• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Commanders vs Cowboys predictions

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I believe you and it makes sense.

I think you have to consider the source here. I am guessing Redskin/Commanders fans are much more obsessed with the Cowboys than the other way around. I could be wrong.

I am guessing that Redskins/Commanders view the Cowboys as the rival gang, like the Greasers or Socs, where Cowboy fans view the Redskins/Commanders as the annoying little brother. Especially over the past 20 years. This isn't the 70's or 80's anymore.

Any measure of success by the Cowboys will be mocked or discredited obviously. You understand that though.
Dallas has had many rivalries over the years. None better than Washington in the 70's IMO

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 23-10 Cowboys. The Commander's defense is a little better than a High School team. Rivera did a great job of addressing issues with the defense....

*Parsons should have 4 sacks
*Game should be over by halftime
*Wentz will be sacked 8 times
*Wentz will throw a TD with about a minute left
*Cowboys will go on cruise control in the 2nd half
*Commanders fans will still believe Rivera and Wentz are the future of the team
The issue for Washingtons defense against the Eagles was pass defense. Could be a close low scoring game if Washington can run the ball . These divisional games are hard to predict. I could see Diggs getting a pick or two and Wentz getting sacked 4 or 5 times. Diggs baited Wentz a few years ago and picked him twice

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we should have both Gallup and Schultz back and in their absence it seems we learned we are a little deeper at both positions than I thought. Hopefully Schultz plays a little less on early downs and both of the kids still get some snaps. McGovern may be back too, but hopefully we don't need him

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we should have both Gallup and Schultz back and in their absence it seems we learned we are a little deeper at both positions than I thought. Hopefully Schultz plays a little less on early downs and both of the kids still get some snaps. McGovern may be back too, but hopefully we don't need him

At TE we are definitely better than i thought. Still not sure about WR. Im ready to see a healthy Gallup. Rush has relied on Lamb and Brown, along with the TEs mostly. I would love to see a small package of plays involving Turpin. They have been sprinking him in occasionally. Aikman kind of hInted at it the last game. I expect to see something this week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At TE we are definitely better than i thought. Still not sure about WR. Im ready to see a healthy Gallup. Rush has relied on Lamb and Brown, along with the TEs mostly. I would love to see a small package of plays involving Turpin. They have been sprinking him in occasionally. Aikman kind of hInted at it the last game. I expect to see something this week.
To me Brown has proven to be better than I thought he was as a FT outside receiver and thus the WR depth behind Lamb and Gallup is better than I thought. Do I think playing Brown 17 games a year 90% of the plays is good? No, but he has proven he belongs out there as more than a blocker and a guy to run one or two slants per game. If others also step up (Turpin, Simi, Tolbert) then that's even better

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike Schultz ,but I did not like that he was franchised. He just has no fire IMO. He blocks like Deion. I would have been fine if Schultz was out for two months. Ferguson and Hendershot are the future

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue for Washingtons defense against the Eagles was pass defense. Could be a close low scoring game if Washington can run the ball . These divisional games are hard to predict. I could see Diggs getting a pick or two and Wentz getting sacked 4 or 5 times. Diggs baited Wentz a few years ago and picked him twice
The poor WSH OLine makes it difficult for the RBs to run on anybody. I believe they are one of the 5 worst teams in rushing offense.
If Wentz has time, then he can make the appropriate throws. DET and Philly did not allow that to happen. I am sure Quinn is going to blitz like crazy. Wentz is not a good QB and panics under pressure.

The WSH defense is bottom 5 in the league as well. Teams have been able to throw at will on them. The LB unit is the worst in the NFL as well, as such, the middle of the field and TE options will be there.

