• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Congrats Bengals fans

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone hear about this nonsense yet? I gotta good laugh.

Joe Burrow blasted for 'distasteful' joke about his diamond necklace

So he was wearing a necklace with his initials and a Nike swoosh. He was asked if the diamonds are real. His response- "They're definitely real...I make too much money to have fake ones."

I thought his response was funny. What a stupid question to be asked during a press conference.

Apparently not everyone on the social medias (twitter to be exact) liked his response. Some yo-yo's out there got the issues with him now.

Some responses- "eww", "distasteful", "I grew up on Long Island in the 80's (who gives a fuck?). If you're going to spend that much on diamonds, at least design something classier."

"Pretty distasteful"

WTF? I guess anything to get outraged these days?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So he was wearing a necklace with his initials and a Nike swoosh. He was asked if the diamonds are real. His response- "They're definitely real...I make too much money to have fake ones."

I thought his response was funny. What a stupid question to be asked during a press conference.

Apparently not everyone on the social medias (twitter to be exact) liked his response. Some yo-yo's out there got the issues with him now.

Some responses- "eww", "distasteful", "I grew up on Long Island in the 80's (who gives a fuck?). If you're going to spend that much on diamonds, at least design something classier."

"Pretty distasteful"

If it wasn't meant in jest then it's boastful not sure about distasteful. I dunno he seems grounded but I can see where he has a little cockiness in him to. In the end it's his money and unfortunately the league exposes the players to the mercy of the media and their asinine questions

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't meant in jest then it's boastful not sure about distasteful. I dunno he seems grounded but I can see where he has a little cockiness in him to. In the end it's his money and unfortunately the league exposes the players to the mercy of the media and their asinine questions

No doubt salaries are insane. You mentioned the media. If anything I blame the idiot that asked the question in the first place. No matter how Burrow answered some out there were going to have a problem with it because of his contract.

I wonder how these social media people would have reacted to Deion Sanders back in the day?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least we know why joe wasn’t nominated to the pro bowl, destiny knew what was up
Exactly. Or is this part of the league already predetermined the outcome like many people think around the league when a great QB makes it to t he SB for yeat a 9th time. haha

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt salaries are insane. You mentioned the media. If anything I blame the idiot that asked the question in the first place. No matter how Burrow answered some out there were going to have a problem with it because of his contract.

I wonder how these social media people would have reacted to Deion Sanders back in the day?
Just think, it is number 1 overall pick money, but it is still about 40% of what it was prior to the rookie cap. So it could have been much worse. He does have a lot of money with that contract, and as long as he stays healthy to his second contract, his second contract will make him a mega millionaire like Mahomes and Allen.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just beat one of the better teams in the NFL to get to the Super Bowl so it seems an ok time to be cocky... lol

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Pretty distasteful"

Those are rhinestones compared to what the richer rappers wear

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these accessories will be owned by collectors and lots of money raised for charity. He knows what he’s doing

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think, it is number 1 overall pick money, but it is still about 40% of what it was prior to the rookie cap. So it could have been much worse. He does have a lot of money with that contract, and as long as he stays healthy to his second contract, his second contract will make him a mega millionaire like Mahomes and Allen.

Burrow's gonna have a truck load of loot after his rookie contract ends.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow's gonna have a truck load of loot after his rookie contract ends.
Yes he will. We will see if we can afford the rest of the team after that.

I guess maybe it is good he gets used to not having an offensive line. haha

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he will. We will see if we can afford the rest of the team after that.

I guess maybe it is good he gets used to not having an offensive line. haha

That's the tricky part. Will Burrow demand top dollar or will he be willing to give a little up to upgrade the roster? Taking a little less will only help him out.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the tricky part. Will Burrow demand top dollar or will he be willing to give a little up to upgrade the roster? Taking a little less will only help him out.
I wouldn't take less if he is the reason FA's want to come here and take less to play with Burrow. Saving on t he other end of the spectrum then.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is funny. And Eli go the last laugh. Go Buckeyes!

Panther HC Matt Rhule reportedly told Eli Apple he'd 'never play anywhere again'

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't take less if he is the reason FA's want to come here and take less to play with Burrow. Saving on t he other end of the spectrum then.
I do see your point, but in a world where you may need 3-4 F/A - having each guy take less isn't always going to work out. If they are going to take less, they are also going to want to see you make sacrifices as well. Brady did that for years in NE - and it worked out pretty well. There has to be a medium ground - and just from what little we've seen of Burrow - I think he understand that. I think he will make some concessions to ensure that the team is built the way it needs to be in order to win.