• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Computer problem

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my routine down, and it works for me. Your judgement is not noted nor accepted :pound:

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it! :pound:

Anti-Malware bailed my shit out BIGTIME on my office network at a crucial time. Now I pay that annual subscription without even thinking twice. Make sure you do two things:

Update to the latest virus definitions. They update it throughout the day.
Run the Full Scan. It might take hours but let it work.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of a virus does not let your computer turn on unless you let it sit for a while?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford, look at something like BitDefender Rescue CD Removes Viruses When All Else Fails . Some viruses don't get handled effectively if you run the scanner in the infected OS, but if you boot to a different OS, it can rub uninterrupted. That one you just burn to CD, then it's pretty much plug and play. You'll just need to hit a button when booting up to boot from the cd instead. It may state it on the screen or you might want to google it for your specific computer. It's usually F2 or F12 in my experience.

:pound:

I guess that IS the ultimate goal, right?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fixed it you douche:bawling:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What kind of a virus does not let your computer turn on unless you let it sit for a while?

It could have overheated as a result of whatever the virus was doing in the background. I agree a virus may not be the most likely problem in the case of the OP, though.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a lazy one? I'm betting it was created in a union hackers shop.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's supposed to fix the one I got, but doesn't seem to. All the pron I look at, and no viruses. She downloads "smilebox" and sets loose some mini-virus thing. I think it is called safe-search.net or something. It changed my homepage to Bing, and just generally seems to have slowed shit down. I got my settings back, but still things seem to run a bit off.

safe-search.net and its variants are a part of browser/search hijacks. They are not easy to remove. First off see if there are any new search programs installed using control panel add/remove programs, download free revo uninstaller and use it in advanced mode to uninstall and remove all registry traces and files. Then start your browsers (all of them, one at a time) with all add ons disabled on start. Depending on which browser you need to manage search engines (in IE this is found in manage add ons), unselect the safe-search as the default or whatever is selected and reset to the search engine you want. If you see the safe-search.net in the list disable it and then use hijackthis to remove it afterward.

One word to all: If you download from CNET or some other sites be aware that these hijacks are now packaged with some otherwise very good software. I recommend if you do this that you read the install instructions carefully and UNSELECT any add ons the installer offers. Otherwise go to majorgeeks.com which doesn't allow this type of installer.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost got fired for watching internet **** at work. Instead I got fired for masturbating

You should have gotten one of these and you may not have been interrupted

tumblr_mg8lcnbt0_B1qax99wo1_500.jpg