• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could there be a better time to play Alabama

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was bad LAST YEAR....it has not been on a downward spiral over the last 3 years. Funny that you of all people bash the offense when its worst season it still produced more than the previous HC and OC...did the previous staff ever have to replace 7 of 11 starters most of which got to campus in August? If I remember correctly they had access to arguably two of the best QB's to ever play at WVU.

I understand the concern with the change of DC, and like i have said before I just have a feeling this staff and these players will preform better than previous...We may never know if scheme was the real issue since we have been playing FR and Soph like it was going out of style the last couple of years.(not that some think that was a issue) Most of the starters will have Big 12 and playing exp. that usually helps. Deforrest and Patterson were both failures not news.

We will see gents, we have a tough schedule and a team coming off a bad season...guess time will tell if these guys work in the offseason has paid off.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense was bad LAST YEAR....it has not been on a downward spiral over the last 3 years. Funny that you of all people bash the offense when its worst season it still produced more than the previous HC and OC...did the previous staff ever have to replace 7 of 11 starters most of which got to campus in August? If I remember correctly they had access to arguably two of the best QB's to ever play at WVU.

I understand the concern with the change of DC, and like i have said before I just have a feeling this staff and these players will preform better than previous...We may never know if scheme was the real issue since we have been playing FR and Soph like it was going out of style the last couple of years.(not that some think that was a issue) Most of the starters will have Big 12 and playing exp. that usually helps. Deforrest and Patterson were both failures not news.

We will see gents, we have a tough schedule and a team coming off a bad season...guess time will tell if these guys work in the offseason has paid off.

DC, the offense has indeed been going downhill since mid season 2012, the offense was on fire for the first five games of 2012, then fell off the map. As to your other comment, in 2013 the offense scores 26 ppg, in 2010, the offense scored 25, 2009 26 ppg, 2008 25 ppg, the offense in 2010 was pathetic, per you guys, reason to fire a coach, an offensive guru was hired to add ONE point, oh and by the way, that "pathetic" team went 9-4, NOT 4-8!!!!

I did NOT bash the offense, I said I want to see it,

Holgorsen was hired to get points on the board, 2011 37ppg, 2012 39ppg, 2013 26ppg, a two point bump is hardly statistically significant for one year, especially since we went to a league that prizes offense over defense. I want to see what the guy was hired for, not hear lame excuses about why he hasnt produced.

I hope Trickett has been taught the plays, I hope Holgorsen has learned to be a more effective HC, I hope Gibson and Bradley are the answer on defense. I hope the team improves on 4-8, I hope they beat the teams they should, and compete well with the ones that should beat them.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 5 games of the 2012 regular season... WVU scored the following totals...

I sure hope WVU's offense falls off the map in similar fashion this year...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

convenient you left out the two 14s, huh, opponent score last five games of 2012:

WVU was 2-3 in those games you are singing such praises about.....

PLUS you chose to cherry pick off the bowl game.............a 38-14 loss, WOW, of course I AM talking to a guy who thinks a 4-8 season is reason to be optimistic, but 9-4 is a disaster

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
convenient you left out the two 14s, huh, opponent score last five games of 2012:

WVU was 2-3 in those games you are singing such praises about.....

PLUS you chose to cherry pick off the bowl game…..........a 38-14 loss, WOW, of course I AM talking to a guy who thinks a 4-8 season is reason to be optimistic, but 9-4 is a disaster

Why would you mention the opponent's score, when we're talking about the offense from 2012? You stated Dana's offense fell off the map… right? Had WVU continued to score 14 points or less the remainder of that season, then I would not have had any point to make.

But, they scored a shit load of points during their last 5 games… clearly… they weren't falling off the map.

Nice try…

Outside of the LSU game in 2010, wasn't WVU favored in every other game? Why would anyone be optimistic about that kind of season?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you mention the opponent's score, when we're talking about the offense from 2012? You stated Dana's offense fell off the map… right? Had WVU continued to score 14 points or less the remainder of that season, then I would not have had any point to make.

