• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone's head is on a pike somewhere.

While I understand that explanation, if it's me at that point in the game with the score/situation being what it was that's kind of an automatic challenge.

I'm curious if "didn't get the message from video coach in time" means that the video coach didn't get his job done quickly enough or that there was a technical malfunction (either with sending the message, viewing the replay or both). He mentions the video coach specifically but it's still kind of a passive statement. Oh well, not really that important I guess

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking forward to a 7-6 final score tonight and hopefully a Leafs win.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I understand that explanation, if it's me at that point in the game with the score/situation being what it was that's kind of an automatic challenge.

I'm curious if "didn't get the message from video coach in time" means that the video coach didn't get his job done quickly enough or that there was a technical malfunction (either with sending the message, viewing the replay or both). He mentions the video coach specifically but it's still kind of a passive statement. Oh well, not really that important I guess
Here's what Kristin Shilton got out of Babs:

Sounds like they really didn't have a foolproof, time-efficient relay system to get the word from the video coach to the bench.

May I suggest a fucking Apple Watch or, shit, even a pager? It's 2017 this should not be an issue lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs did it to themselves tonight (and Andersen on that last goal...yikes) but the refereeing was atrocious.

Lot of calls for Sparks to get called up and get a game or two in.

He's probably earned it and Andersen could probably use a bit of a break over the next week. Get Sparks to start vs. Minny and have them split the Boston double.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leafs did it to themselves tonight (and Andersen on that last goal...yikes) but the refereeing was atrocious.

Lot of calls for Sparks to get called up and get a game or two in.

He's probably earned it and Andersen could probably use a bit of a break over the next week. Get Sparks to start vs. Minny and have them split the Boston double.

While I would have no problem with it I don't think that they will make a move after only two games from McElhinney. I know that winning seems like it's probably a little more important this season than it was last year but even Enroth got 6 games before they tossed him aside, and he was even 4-5 inches shorter :wink:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would have no problem with it I don't think that they will make a move after only two games from McElhinney. I know that winning seems like it's probably a little more important this season than it was last year but even Enroth got 6 games before they tossed him aside, and he was even 4-5 inches shorter :wink:
I said in a previous post that I wasn’t concerned with who’s the back up and I stick by that but since a) the Leafs grabbed Pickard so probably aren’t thrilled with Mac as is and b) Andersen hasn’t been great and the schedule is packed at the moment, could see it as something they try for the near-term. Be just as unsurprised if they just give Mac a couple of starts and hope for the best.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said in a previous post that I wasn’t concerned with who’s the back up and I stick by that but since a) the Leafs grabbed Pickard so probably aren’t thrilled with Mac as is and b) Andersen hasn’t been great and the schedule is packed at the moment, could see it as something they try for the near-term. Be just as unsurprised if they just give Mac a couple of starts and hope for the best.

I've heard that Mac plays the game right :lol:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some positive trends, Morgan Rielly is on pace for 60 points. If he were to make it to that total he’d have achieved a 60 pt season 4 years earlier than Tomas Kaberle did.

First round bust Nazem Kadri is on pace for 40 goals, which would be a nice follow up on his 32 goal performance last season.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mjl.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Nick needs to go to the quiet room, it's pretty obvious he banged his head again.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auston Matthews will miss his first regular season game tonight. He will still will his team to victory from the press box, however.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auston Matthews will miss his first regular season game tonight. He will still will his team to victory from the press box, however.

Looking forward to hearing from TSN / Sportsnet whether the butter on his popcorn is salted or unsalted. I'll be glued to the outstanding Canadian sports media for this breaking story.