• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Franson

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To illustrate how bad the Franson contract is,

Otis' team just re-upped Roussel for 4 years at 1.6/1.8/2.2/2.4

I would sign Roussel all day at those numbers in comparison to Franson's contract. Notwithstanding it is only for 1 year.

As BBB keeps saying, they better trade him.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franson has 62 points past two seasons; Quincey has 16. Where's the comparison?

The comparison is in team situations. Quincey/Franson was not their first, second or third choice to fill out their defensive corps. The Wings/Leafs have intriguing talent in their AHL affiliate, but the team feels those prospects are not quite ready for the big stage, so they settled with re-signing last year's guy to a short-term deal to allow those prospects more development time before bringing them up.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some positive stat that he ranks top 3 or 5 in the league for. I saw it on TSN last week, I just can't for the life of me remember what it was and can't find it. Dragon might know.

Either way, i'm not crying over $3.5 million for a year of Franson.

Not sure about what stat you're talking about, but he's 20th in the league in points over the last two years. That's not top 5, but it's nothing to sneeze at. I think he could be a sneaky good pickup for another team that wants to see if he can be deRandyed. His biggest problem last year seemed to be putting himself out of position looking to finish hits, the kind of thing that pleases Randy but can give up goals.

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The comparison is in team situations. Quincey/Franson was not their first, second or third choice to fill out their defensive corps. The Wings/Leafs have intriguing talent in their AHL affiliate, but the team feels those prospects are not quite ready for the big stage, so they settled with re-signing last year's guy to a short-term deal to allow those prospects more development time before bringing them up.

Well ...... if your gonna be all logical about it.......

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andreas Johnson is another guy, he had a very good season last year playing against men as a 19 year old and was the Swedish League Rookie of the Year.

Knew I was forgetting one. I'm more optimistic about him and Granberg than I am Finn or Percy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While not disagreeing, I think the difference Leafs fully intend to move Franson, while Quincey will be in Wings camp.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew I was forgetting one. I'm more optimistic about him and Granberg than I am Finn or Percy.

I think there's one other guy who wouldn't Loov to hear that you forgot about him either :wink:

Harry Crack

Best 8 sec's of her life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DL is not into Prison Sex, Harry.

He is more the Metrosexual type

You hilarious and sick puppy ! Who said anything about prison sex. Sometimes loob and loov are a nice combo when the wife is feeling adventurous:rollseyes:

Swamp Dragon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about what stat you're talking about, but he's 20th in the league in points over the last two years. That's not top 5, but it's nothing to sneeze at. I think he could be a sneaky good pickup for another team that wants to see if he can be deRandyed. His biggest problem last year seemed to be putting himself out of position looking to finish hits, the kind of thing that pleases Randy but can give up goals.

Send him to the Preds where he can team up with minor hockey D partner Weber