• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could we make the Super Bowl next year?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can bring up the Walker trade. Give Jimmy credit for drafting some great players with the pickas we got. The Rams got a bunch of picks for Dickerson and did not get the same results

Luck always plays a big part as well. It's well documented that Jimmy coveted James Francis from Baylor and only took Emmitt when Francis came off the board. Those 3 Super Bowls we won would have quickly became 0 if #22 didn't land in Dallas

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE=UK Cowboy;4598486]Luck always plays a big part as well. It's well documented that Jimmy coveted James Francis from Baylor and only took Emmitt when Francis came off the board. Those 3 Super Bowls we won would have quickly became 0 if #22 didn't land in Dallas[/QUOTE]

Emmit was great but Rosie O'Donnell would have success running the ball with that HOF line.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE=UK Cowboy;4598486]Luck always plays a big part as well. It's well documented that Jimmy coveted James Francis from Baylor and only took Emmitt when Francis came off the board. Those 3 Super Bowls we won would have quickly became 0 if #22 didn't land in Dallas

Emmit was great but Rosie O'Donnell would have success running the ball with that HOF line.[/QUOTE]

really the greatest running back in history compared to rosie? Dumbest post you have ever made

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmit was great but Rosie O'Donnell would have success running the ball with that HOF line.

really the greatest running back in history compared to rosie? Dumbest post you have ever made[/QUOTE]

Feel free to believe that was my point.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck always plays a big part as well. It's well documented that Jimmy coveted James Francis from Baylor and only took Emmitt when Francis came off the board. Those 3 Super Bowls we won would have quickly became 0 if #22 didn't land in Dallas

not to nitpick but none of those guys but Larry are in the HOF

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no kidding colors. Funny, that shoulda told itself the two games emmitt held out for a new contract to start the season. It's a crime to all that Emmitt was as a football player.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The point is ..I don't agree that without Smith we don't win any of those 3 SB.

Emmitt's greatness has alot to do with his longevity.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether the Emmitt bashing is trolling or not, it's been played out for a while. People need to get over the fact that he was a stud despite not being the fanciest back to play the game. Jerry Rice wasn't the most physically impressive WR either, but like Emmitt, it didn't matter. There's more to these guys than 40 times and fancy moves. I'm not sure why some people struggle with that.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Couldnt be more wrong

Simply look at the 90s team when he held out

any back could run behind that line? NOT

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no kidding colors. Funny, that shoulda told itself the two games emmitt held out for a new contract to start the season. It's a crime to all that Emmitt was as a football player.

Post like this make me glad Im not the only one that lived through and actually watched the 90s team

Smith didnt have to destroy a team .... but the threat of him doing it ....... made a difference in how teams planned .... it was a pick your poison

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I respectfully Disagree

Emmitt was not the fastest, biggest , most elusive, he was simply Emmitt.

But he does hold the record for all time rushing yards that might never be broken. He might not have been the best to ever play the game but he damn sure is in the conversation.

To say you could just drop back X in and the cowboys win those SB is naïve with all due respect. Those lines were made up of hardnosed football players some just lunch-pail guys that played hard and did their job. Some still seem to think they were Super-linemen and with the exception of Allen that's not who those guys were. With all respect to those guys they had to give Emmitt a peak at daylight and he was through.

JMHO

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I respectfully Disagree

Emmitt was not the fastest, biggest , most elusive, he was simply Emmitt.

But he does hold the record for all time rushing yards that might never be broken. He might not have been the best to ever play the game but he damn sure is in the conversation.

To say you could just drop back X in and the cowboys win those SB is naïve with all due respect. Those lines were made up of hardnosed football players some just lunch-pail guys that played hard and did their job. Some still seem to think they were Super-linemen and with the exception of Allen that's not who those guys were. With all respect to those guys they had to give Emmitt a peak at daylight and he was through.

JMHO

Not back X but a very good back could possibly produce his ypa which was on the low side. relatively

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not back X but a very good back could possibly produce his ypa which was on the low side. relatively

no it wasnt

If you watched that team ...... they had the lead in so many games and ran Smith .... when everyone knew he was coming .... to kill the clock

take those kill the clock moments out ...... Best I ever saw with a football in his hands

More heart and not one ounce of give up in him

Take it as you want He was something special

Last edited by a moderator:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and while we are talking about Smith .....

and someone saying ANYONE coulda .....

how many of yall remember him with the dislocated shoulder .... Every play .... taking us down the field to beat the Giants?

They dont make motherfuckers like that every day

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Emmitt as much as anyone else. Was easily one of our greatest players ever and we've had a lot. Can't prove it either way, but I think we would have won a SB with another very good (not all time great) back. That isn't a shot at Emmitt at all and we wouldn't have been nearly as good as we were with him because he is one of the best RBs ever, but we were so much better than the rest of the league that we could have a drop off and still win at least one SB even if not in a dominating manner.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Emmitt as much as anyone else. Was easily one of our greatest players ever and we've had a lot. Can't prove it either way, but I think we would have won a SB with another very good (not all time great) back. That isn't a shot at Emmitt at all and we wouldn't have been nearly as good as we were with him because he is one of the best RBs ever, but we were so much better than the rest of the league that we could have a drop off and still win at least one SB even if not in a dominating manner.

WRONG and disagree

San Fran was right there with us ...... all the way

and Green Bay with Reggie wasn't but a step behind

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offseason conversations like this are so funny. I value the decisions made by each football player at the time made and never consider plug and play because of the people around him. I imagine this can be done on any championship team to a degree. I've seen it for years on chat boards with regards to Aikman. It's rare to see it applied to Smith.

funny

come on football season

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offseason conversations like this are so funny. I value the decisions made by each football player at the time made and never consider plug and play because of the people around him. I imagine this can be done on any championship team to a degree. I've seen it for years on chat boards with regards to Aikman. It's rare to see it applied to Smith.

funny

come on football season

Only time I ever seen it before was from Detroit fans ...... This is a first for me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and while we are talking about Smith .....

and someone saying ANYONE coulda .....

how many of yall remember him with the dislocated shoulder .... Every play .... taking us down the field to beat the Giants?

They dont make motherfuckers like that every day

Exactly. The OL was great, but their level of play was elevated by having the greatest RB ever, a HOF QB and WR, a great pass catching TE and a great blocking and outlet FB, and big play deep threat WR. There was literally no way to defend every level against that team, but it all started with Smith and his great vision and quickness. Emmitt must have had all time great OL's in HS and College as well lol. I remember going 0-2 without him, and then becoming unbeatable with him. I also remember our OL giving up 12 sacks and getting manhandled by Philadelphia like they were Kilgore College taking on Alabama. Larry Allen was a HOF and all time great, Erik Williams could have been, and everyone else on the line was just a good, solid role player

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

funny

come on football season

at least get us to the draft so we can have something new to discuss

Its like ranking the best SB team ever or best QB WR etc each was special in its own way

but plug n play on Emmitt come now that was special every game you got to see him play

And that dislocated shoulder game against the Giants was the epitome of football warrior IMHO might have been other players who did as much but the list is very short

Thanks for the memories Emmitt :suds: