• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Malkin injury should scare the Penguins this year more than any other | The Hockey News

Better yet, Rutherford must start looking at more realistic No. 3 center options, guys who can replace Bonino’s production. Pending UFA Tyler Bozak of the Toronto Maple Leafs would be a perfect fit.

It's weird that I can't imagine any package the Pens put together that would make me want to trade them Tyler Bozak.

It's a weird idea. It would have to be a hockey trade for Toronto though, right? I think they're done selling for futures.

Maybe Olli Maata? Toronto has to add a bit maybe due to age/UFA status? Ian Cole maybe? Matt Hunwick? :playball::eyebrows:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a weird idea. It would have to be a hockey trade for Toronto though, right? I think they're done selling for futures.

Maybe Olli Maata? Toronto has to add a bit maybe due to age/UFA status? Ian Cole maybe? Matt Hunwick? :playball::eyebrows:
The only problem is Toronto is paper thin at centre. It's Matthews, Kadri and then :noidea: if Bozak goes.

Just looking at C's who could be available from the league's bottom feeders right now, if they could pull off a trade for Derek Stepan (if the Coyotes eat $1 mil+ of his deal going forward, I wouldn't mind that contract on the books) then that could make Tyler Bozak expendable. Only problem with Cole or Maatta is neither are righties. Gotta figure the Leafs aren't trading for any LD's unless it's someone like OEL or MacD. Doesn't help their problems much.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just admiring Alex Debrincat's season so far and why the hell did the Leafs draft Yegor Korshkov 31st overall in 2016?

That 2016 draft has the potential to be a very good one for the Flames - Tkachuk in round 1, Tyler Parsons who is playing some great goal in the ECHL, Dillon Dube who should be on the WJHC team for Canada again this year in round 2, and Adam Fox in round 3 who could be a #3 or #4 defenseman one day.

/Leafs in town tonight, I would have rather won on Sunday and have the Leafs win tonight truth be told.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still got 10 minutes to fix it, but right now Auston Matthews is en route to his first NHL game without a shot on net.

I mention that just as trivia obviously, not criticism.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
He's still got 10 minutes to fix it, but right now Auston Matthews is en route to his first NHL game without a shot on net.

I mention that just as trivia obviously, not criticism.
trade the bum.
Boeser's point streak is snapped, so we are pretty much over him as well.

straight up, or ya need a 4th round kicker?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hasn't been right since missing those 4 games. Something's up.

The Centre/Centre Ice folks gave us the Calgary version of the broadcast last night. Their commentators said much the same. Right now, he is running at a very good level, not otherworldly.

Fortunately irrelevant, but if the NHL were participating in the Olympics, do the Leafs put pressure on him to stay home and heal, errr, rest?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple other observations from the CAL game. Nylander is so damn smooth. This has gotta be a sophomore slump. Tend to think the same about Marner, but not as confident. Leafs getting some goals from the back end lately which is good, but, (hey I am a Leafs fan, I always turn something positive into a negative) the lack of production from the forward corps is a little troubling. Particularly the Bozak line. Playing against 3rd lines, they should be eating them alive. Not seeing the production out of them though.

Finally, I think Martin is unfairly criticized at times. Sure, he is no Tiger Williams, but his skill set is superior to, say, a Domi.

And finally, Andersen. OK, I get you now dawg. Ignore October, I get it. Its not your month. Some merit in the "Andersen is the Leafs MVP" thought.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also:

Mats Sundin ranks the young Maple Leafs star right alongside the Oilers captain who many claim is already the best player in the world.

“I won’t compare him to me,” Sundin told the Toronto Star’s Rosie Dimanno. “I will say it’s fantastic watching him play, seeing a young man maturing, developing even from last year, and he’s hardly even started his career yet. I have him right up there with Connor McDavid. The Leafs have waited so long to have a young franchise player to build around. He’s that player.”

https://SportsHoopla.com/yacmqxzf

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RNH to Toronto for Nikita Zaitsev alert?

YShAd7r.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Leafs: RNH, Klefbom

To Oilers: Bozak, Gardiner, Pickard, 2018 2nd round pick (whichever is higher of TOR or SJ), retain $1 mil of RNH salary

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To Oilers: Bozak, Gardiner, Pickard, 2018 2nd round pick (whichever is higher of TOR or SJ), retain $1 mil of RNH salary

That must be reasonable, I am having a hard time finding anything to like or dislike about it. Well, I dont like giving up the pick.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Talbot is out long term then you won't even need a draft pick sweetner.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems to me like the Leafs are getting the two best pieces, so I'd say that's a bad deal for the Oilers.

So Chia likely makes this deal in the next 2 days.