• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy SILVER out of Calgary

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope Glass is next.

Not truculent enough?

Lacks pugnacity?

How are his testosterone levels?

I KNOW he's belligerent, so something is not right here.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not truculent enough?

Lacks pugnacity?

How are his testosterone levels?

I KNOW he's belligerent, so something is not right here.

Could it be that the Flames are maybe, just maybe finally embracing skill over will and wits over fists?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is Bettman, by the way...

“It is fair to say he wasn’t making any overt threats. But he certainly did say: You know, if you screw this up the Flames are going to leave and that is going to be miserable and it’ll destroy your city,” Nenshi said. “I remember very well saying to him: That would be an awful outcome, but it’s not going to destroy my city.

You know, Calgary was doing just fine before the Flames arrived in town and I'm sure it would be okay if the Flames left. Gary is the one who needs to leave.

Gary Bettman, Naheed Nenshi comment on arena deal, relocation potential - Sportsnet.ca

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is Bettman, by the way...

“It is fair to say he wasn’t making any overt threats. But he certainly did say: You know, if you screw this up the Flames are going to leave and that is going to be miserable and it’ll destroy your city,” Nenshi said. “I remember very well saying to him: That would be an awful outcome, but it’s not going to destroy my city.

You know, Calgary was doing just fine before the Flames arrived in town and I'm sure it would be okay if the Flames left. Gary is the one who needs to leave.

Gary Bettman, Naheed Nenshi comment on arena deal, relocation potential - Sportsnet.ca
If/when this blows up in Gary’s face I think it might be the final straw for some owners. There’s gotta be more than a few that really don’t like the optics of this.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calgary is the best Canadian city to drive in, according to a global ranking system devised by a German auto parts retailer.

The rankings come from kfzteile24, which evaluated 100 major cities worldwide, including five in Canada.

Calgary ranked 10th overall, just behind Munich, Germany, and just ahead of Bern, Switzerland.

Montreal ranked 13th followed by Toronto at 14th, while Ottawa came in at 22nd and Vancouver at 48th.

The rankings were based on nine criteria, which were weighted as follows:

• Road congestion (30 per cent).
  • Public transit alternatives (15 per cent).
  • Average travel speeds between downtown and the international airport (15 per cent).
  • The price of parking (10 per cent).
  • Traffic injuries and deaths (10 per cent).
  • The price of fuel (five per cent).
  • Air quality (five per cent).
  • Road quality (five per cent).
  • Road rage (five per cent).
Calgary scored especially well in the most heavily weighted category — ranking as the third-least congested city out of the 100 on the list.

Vancouver, by contrast, ranked 71st in terms of congestion.

Germans rank Calgary as best Canadian city to drive in, Vancouver the worst

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be super concerned about last night ... Flames had the vets who will make the team in the lineup and the canucks dressed guys still looking for spots (33 skaters still in camp is crazy) so one team was going through the motions and the other had guys actually giving an effort lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt be super concerned about last night ... Flames had the vets who will make the team in the lineup and the canucks dressed guys still looking for spots (33 skaters still in camp is crazy) so one team was going through the motions and the other had guys actually giving an effort lol

Sounds like the perfect recipe for a debacle of monumental proportions on opening night :D

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallagher: "Mike Smith??? ... Is his career over now or what?" lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_mkn93jUyMr1r57ljio1_500.gif

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that will sell some stuffs amd things.... Smart signing business wise. And knowing Jagr probably hockey wise as well