Last edited:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Brown has proven to be better than I thought he was as a FT outside receiver and thus the WR depth behind Lamb and Gallup is better than I thought. Do I think playing Brown 17 games a year 90% of the plays is good? No, but he has proven he belongs out there as more than a blocker and a guy to run one or two slants per game. If others also step up (Turpin, Simi, Tolbert) then that's even better
The talent not bad. The issue I see is the OC. They need to stick with the 12 and 21 personel and stay balanced. Not the predictable Moore offense where he lines up 3 recievers every damn snap. Cowboys need to stay physical on offense and you do that by using the two tight ends and not 3 recievers Really was hoping Schultz would be out longer. You now got a rookie LT that dominates in the run game. peters is massive and he was moving people

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, yeah Parsons going to be coming. They will double and triple him and the pocket going to collapse on Wentz. Armstrong and Fowler Dlaw can all win one on one . Cowboys need to stop the run and if they do it not going to be a good time for Wentz.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera ain’t dumb. They’re not gonna let Carson stand back and let that front four feast. They gonna run the ball and throw quick passes and screens. Defensively, Washington shut down Philly’s run game last week even though their secondary was straight do-do. That being said, our WR corp is not as talented as Philly’s and I don’t think Gallup will be a huge factor in this game being it’s his first one back from a torn ACL tear.

I expect a low-scoring defensive led game with the pass rush not getting completely going till the fourth quarter. I’m thinking 3-4 sacks in this game with Dallas winning 21-17. Carson will look decent at times, hell I’ll even think he’ll throw a BEAUTIFUL pass to McLauren for a touchdown but like I said, eventually our pass rush will get home and start doing work. I’m just hoping and praying that our guys come out of this healthy cause last week we had a close call with D-Law.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivera ain’t dumb. They’re not gonna let Carson stand back and let that front four feast. They gonna run the ball and throw quick passes and screens. Defensively, Washington shut down Philly’s run game last week even though their secondary was straight do-do. That being said, our WR corp is not as talented as Philly’s and I don’t think Gallup will be a huge factor in this game being it’s his first one back from a torn ACL tear.

I expect a low-scoring defensive led game with the pass rush not getting completely going till the fourth quarter. I’m thinking 3-4 sacks in this game with Dallas winning 21-17. Carson will look decent at times, hell I’ll even think he’ll throw a BEAUTIFUL pass to McLauren for a touchdown but like I said, eventually our pass rush will get home and start doing work. I’m just hoping and praying that our guys come out of this healthy cause last week we had a close call with D-Law.
Rivera might not be dumb, but he isn't smart either. He weakened both the OLine and DLine this offseason for no reason.

He continues to neglect the LB unit as a whole out of his personal pride.

He continues to let Jack Del Rio scheme for a defense that is awful.

Scott Turner has no business being an OC in the league. He doesn't make the appropriate adjustments and continues to call 7 step drop passes for Wentz even though the OLine is possible bottom 3 in the league.

The Commanders coaching staff/front office is bottom 3 in the league. The trade for Wentz was idiotic at best. Dallas should cruise to a win behind smart play from Rush, a steady running game, and constant pressure on Wentz.

For Commanders fans, hopefully, the Rivera experiment gets over soon. It was always a mistake.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's alright duke, most Cowboy fans think like redskin fans when talking head coach. It's a good deal, McCarthy is gone if he's not NFC CHAMPS and the desire for Sean gets voiced over and over.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's alright duke, most Cowboy fans think like redskin fans when talking head coach. It's a good deal, McCarthy is gone if he's not NFC CHAMPS and the desire for Sean gets voiced over and over.
Commanders would count their lucky stars if they got McCarthy, Moore, and Quinn. You and I both know that. McCarthy is light years ahead of Rivera. You simply cannot argue with facts and data.

Again, the biggest problem with Rivera is the fact that Rivera has NO business running a front office. He had NO experience in CAR being a GM, yet, Snyder allowed him full control.

The free agent signings have been a disaster
The drafting has been poor

There are countless examples of terrible front office decisions made since Rivera has been in DC. Bottom line, he has no clue what he is doing. Commanders fans are finally figuring it out. Perfect example is the re-branding...what a disaster. It was unprofessional, lame, and reeked of incompetence. Rivera oversaw that as well.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a drinking game for today.
For every Dallas penalty we take a drink.