But, they scored a shit load of points during their last 5 games… clearly… they weren't falling off the map.

Nice try…

Outside of the LSU game in 2010, wasn't WVU favored in every other game? Why would anyone be optimistic about that kind of season?

Yeah, you are right, losing to IAST and Kansas is the mark of a program on the rise! Holgorsen will soon take over from Saban as the best coach in CFB, he just has not had the talent on the field to do it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you are right, losing to IAST and Kansas is the mark of a program on the rise! Holgorsen will soon take over from Saban as the best coach in CFB, he just has not had the talent on the field to do it.

Sorry... I don't see what your comment has to do with WVU's offense producing better numbers in 2012 than it did in 2011. Nor does it defend your statement that the 2012 offense fell off the map after the first 5 games.

Is it your way of saying UNCLE?

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry... I don't see what your comment has to do with WVU's offense producing better numbers in 2012 than it did in 2011. Nor does it defend your statement that the 2012 offense fell off the map after the first 5 games.

Is it your way of saying UNCLE?

WVU's offense 2011- Texas game 2012- 41.6 ppg

WVU's offense TTU game 2012- 2013- 28.1 ppg

Yes, BB, there has been a 30% drop in points scored by the offense since the Texas game in 2012, try and spin it how you please, anyone can see it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU's offense 2011- Texas game 2012- 41.6 ppg

WVU's offense TTU game 2012- 2013- 28.1 ppg

Yes, BB, there has been a 30% drop in points scored by the offense since the Texas game in 2012, try and spin it how you please, anyone can see it.

No spin necessary... Dana's offense improved from year 1 to year 2. We all know the offense struggled last year. But, it performed better than it did under the previous HC.... let's you know how bad an offense we had back then.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No spin necessary... Dana's offense improved from year 1 to year 2. We all know the offense struggled last year. But, it performed better than it did under the previous HC.... let's you know how bad an offense we had back then.

Yes, year three of both coaching staff's offenses performed the same, but one coaching staff also had a defense. One of those coaching staffs went 9-4, one went 4-8.

The fall off did not just happen last year, it started after the Texas game in 2012, go ahead and stick your head in the sand.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without the defense to go along, the results will be similar to the 2012 results. 2-3, the last eight games were 2-6, of course in 2013, the great Holgorsen went 1-6 in the last 7 games, and there was not a bowl game for the first time since Fraud's first year. I guess you just can't see the 30% drop off from the first 18 games of Holgorsen's tenure, ALL with someone else's players, to his next 20 games, with proportionally more of his players. I expect there to be marked improvement this year, or Holgorsen to be gone, first improvement is wins over the teams WVU SHOULD beat, there is no excuse to lose to Kansas, or to give up against IAST to allow the huge comeback. A shutout loss to UMD by a coach said to be an offensive genius is also not acceptable. If there is no bowl game again this year, Holgorsen needs to go, period.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be serious!

Sorry BB, I forgot what I was doing there for a minute, I AM talking to a guy who sees doom and gloom in 9-4, but stands up for the coach who gets worse each years and ended up 4-8 last year. Watch Holgorsen when the team is playing defense, see what he does, NOTHING, watch any other HEAD coach, they coach ALL the time, not just when their favorite is on the field.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point.

I guess that is why no one thought Bill Stewart could coach worth a damn. He didn't get involved in either the defense or offense's huddles during time outs.

Since Dana is the play caller for the offense.... maybe he is talking to his offensive coaches on his headset when the defense is on the field? Just a thought...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without the defense to go along, the results will be similar to the 2012 results. 2-3, the last eight games were 2-6, of course in 2013, the great Holgorsen went 1-6 in the last 7 games, and there was not a bowl game for the first time since Fraud's first year. I guess you just can't see the 30% drop off from the first 18 games of Holgorsen's tenure, ALL with someone else's players, to his next 20 games, with proportionally more of his players. I expect there to be marked improvement this year, or Holgorsen to be gone, first improvement is wins over the teams WVU SHOULD beat, there is no excuse to lose to Kansas, or to give up against IAST to allow the huge comeback. A shutout loss to UMD by a coach said to be an offensive genius is also not acceptable. If there is no bowl game again this year, Holgorsen needs to go, period.

