• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced that's not just a Babcock issue. That being said, Babcock certainly isn't going anywhere so if he doesn't think that anyone else can be trusted to (learn how to) kill penalties there's going to have to be a personnel change.
I'm sure it is a Babs thing, just like I know 1st line Hyman and Matt Martin never getting scratched is as well.

But if we got another guy in there that's good enough as a top 4 guy and can also handle a minute of PK I wouldn't mind it.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs haven't outshot anyone since November 2 and prior to that October 11, but they've won 6 in a row and made the province of Quebec cry last night so I guess no complaining?

Whatever. 3rd in the league and Auston 3:16 is back. Buds All Day.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame you one bit.
Says more about Nylander than the Flames roster. It's not that they're totally void of talent, it's just lack of a trade match and belief that Willie is only going to get better.

Giordano is probably the only guy who would maybe be available and be a fit but that contract isn't exactly looking great for another 4 years.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/examining-rangers-extremes-joe-thornton-run-ryan-mcdonagh-sell-off/

The bounty, though and of course, could be expected in the return for McDonagh, who is eligible to go free in 2019 and who will command seven years for between $45 and 50 million on his next deal. This is a legit, blue chip top-pair defenseman whose acquisition would immediately vault the Maple Leafs and Lightning into prime position.

If Gorton could create a bidding war between the clubs that appear the East’s elite, perhaps the Rangers could come back with Mitch Marner from Toronto

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I saw New York Post in your link BBB and immediately thought "it's gotta be a Larry Brooks piece". Yup lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

I saw New York Post in your link BBB and immediately thought "it's gotta be a Larry Brooks piece". Yup lol
He was doing so good until he started hfboard'ing trades out loud.

TB's not giving up Sergachev for MacD either Larry lol.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://nypost.com/2017/11/20/examining-rangers-extremes-joe-thornton-run-ryan-mcdonagh-sell-off/

The bounty, though and of course, could be expected in the return for McDonagh, who is eligible to go free in 2019 and who will command seven years for between $45 and 50 million on his next deal. This is a legit, blue chip top-pair defenseman whose acquisition would immediately vault the Maple Leafs and Lightning into prime position.

If Gorton could create a bidding war between the clubs that appear the East’s elite, perhaps the Rangers could come back with Mitch Marner from Toronto

michael-jordan-laugh.gif

I'm not so sure. Marner is an excellent young player but the Leafs might look for some cap flexibility with him, Nylander and the Pigmatthian all coming up for contract at about the same time. I know that McD is a UFA at the same time so it could be dicey but things could get tricky if all three of the young guns look to cash in at the same time.

If I was the Leafs I'd want a bit more but I don't think it's THAT crazy. McD is a pretty damn good player.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not so sure. Marner is an excellent young player but the Leafs might look for some cap flexibility with him, Nylander and the Pigmatthian all coming up for contract at about the same time. I know that McD is a UFA at the same time so it could be dicey but things could get tricky if all three of the young guns look to cash in at the same time.

If I was the Leafs I'd want a bit more but I don't think it's THAT crazy. McD is a pretty damn good player.
If MacD had term on his deal beyond next season then I could maybe see something happening but he doesn't, while Marner is controllable for another 5 years after this one.

Beyond that, let's say Matthews gets a McDavid'ish deal while Nylander and Marner get a little more than Gaudreau money. Say the three come out to $25 mil, as things stand in 2019-20 they would have around $60 mil mil against the cap as things stand with 2 D spots (assuming Liljegren is with the club by then and at least one of Dermott, Nielsen or Rasanen join him) and maybe 2 F spots to fill (assuming Kapanen and Grundstrom are with the big club). Say they re-sign one of Gardiner or JVR for $6.5 mil. That leaves them in the high $60 mil area with only a few roster spots to fill and another $9 mil coming off the books the next summer when Martin and Marleau's deals expire (not to mention the possible raising of the cap into the $80s).

Which is all to say, they're pretty well set up to keep all three.

I would love MacD on the Leafs, but my guess is the only way that ever happens is if they do a deal like the Preds-Sens-Avs one where the Rangers take assets and someone else takes Jake Gardiner and another asset. Leafs do have all their picks as well as SJ's 2nd this year, if they stay in a good position it might be time to use those in a deal.