• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

College Football Hot seat Rankings

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree completely. Unfortunately, most fanbases nowadays aren't very patient.

Some miami fans are already fed up of Richt (i'm not even kidding) because of ONE, one point loss to FSU. Impatient is one thing, downright insane is another.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tracey Claeys has to go after this season. Our play has been terrible, and we may not win a game the rest of the season (including Rutgers). That's not including the lack of discipline we've shown on the field (18th most penalized team in the nation, and 4 ejections). His buyout is only $500k too. Add to that a new AD and his days are definitely numbered.

But who do you hire in his place? PJ Fleck would be a home run, but you gotta think other team's are eyeing him.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the ones I put on that list this was the one I questioned the most. Sounds like the new defensive coordinator and hope it improves might happen. Texas Tech is middle of the pack right now and that's their peak unless the defense improves because that offense can't possibly get much better.
I live 90 miles from Lubbock. The defense isn't going to get better at Tech just by changing DCs. They've tried that. Had something like 7 in 9 years or something crazy. They will only improve when they recruit some better players...and that ain't easy at Tech. JMO.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But who do you hire in his place? PJ Fleck would be a home run, but you gotta think other team's are eyeing him.
This is the million dollar question for all the schools but "the biggies"...and even them to a certain extent.

Guys perceived as "up and comers" like Herrman, Fleck, etal can sit back an wait for the ideal jobs to open up. They don't have to take one that is seen as middle of the pack being the ceiling.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure. I never liked the Claeys hire, though I understand why they did it.

I honestly would have liked to see us make a run at Richt last off season. It was clear his days were up at Georgia and he would have fit well culturally and schematically here. We may not have landed him, especially since Miami had more money to throw at him, but it would have been nice to see us try at least.

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way Helfrich and Strong can keep their respected jobs??? Of course besides winning out... B/c both teams are looking over matched and embarrassing in most aspects..

AURadioman2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there any way Helfrich and Strong can keep their respected jobs??? Of course besides winning out... B/c both teams are looking over matched and embarrassing in most aspects..
I don't think Helfrich gets fired. Think he needs one more bad season before being shown the door.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of crazy to put a coach on the hot seat after only a season, especially when it's a huge culture change

There won't be any on my list, I'm mostly avoiding 2nd year coaches as well, but there will be a couple.
Whats with the Chip Kelly wearing BSU gear? Sig bet?

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Helfrich gets fired. Think he needs one more bad season before being shown the door.
say the ducks finish 4-8, 5-7??? When was the last time Duckzilla had a loosing season?

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read that Helfrich is going to get another year. Now, that's not confirmed through Burger King so please don't take it too seriously. But it came from a VERY reliable source.
One more year of Helfrich, book it!

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read that Helfrich is going to get another year. Now, that's not confirmed through Burger King so please don't take it too seriously. But it came from a VERY reliable source.
One more year of Helfrich, book it!
Which one of you posters haven't taken a lunch yet? Take your ass down to BK and confirm this.... Or just call Uncle Phil.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats with the Chip Kelly wearing BSU gear? Sig bet?

No last year when it was clear that Chip Kelly was going to be fired from the Eagles we started fake rumors of him to like 30 different schools to piss OD off, and Clarkson photoshopped Chip Kelly on all 30 of those teams, then as a joke most of the people on the board changed their avatars to it and there's like 10 of us who have been too lazy to change it, me being one of them.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heating Up: The rest of the coaches on the hot seat, these coaches could rise up these ratings as the season goes on, or could find their way off the list.

Bob Stoops (Oklahoma): Why he could survive this year? Stoops has been a long time top coach at Oklahoma and despite some disappointing years he's still regarded as one of the nation's top coaches and most years has Oklahoma as a thread for the Big 12. Beating rivals earns forgiveness with the fanbase and Stoops does really well against Texas and Oklahoma State. Why he could be fired? When at a top program the pressure is high, Oklahoma fans are tired of the disappointing seasons and letdowns on the big stage.

Dana Holgerson (West Virginia): Why he could survive this year? Well for one he's got West Virginia off to a hot start as one of the last 11 unbeatens. Many have forgetten he's even on the hotseat already. With the Big 12 down and Baylor & Oklahoma as home games Holgerson could have a great year and get himself off the hotseat completely. Why he might be fired? West Virginia has disappointed in Big 12 play during Holgerson's tenure, and last year's 8-5 season was his best since winning in the Orange bowl in an absolute blowout over Clemson in a game that seems like it happened a long time ago. A disappointing finish could cause Holgerson to rise up this list.

