• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats to the Redskins. NFC East champs

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think the Skins will be the easy walkover Hawks fans act like they would be 2 weeks ago

Cheers.

It'll be fun no matter who we ultimately play. Already FAR exceeded all expectations. So win/win.

We've been playing well at home, so we will see. Seem we are peaking at the right time which helps.

We've also been quite injured early in the season and have just recently regained a bit of health.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you dont.

That was a masterful kneel down by Cousins just before halftime. Nobody saw that coming!

The Redskins are playing with house money at this point. We were projected as one of the worst teams in the league. Any thing going forward is just gravy.

1. We finished at least .500 when most had us finishing 5-11 at best
2. We won our division
3. Most importantly, we likely wont be involved in the annual QB derby.

The Seahawks SHOULD roll the Redskins if thats the game thats played. BUt who has more to lose in that game??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Redskins offense looks to be clicking. I'm especially impressed with that OL of theirs. I think they stand a very good chance of upsetting whoever they play in the 1st round of the playoffs with it being a home game and Cousins really playing some of the best QB play in the league. I would still probably pick the road team to beat them but after these past few weeks that choice is getting just a little harder to make.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't think the Skins will be the easy walkover Hawks fans act like they would be 2 weeks ago

Links?

And the many posts of you contradicting them too?...:rolleyes2:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Links?

And the many posts of you contradicting them too?...:rolleyes2:

I think most figured whoever won the NFC East would be an easy win for whoever played in them the Wild Card round. I mean there were plenty beyond Seahawks fans who were talking about how unfair it was that a team from the NFC East gets a home game heck even makes the playoffs. There was an entire thread that went on for pages of people complaining about that. Again this is all fans not just from one team. I would say though the tune has changed a bit when looking at the Redskins as they do seem to finally have a QB playing at a very high level.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta hand it to the resiliency of that team. Started the season with the owner and coach fighting over who was going to be the quarterback. And the 2-4 start and some calling for Gruden to be fired. Team could have easily folded up the tent early and gone 4-12 but they didn't. Good turnaround to the season, regardless of how bad the division was.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Cali!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is playing well for sure, but doing it against the likes of the Eagles (and other NFC East teams) is a bit different than doing it against an accomplished and proven defense like Seattle's. And Seattle's offense won't fumble the ball every other play like Philly. I'm not predicting a 40 point win or anything -- especially with the game on the road -- but nothing I saw last night makes me think Seattle is in trouble.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few saw it coming, but the Redskins are not only the division champs--they also look to be the team most headed in the right direction longer-term. They have found a young QB and their new GM seems to be doing a great job of building depth on the roster with solid, unspectacular free agents and good draft picks.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes a big congrats Skins fans. Nobody saw this coming. Your team is definitely playing at a different level now than they were early on in the season.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mind the skins winning it, since the alternative as an eagles fan is obviously the giants or cowboys. with that said though, and oddly enough, the redskins are the worst of the bunch.

the cowboys were without romo while the eagles and giants were just poorly inconsistent. the 3 games against winning opponents (pats, jets, carolina) the skins had, they were dominated in all 3. the eagles were able to beat the pats, jets and were close with carolina into the 4th. the giants lost nailbiters to all 3. the eagles were also stuck with zona, the giants stuck with minny.

the W is all that matter though, so congrats to the redskins for taking care of business. but they will get manhandled.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mind the skins winning it, since the alternative as an eagles fan is obviously the giants or cowboys. with that said though, and oddly enough, the redskins are the worst of the bunch.

the cowboys were without romo while the eagles and giants were just poorly inconsistent. the 3 games against winning opponents (pats, jets, carolina) the skins had, they were dominated in all 3. the eagles were able to beat the pats, jets and were close with carolina into the 4th. the giants lost nailbiters to all 3. the eagles were also stuck with zona, the giants stuck with minny.

the W is all that matter though, so congrats to the redskins for taking care of business. but they will get manhandled.
So the Skins beat the Eagles twice but the Eagles are the better team?

Can we log this post under "Moronic Post of The Year"?

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Skins beat the Eagles twice but the Eagles are the better team?

Can we log this post under "Moronic Post of The Year"?

sure, after we log it under yours for thinking head to head matchups indicate what teams are better overall :dhd:

good thing arizona beat st.louis in that second matchup.. or else we would have to declare the rams the better team! well, since they split, i'm going to assume by your logic they are even. also, how great is it that the packers got that hail mary at the end of the lions game to split with them? man, if they would have lost that game.. it would tear them apart knowing the lions are the better team! fucking christ :L

against carolina, the skins had 14 yards rushing on 12 carries. against the pats, 37 yards on 15 carries. against the jets, 34 yards on 17 carries. cousins was barely cracking 200 yards passing as well. didn't even make it one of those games.

there is absolutely no reason to believe a playoff team will not shut down that same running game while cousins makes at least a couple of big mistakes. anyone with common sense knows the giants were the "dangerous" team who could actually do something in the postseason. the eagles were weaker and behind them. the cowboys, if they had romo for even half the year, most likely would have won the division.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with H2H matchups. You're a damn clown if you watched the Skins play and watched the Eagles play and think they're a better team than Washington

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, after we log it under yours for thinking head to head matchups indicate what teams are better overall :dhd:

good thing arizona beat st.louis in that second matchup.. or else we would have to declare the rams the better team! well, since they split, i'm going to assume by your logic they are even. also, how great is it that the packers got that hail mary at the end of the lions game to split with them? man, if they would have lost that game.. it would tear them apart knowing the lions are the better team! fucking christ :L

against carolina, the skins had 14 yards rushing on 12 carries. against the pats, 37 yards on 15 carries. against the jets, 34 yards on 17 carries. cousins was barely cracking 200 yards passing as well. didn't even make it one of those games.

there is absolutely no reason to believe a playoff team will not shut down that same running game while cousins makes at least a couple of big mistakes. anyone with common sense knows the giants were the "dangerous" team who could actually do something in the postseason. the eagles were weaker and behind them. the cowboys, if they had romo for even half the year, most likely would have won the division.
Let me elaborate on my original post. And let's try and stay focused on the Redskins and Eagles.

Redskins have the better overall record, better division record, and better head-to-head record. In addition, The Redskins just pummeled the Eagles in Philly in a must win game, yet the Eagles are the better team?

Again, "Moronic Post of The Year"