• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me like the Leafs are getting the two best pieces, so I'd say that's a bad deal for the Oilers.

So Chia likely makes this deal in the next 2 days.
You rate Klefbom as a better d-man than Gardiner today?

No argument on Bozak/RNH (although Bozak has 6 more points than RNH since the start of the 2015-16 season) but even if you think Klefbom eventually will be a better d-man than Gardiner (I'm not sold on that, FWIW) you have to admit that Gardiner is pretty much exactly what the Oilers are looking for on defence right now, someone who can start the breakout, drives their PP, has the speed to keep up with McDavid. They're also the team that's bottom feeding while Toronto are third in the league points-wise. Only one of these teams is desperate ATM.

/I'll admit there's a smudge of "trading my players who are struggling for your players who aren't" but really the only guy playing well out of the 5 is RNH. Far from the good ol' "Kaberle and a 1st for a 1C" crap. Even if Edmonton wanted to change the 2nd rounder to a 1st and Edmonton sends Toronto their 2nd, I wouldn't hate it and I don't think it's crazy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road trip's been a success already. All that's left now is the annual "Complain About the 4pm Start Time" East Coast Bias Classic.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK this "might" be a little early but. . . playoff seeding.

Better to win the Atlantic and play a strong WC team coming out of the Metropolitan

OR

Finished second and play the 3rd place Atlantic team (OTT, MTL, BOS, DET)??

I am thinking, let the Bolts take the Division. Nothing to be gained this year by pushing hard for that "title". Could be some interesting shenanigans as we get into Feb and Mar.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK this "might" be a little early but. . . playoff seeding.

Better to win the Atlantic and play a strong WC team coming out of the Metropolitan

OR

Finished second and play the 3rd place Atlantic team (OTT, MTL, BOS, DET)??

I am thinking, let the Bolts take the Division. Nothing to be gained this year by pushing hard for that "title". Could be some interesting shenanigans as we get into Feb and Mar.
I want TOR-MTL.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boeser will score one before sunset, one at sunset and finish off the hat trick with a game winner after sunset.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs probably deserved a point last night but that's the price of a slow start. 4 of 6 pts out west ain't bad.

Schedule gets interesting from here. Calgary in town Wednesday, in Pittsburgh Saturday, home to Kris Russell's Oilers Sunday, back to PA to play the Flyers Tuesday, out to Minny Thursday, Detroit Friday and then no HNIC game and no game until the Centenary game at 2 pm the following Tuesday (vs. historical opponent Carolina!).

The Leafs don't play back-to-back home games until the first week of January after the new year's eve game in fucking Vegas (6 game home stand vs. Tampa, SJ, Vancouver, Columbus, Ottawa and STL). Schedule makers making life easy as always!

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs probably deserved a point last night but that's the price of a slow start. 4 of 6 pts out west ain't bad.

Schedule gets interesting from here. Calgary in town Wednesday, in Pittsburgh Saturday, home to Kris Russell's Oilers Sunday, back to PA to play the Flyers Tuesday, out to Minny Thursday, Detroit Friday and then no HNIC game and no game until the Centenary game at 2 pm the following Tuesday (vs. historical opponent Carolina!).

The Leafs don't play back-to-back home games until the first week of January after the new year's eve game in fucking Vegas (6 game home stand vs. Tampa, SJ, Vancouver, Columbus, Ottawa and STL). Schedule makers making life easy as always!

Fuck Arturs Irbe.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the cesspool: dart guy lost a twitter bet to country singer Dallas Smith (from the vancouver area apparently lol) after the canuck win saturday ... Dallas Smith will now fly out dart guy to a canucks game, he will sit in Dallas Smiths canucks season ticket seat, wearing canucks jersey and sporting canucks face paint, and a joint will be in his mouth in place of a dart (alledgedly)

if he can get over having to wear the canucks gear/facepaint ... not much of a lost bet lol

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from the cesspool: dart guy lost a twitter bet to country singer Dallas Smith (from the vancouver area apparently lol) after the canuck win saturday ... Dallas Smith will now fly out dart guy to a canucks game, he will sit in Dallas Smiths canucks season ticket seat, wearing canucks jersey and sporting canucks face paint, and a joint will be in his mouth in place of a dart (alledgedly)

if he can get over having to wear the canucks gear/facepaint ... not much of a lost bet lol

DART GUY 4 LIFE

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a good enough answer anymore, mostly because 1) I feel the least safe when Polak is on the ice and 2) "and the coach plays him"?? You're the coach, Michael. You play him. Why do you play him when you can't even come up with a second (first true) reason as to why you play him to the point where you begin referring to yourself in the third person???

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a good enough answer anymore, mostly because 1) I feel the least safe when Polak is on the ice and 2) "and the coach plays him"?? You're the coach, Michael. You play him. Why do you play him when you can't even come up with a second (first true) reason as to why you play him to the point where you begin referring to yourself in the third person???

Red is a safe colour, where do you think the Red Cross got its name?

polakro86

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red is a safe colour, where do you think the Red Cross got its name?

polakro86
It's one thing to try something, but once you've seen that experiment literally bleed you empty it's time to cut and run.

Keep trying to do something after it hasn't worked repeatedly is very pre-Babcock Leafs. I really don't want to go back to that.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to try something, but once you've seen that experiment literally bleed you empty it's time to cut and run.

Keep trying to do something after it hasn't worked repeatedly is very pre-Babcock Leafs. I really don't want to go back to that.

In some ways it could be even worse. "Carlyle is right because he has a Stanley Cup ring" was kind of treated like a running joke, but I hear/read that argument all the time now about Babcock's decisions.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In some ways it could be even worse. "Carlyle is right because he has a Stanley Cup ring" was kind of treated like a running joke, but I hear/read that argument all the time now about Babcock's decisions.

I don't get it and Babcock is certainly not alone in his love for useless veterans. It makes no sense to me either but at the end of the day Polak is a 3rd pairing defenseman. He's not gonna make much of a difference either way.

However as a fan of the team that trots out Mark Borowiecki whenever he's healthy I know firsthand that's of little consolation.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Mike Babcock would do with TJ Brodie, the guy was looking like a top 20 defenseman when he was playing on the right side and since Glue Glen switched him to play the left, he looks horrible.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh there were definitely people who said that with 100% seriousness back then. With Babs it's 100% worse because of all the shiny Limpic Gold!

However as a fan of the team that trots out Mark Borowiecki whenever he's healthy I know firsthand that's of little consolation.
He's seemingly dead set on including Roman Polak and Matt Martin in as many games as possible when Polak is, by all appearances, done and Matt Martin is maybe deserving of every second game (especially with Josh Leivo in the press box). The entire exercise has been so weird. Polak didn't have a contract with the team and there are at least a couple guys in the A who would be worth a call-up in the event of an injury/bad play. Who signed off on this, why, and why aren't they putting a stop to it?

I wonder what Mike Babcock would do with TJ Brodie, the guy was looking like a top 20 defenseman when he was playing on the right side and since Glue Glen switched him to play the left, he looks horrible.
TJ needs someone steady defensively opposite him. Leafs just don't have anyone like that on the left. Jake Gardiner needs pretty much the same thing Brodie needs. Putting them together would be horrifying (well, for us Leaf fans at least).

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he a good pro who plays the game the right way?