bringing in Linehan. Speculation is if we bring him in that Callahan will find himself with the browns.

More evidence that we are so dysfunctional in the front office and coaching dept.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you looked at Detroits 2012 rushing numbers? No team ran a lower percentage of run plays than Linehan. 15,000 yards passing the last three seasons though.

First off, Detroit won 4 games in 2012, so they were normally behind and also had no decent RBs. But, in 2012 both Dallas and Detroit ran the ball 35% of the time. In 2013 Det ran the ball 41% of the time; Dallas only increased to 36% in 2013. Nowhere am I saying Linehan likes to run, only that this could not possibly lead to LESS runs because we are already at the floor and whomever calls plays in 2014 will know he must run the ball more.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not speculation anymore

Interesting, I hadn't heard. I was thinking it was more speculation than anything. Not sure what to feel about this, but at least there is some attempt to make a change I guess. Also, I like that Callahan is still here to coach the OL. Looks like we have the best OL and DL coaches in the league IMO...now if we could only work on the rest of the coaches...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting, I hadn't heard. I was thinking it was more speculation than anything. Not sure what to feel about this, but at least there is some attempt to make a change I guess. Also, I like that Callahan is still here to coach the OL. Looks like we have the best OL and DL coaches in the league IMO...now if we could only work on the rest of the coaches...

pretty much a Garrett hire. Garrett has a coaching bond with this guy and the struggle to get this hire was pure power maneuvers that were required after last off season's changes orgastated by jerry. I'm not sure this hire makes whole sale changes since both coaches throw the football at a high rate, but no question we could use the help with 3rd down conversion rate where the Lions were very good while dallas brought up the league rear

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's post like this that make me sooo fucking happy post on here aren't deleted.

The three stooges. You scottsman and bjj or Curly Mo and Larry of Cowboys sports forums

i think we go defense, defense and defense. we're reasonably solid on offense but the defense especially at DL & Safety stinks. i think Ealy at 17, Donald at 47 and BADP in the 3rd

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly some of my posts are not directed at anyone in particular. There are far to many Jerrah enablers out thre and the Cowboys need to know that a majority of the fan base see an inferior product on the field every Sunday. The fans are not happy. If you want to talk about stooges look no further than he Cowboys war room on draft day. It is. Very obvious that the defense needs to be priority number one on draft day. If we could get donald and a good fs I would be happy. Caraun Reid also could help the DL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite possibly some of my posts are not directed at anyone in particular. There are far to many Jerrah enablers out thre

Far too many Jerry enablers? Name one on this board that thinks Jerry is doing a good job, or makes excuses for Jerry. I honestly can't think of one.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far too many Jerry enablers? Name one on this board that thinks Jerry is doing a good job, or makes excuses for Jerry. I honestly can't think of one.

I am the only person I know who even remotely defends Jerry on occasion. I usually just defend his time in the 90's ..that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am the only person I know who even remotely defends Jerry on occasion. I usually just defend his time in the 90's ..that's it.

OK, so you are one. I still don't buy his "far too many" comment.

Most Cowboy fans know that Jerry is a big worthless problem, but one we must overcome because it isn't going away.