Steve Addazio (Boston College): Why he might survive this year? Addazio's early teams at Boston College often punched above their weight and played tough games against their best opponents even upsetting some highlighted by a win over USC. That early promise might give him another year even though this looks to be the 2nd disappointing season in a row. Why he might be fired? Boston College still hasn't won an ACC game since 2014 and with them now being blown out by teams they used to challenge things seem to be going down instead of up this year they're 3-3 but the wins are over UMass, Wagner and Buffalo.

Dave Doeren (NC State): Why he might survive this year? The Notre Dame win in a hurricane this past weekend was perhaps the best team that Doeren has beaten in his tenure. NC State is off to a 5-1 start. Why he might be fired? The Notre Dame win really isn't as good as it would normally be, it's likely that NC State will disappoint from here on out starting with Clemson this week. Doeren also hasn't beaten East Carolina during his tenure, and that means they lost to a really bad East Carolina team this year.

Paul Johnson (Georgia Tech): Why he might survive this year? Don't forget Johnson won two Orange bowls in his time at Georgia Tech and that's a pretty impressive feat. The different style of offense has given Georgia Tech a whole new identity, they didn't have much of one before. Why he might be fired? While he has Orange bowl wins he also has complete dud seasons like last year, the option offense is one the ACC has adjusted to making it difficult for Georgia Tech to win games, they seemed destined for mediocrity this year.

Charlie Partridge (Florida Atlantic): Why he might survive this year? Partridge is only in his 2nd year, and Florida Atlantic isn't the easiest of jobs so they might give him a 3rd, they did almost beat Florida last year. Why he might be fired? The close loss to Florida is part of a pattern for Partridge's FAU teams, they can't win in close games. Last year they lost several in ridiculous fashion. Now this year they've lost 3 straight games by less than a touchdown to Ball State, FIU(who had just fired their coach) and Charlotte (who was widely considered the worst team in college football prior to the game). All 3 were games a Florida Atlantic team that returned a decent amount of starters should have won.

Chuck Martin (Miami of Ohio): Why he might survive this year? Martin seemed to have this team built for an improvement in 2017, this year looked lost to begin with and he has given nearby rival Cincinnati a tough game 2 years in a row. Why he might be fired? It's been 3 years and thus far he has had no success at Miami of Ohio. This year might be the worst as they're 0-6 and well on the pace to be the first team eliminated from bowl contention, they led Eastern Illinois by 10 with 4 minutes left and somehow lost the game.

Rich Rodriguez (Arizona): Why he might survive this year? Bringing Arizona to the fiesta bowl is no small achievement that was the best season Arizona has had in a long time. Rich Rod's Arizona teams had been consistently good prior to that as well. Rich Rod also has injuries as a good excuse for the struggles the last 2 years. Why he might be fired? If Arizona keeps trending downward he could be in trouble, they were pretty bad last year and barely made a bowl now this year they are awful. Arizona is currently 2-4 and one of the wins is a 31-21 win over Grambing State in a game where they trailed 21-3 before Grambling State's QB got hurt.

Gus Malzahn (Auburn): Why he might survive this year? His hot seat has cooled after some better performances after a 2-2 start, he also has brought Auburn to the national championship and won one with them as an offensive coordinator. He could still right the ship this year. Why he might be fired? It had all been steadily downhill for Malzahn since the national championship appearance. For a man known for his offense the offense has lacked punch since last year and while it finally had a good game against a SEC opponent this past weekend it was against Mississippi State a team who lost to South Alabama and got in a shootout with UMass.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No last year when it was clear that Chip Kelly was going to be fired from the Eagles we started fake rumors of him to like 30 different schools to piss OD off, and Clarkson photoshopped Chip Kelly on all 30 of those teams, then as a joke most of the people on the board changed their avatars to it and there's like 10 of us who have been too lazy to change it, me being one of them.
I have Kiffin going to Oregon :whistle:

Full Potato

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Mullen is the most gone coach there is in college football. He has just fired his agent and hired Jimmy Sexton to try to get him a new job. He has been trying for over a year to renegotiate his buyout. He wants it lowered. What does that tell you? He wants to cut to something another school might actually pay.

His team has totally quit on him. They know he doesn't want to be there and have had enough. They just hired a new AD today who owes him nothing. The locker room situation is terrible. They are dropping passes and muffing punts and not blocking until he gives in and plays the QB popular with the team.

Check out this non-block from Saturday that got his QB destroyed.