I do not blame Holgorsen for last year, or the year before. It is my opinion that he inherited a team from a coach, that with all good intentions was in over his head. With the lack of depth from the previouse regimes poor recruiting we did not have the depth to compete in the big 12. The lack of depth in my opinion was the reason for the late season slides. When there was no depth, the players played to many plays and their bodies were just worn down mentally and physically. That is the reason for the injuries and having to play people that wasn't ready to play. It is not hard to see that with some common sense.( The Big 12 is an entirely different animal then the Big East was, Look at how TCU has fared in their new conference. Anyone think Patterson forgot how to coach all of a sudden?)

With that said, this is Holgorsen's third year. (I know this is his fourth as Head coach, but I do not count the first as he was thrust into the job by outside circumstances beyond his control and it was to late for him to get his recruiting class.) In his third year he should have his players in place to compete. We have arguably the hardest schedule in the country, but there is no excuse for NOT reaching a bowl game this year. I hope Holgerson succeeds, but if no bowl this year he needs to go.

There is no reason we cant win 6 games. There is no reason we cant win 2 of the three out of conference games and go 4-5 in conference.

I do think we will beat Bama. We will see in less then 2 weeks.

LETTTTSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not blame Holgorsen for last year, or the year before. It is my opinion that he inherited a team from a coach, that with all good intentions was in over his head. With the lack of depth from the previouse regimes poor recruiting we did not have the depth to compete in the big 12. The lack of depth in my opinion was the reason for the late season slides. When there was no depth, the players played to many plays and their bodies were just worn down mentally and physically. That is the reason for the injuries and having to play people that wasn't ready to play. It is not hard to see that with some common sense.( The Big 12 is an entirely different animal then the Big East was, Look at how TCU has fared in their new conference. Anyone think Patterson forgot how to coach all of a sudden?)

With that said, this is Holgorsen's third year. (I know this is his fourth as Head coach, but I do not count the first as he was thrust into the job by outside circumstances beyond his control and it was to late for him to get his recruiting class.) In his third year he should have his players in place to compete. We have arguably the hardest schedule in the country, but there is no excuse for NOT reaching a bowl game this year. I hope Holgerson succeeds, but if no bowl this year he needs to go.

There is no reason we cant win 6 games. There is no reason we cant win 2 of the three out of conference games and go 4-5 in conference.

I do think we will beat Bama. We will see in less then 2 weeks.

LETTTTSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Let me get this straight, you count this as Holgorsen's third year, because he was thown into the job unexpectedly??????? Take a look back to 2007 then, WOW, I am so sick of the double standard.........As to bowl games, there was NO EXCUSE last year either, the two worst teams in the league left with a bowl game on the line, and the coaches couldnt get the team ready to play..........

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no excuses at all playing freshman and burning redshirts by seasons end usually equals a lot of success :doh:....double standard goes both ways you worship Stew for going 9-4 in the BE after inheriting the best QB in WVU history along with one of the Top 5 running backs to ever play here..we brought back most of that offense and dropped nearly 14 pts a game but great job coach.

BE does not equal BIG 12

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVU is not in the Big Easy conference anymore. WVU is in a big boy conference now. These types of losses will happen. We lost to ISU at home a few years ago and won by a point at Ames last year. Struggled to beat KU in Lawrence in '12. Big 12 is a tough as hell conference.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the perfect time to play Alabama. New QB and new OC.
Unless of course, they get in some kind of grove and score 60pts.

There's always that side of it.
Kiffen will have something to prove and if he can will not stop scoring.