• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could we make the Super Bowl next year?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the record wanting to cut several big names and clean up our cap next season to give the next HC a real chance in the future, but I think what Jerry is going to do is pull out all the stops, future be damned, in an attempt to win it all next season. Romo, Witten and Ware aren't getting any younger, and I think Jerry will see it as his last, best shot. So my question is, what would have to be done to make us a legit contender to win the Super Bowl next season? If we redid Romo, Ware, Witten, and Carr, and released Austin, we could create enough cap space to franchise Hatcher and sign one impact FA(though it might cost us a young star next season). So, if we got lucky health wise, kept Ware and Hatcher, got Crawford back, signed an impact FA and had a great draft, could this team win a Super Bowl next season?
:scratch:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. This team will be lucky 6 gaames next season. There is no commitment to run the ball and play good defense. Jerrah will go down with the ship like he did in 2002, and will resurface to keep the cycle going. This team has plateaued and there are only two ways this team will go. I am picking downward.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JeWhat exactly has Crawford done in the NFL? Jerrah has been patching this same tire for 4 season now. At some point we need to start over.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will be 8-8 next year, then 8-8 the year after, and then the year after??? You got it.. 8-8. Then maybe 8-8 again. Its going to be gr8. and 8

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they could in the scenario above, with good health being the biggest key. The problem for me, is that we would have to have all our key players stay healthy(very doubtful), have a great draft(possible, we've drafted better the last few years), and hit on an impact FA(always a crapshoot). Is that a chance worth taking if it means mortgaging the future? I say no, and since thats the only way I think we could win it, I advocate housecleaning this season, and keeping our young stars while having a chance to add to that core rather than subtract in the future

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas will be 8-8 next year, then 8-8 the year after, and then the year after??? You got it.. 8-8. Then maybe 8-8 again. Its going to be gr8. and 8

8-8 would be good enough to have the Falcons looking up at our ass crack from the 4-12 they finish

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for that deep insightful input. Damn I swear trolls get dumber as the years pass by. I hope you daughter has more brains than you do.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen, that's why they play the game.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Manning, and it's possible

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for that deep insightful input. Damn I swear trolls get dumber as the years pass by. I hope you daughter has more brains than you do.

Not trolling man. Its true. Just like it was when I made this thread.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ssion/125826-no-offense-cowboys-fans-but.html

Ill make another one next year when you go 8-8 again. Reality is the team is talented in some spots but your D is bad, Romo isnt dependable, and the coaching is sketchy. Thats 8-8 all day.

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trolling man. Its true. Just like it was when I made this thread.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ssion/125826-no-offense-cowboys-fans-but.html

Ill make another one next year when you go 8-8 again. Reality is the team is talented in some spots but your D is bad, Romo isnt dependable, and the coaching is sketchy. Thats 8-8 all day.

Romo is fine but I doubt the Cowboys finish with an 8-8 record. The defense won't get much better, the o-line will probably regress, and we don't have a dependable deep threat. Plus Garrett sucks.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

We would basically have to replace our entire defense and hope things go well on offense.

did the saints last year after their 2012 defensive debacle?
was ryan that good there and not here?

fact is most here have seen the lacking defensive backfield play and total lack of depth for at least 3 years. The improvement has been less finger pointing and better effort with less since of entitlement among the troops since bum's boy left town, BUT the fact remains....little to no talent in an area where talent is absolutely required in todays NFL. That falls on the people doing the evaluations. Somebody still needs to stand up and scream this over and over. The game requires you go 6/7 deep on your roster, and many times the school yard ball skills is the first requirement of your #'s 5 & 6 guy. This staff has yet to see this. Dallas needs much improved health along with some big time player development from guys like Carter and Mo, and 3 to 4 new additions.

Don't let the stats tell the entire story....that's not the entire story

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did the saints last year after their 2012 defensive debacle?

It's not exactly the same thing.

We have a shitty defense and coaches. They had a suspended defense and coaches.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is fine but I doubt the Cowboys finish with an 8-8 record. The defense won't get much better, the o-line will probably regress, and we don't have a dependable deep threat. Plus Garrett sucks.

I'd like to know how the defense can't get much better? Cut the DL and LB injuries in half and the defense is better. I think we have two deep threats in Dez and Williams. I will agree Garrett leaves a lot to be desired on game day but I do like the type of players they have brought in since he took over. Do I think we are a SB team? No, not at the moment, but getting our injured back on the field and drafting 3 starters on D I wouldn't rule it out. Besides as Ford said "That's why they play the game". With your point of view we shouldn't even dress on Sunday's. Tell all the players to stay home and enjoy watching the other team play.

I have seen too many teams go from 1st to last. I have no idea why fans would call their team done next season before the current seasonsSB hasn't been played.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to know how the defense can't get much better? Cut the DL and LB injuries in half and the defense is better. I think we have two deep threats in Dez and Williams. I will agree Garrett leaves a lot to be desired on game day but I do like the type of players they have brought in since he took over. Do I think we are a SB team? No, not at the moment, but getting our injured back on the field and drafting 3 starters on D I wouldn't rule it out. Besides as Ford said "That's why they play the game". With your point of view we shouldn't even dress on Sunday's. Tell all the players to stay home and enjoy watching the other team play.

I have seen too many teams go from 1st to last. I have no idea why fans would call their team done next season before the current seasonsSB hasn't been played.

Because some of them are not true fans. I will always hope for the best. Have to focus on the d in the off season. Who knows?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, especially if we draft another tightend in the second round.