• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are starting to look like the Carlyle Leafs.

dynamic_resize.jpeg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they kinda do.

/backing out of this convo now

Meh. Getting points when you're playing poorly is a good thing. As long as the poor play doesn't stretch too far into the season. I think the Leafs will be OK re: making it to the playoffs.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs did a solid for some Western teams on the playoff bubble last night (which includes the Flames in my opinion) with a win over the Wild last night. I like it.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. Getting points when you're playing poorly is a good thing. As long as the poor play doesn't stretch too far into the season. I think the Leafs will be OK re: making it to the playoffs.

You could very well be right. My concern is that their strength is firebrand hockey (we dont need no stinking defense!) and the coaching philosophy seems to frown on that style of play. They look so bad for such long stretches that it is concerning. I dont have the stats in front of me, but they have not outshot the other team very often so far this year.

More importantly, through 17 games they are on pace to end up with 96 points. Which is probably safe to make the playoffs, but they wont be coasting in by any means.

Is that better than being, oh I dunno, Montreal right now? :dhd: Well yes, yes it is. I hope you are right in your assessment though :suds:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont have the stats in front of me, but they have not outshot the other team very often so far this year.
They rarely if ever outshot teams last year either but they were at least putting up shots of their own to make it more even.

This year they're nearly as bad defensively and they're in the bottom third right now in shots per game.

Not gonna win much like that.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saskatchewan science = Ask Dr. Wendel Clark, and follow his prescription

aka get back out there, ya little poosay

Dave "Tiger" Williams also hails from Saskatchewan and in his book, he wrote that Harold Ballard called him a stubble jumper from Sasky. Tiger responded that he'd rather be a stubble jumper than a fat bastard from Ontario.

:D

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs need more penalty killers. Ron Hainsey played every single second the Leafs were on the PK (just under 8 minutes).

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I'm pretty sure that was the first time the Leafs won the HOF game in, like, ten years. Play it on Friday every year.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs need more penalty killers. Ron Hainsey played every single second the Leafs were on the PK (just under 8 minutes).

I'm not convinced that's not just a Babcock issue. That being said, Babcock certainly isn't going anywhere so if he doesn't think that anyone else can be trusted to (learn how to) kill penalties there's going to have to be a personnel change.