• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cornerbacks Drafted by Belichick

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5'10"Arrington got eaten alive in the SB against a receiver he had covered. The receiver caught his first pass in his career against Arrington. They kept going back to him until we put Browner on him.
Across the league you are now seeing balls being thrown to tall receivers that are covered and letting the receiver go up and take it.

Matthews is 6'5. All his catches were jump balls. Arrington had no chance. He could of been 6' and still lost. He wasn't out of position on all those catches. More and more 6'4 to 6'5 WR are coming into the league. While CB's aren't getting any taller.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more 6'4"-6'5" receivers being drafted, making more and more jump balls.
Good sign to draft taller corners that can contest for those jump balls.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I rescind my suggestion of Collins. I forgot he was the druggie.
The only early CB I like is Eric Rowe. Later we could consider Josh Shaw - the very talented idiot that came up with the rescuing the brother in the pool story.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me like Collins even more. Smoking some weed doesn't necessarily make someone a "druggie". Failing a drug test doesn't make one a "druggie. About 30% of the NFL is on Adderrol.......30% of the league is ADD.......Yeah...right.....

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes me like Collins even more. Smoking some weed doesn't necessarily make someone a "druggie". Failing a drug test doesn't make one a "druggie. About 30% of the NFL is on Adderrol.......30% of the league is ADD.......Yeah...right.....

No thanks. Failing A drug test doesn't make one a druggie. Failing multiple does. He failed multiple.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this where AH got his start? No! I'm not saying everyone who smokes dope will be a mass murderer. But you have to gave some discipline. Currently it's illegal (-) WA & CO I believe? Regardless it's illegal in the NCAA and the NFL. When you have a promising career ahead of you why not have some discipline and say no? Lack of discipline is lack of discipline on and off the field.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently LSU has a major problem(tyranne mathieu)i smoked weed for years,i did alot of other drugs too,it never got out of hand.people can change & sometimes it motivates them even more

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can certainley change and become a viable member to society as well as a great FB player. But with everything going on with NFL players as an owner or GM do you want to risk it? Pats waited till the 4th round for AH. Tough choice when to pull the trigger. Excuse the pun.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have to keep an eye on chandler jones,if he is anything like his brother jon,he will be out of the league

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think anyone with a character issue will be passed on by NE and a lot of other teams. It is not about the "weed" its about the fact they can't follow rules, and continue to not follow them. I mean look at Ray, biggest job interview of his life with millions on the line, and he goes an get arrested for Pot. Again, its not about the weed, its about his poor judgement and repeat offenses.. He also failed tests at Missou in the past. Just not sure what some of these kids think.

AS for Rowe and Shaw, I am all over these guys. I think Rowe does not make it out the 2nd, I really think you see a run of CB go in the 2nd rd. I think Shaw makes it to the 3rd. I am also reading that Shaw could be moved to S if need be. Going to be a fun draft!!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, you are not the only "old dog" in here. I survived the 60's and 70's because I was a pro and didn't want anything to get in the way of my "only priority" If pot is more important than his career, I don't have much faith in his commitment. I'm not being a hypocrite, I walked the walk.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get into a knock down-drag out about Jalen Collins. None of the info I've read or the draft books I've seen have mentioned anything about failing one or more drug tests. Since I have nothing concrete to base my opinion on, I can only go with what I know.

I like ATHALON Draft magazine. You may not. But here goes:
Jalen Collins LSU
Height 6'2" Weight 198

STRONG POINTS: Tall, lean and very long. Great body awareness and control. Covers with aggressive style, shows no fear or hesitation when squared off against elite receivers. Can get his hands on, redirect and disrupt his manat the point of attack. Long strider with good range underneath. Good instincts, reads the action well. Good hand-eye coordination. Can react to wherever the ball is thrown without hesitation. Great Leaper. Can close in on the ball carrier or receiver with just a few steps. Very good acceleration to his top speed. Easy bender with good flexibility. Confident player who competes hard on every down.

WEAK POINTS: May not have the deep speed to hang with fast receivers downfield. Lacks the closing speed to receivers running deep. Lacks presence as a tackler. Rarely gives a jolt to the ball carrier. Drag down tackler. Reaction to quick underneath routes is slow.

SUMMARY: Has the elite size and body for teams looking for length at cornerback. His reach radius combined with easy movement make him solid in man coverage. He has starter potential in any scheme.

FINAL GRADE: 2nd or 3rd Round.

If this guy is available in the 2nd round, I take him and warn him up front. He doesn't heed the warning, I call the cops.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Rowe is still available. I think we take an O-lineman in the 2nd. Maybe he can make it to the 3rd?

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start targeting offensive linemen now.

I was hoping Byron Jones would slide to them last night but happy he got picked by Dallas and not Philly as some had thought might happen.

First round irony - my oldest daughter graduated UConn last year and the Cowboys go with a UConn kid. My youngest is a junior at Texas and the Pats go with the Longhorn.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to start targeting offensive linemen now.

I was hoping Byron Jones would slide to them last night but happy he got picked by Dallas and not Philly as some had thought might happen.

First round irony - my oldest daughter graduated UConn last year and the Cowboys go with a UConn kid. My youngest is a junior at Texas and the Pats go with the Longhorn.
My son lives in Minnesota and I just ate dinner! Go figure.....