• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coaching Search

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be sure you're ok turning a blind eye with either

Ludicrous. Butch has no NCAA violations in his past. You can be sure he won't be hiring John Blake again. Butch went to Miami when they already were on probation and dealing with sanctions and turned them into a National Title team...not the other way around. Tressel on the other hand, has been at two different schools and had scandals at both...

Knightmare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The show-cause would mean he couldn't coach the team the first 5 weeks and they'd have to skip a bowl game.

Gotcha, didn't know he had either. Disregard my last couple of post then.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tressel would be a good get for a team that is on it's ass, has good resources, and would not be anticipating a bowl in year one anyway.

That's not Wisconsin

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what penalties are over tressels head? isn't there like a scholly reduction or 5 game suspension?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Link?

2. What? Al Golden has done....absolutely nothing. Temple is "turned around?" He's a "great recruiter?" Where are the results on the field against real competition to back that up?

Sorry, I understand everyone has theories and opinions, but you're going to have to do better.

1. Schefter has said it multiple times that his NFL sources feel Kelly is as good as gone to NFL.

2. Temple went from the doorstep of extinction and 1 win seasons to 9 and 8 win seasons under Golden. He was a great recruiter at PSU and Virginia as well. He's also putting together a nice class this year under the cloud of a big investigation.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ludicrous. Butch has no NCAA violations in his past. You can be sure he won't be hiring John Blake again. Butch went to Miami when they already were on probation and dealing with sanctions and turned them into a National Title team...not the other way around. Tressel on the other hand, has been at two different schools and had scandals at both...

It's still very hard for me to believe that Butch had no idea what Blake was doing, or that his players were getting a free pass through school.

Also not convinced he was clean at Miami, either.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's Jim Tressal? And fuck Wisconsin...LOL @ them targeting former Iowa players because they can't groom their own!!!

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's still very hard for me to believe that Butch had no idea what Blake was doing, or that his players were getting a free pass through school.

Also not convinced he was clean at Miami, either.

Yes, but even though you believe that it shouldn't affect his hire-ability. He was cleared of wrongdoing by the NCAA and won't be hiring John Blake. He also won't be hired by an institution that already has a system in place to help students stay academically eligible. (which i don't believe to be the case at UNC, but it seems a lot of "haters" believe it - or want it - to be true)

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Schefter has said it multiple times that his NFL sources feel Kelly is as good as gone to NFL.

2. Temple went from the doorstep of extinction and 1 win seasons to 9 and 8 win seasons under Golden. He was a great recruiter at PSU and Virginia as well. He's also putting together a nice class this year under the cloud of a big investigation.

1. Would he really go to Oregon though? Aren't there a lot of rumors about investigations headed their way?

That sounds like Iowa.

He better Fucking not go there.

Guess what. I think he's going to.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll settle it for you all right now. Tressel and Davis aren't even options. If somehow I have completely misunderstood Barry Alvarez, and we end up with one of those two because they're his kind of guys, I will wear an avatar of HRUF's choosing for 3 months.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll settle it for you all right now. Tressel and Davis aren't even options. If somehow I have completely misunderstood Barry Alvarez, and we end up with one of those two because they're his kind of guys, I will wear an avatar of HRUF's choosing for 3 months.

What did Alvarez say that rules Butch Davis out? Are you looking specifically at hiring someone with ties to the university? Because I don't see Chryst leaving Pitt or Doeren leaving State, or a promotion happening, unless its own an interim base. I could maybe see Alvarez coaching for a year so that he can get a big hire after next season. But i don't really understand what would rule him out other than not having ties. He is in a different position than Tressel. He doesn't have a show cause, and he has never (personally) been in trouble with the NCAA. I am not saying you should hire him, im hoping he ends up at USF or FIU, but I am interested in why he isn't qualified or whatever.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, there's no way he would limit the program to just alumni or former UW coaches.

On Butch Davis, you're the only one even talking about it from what I've seen. For the same reason that the best he could do was land a special teams coaching position, he won't even be considered.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, there's no way he would limit the program to just alumni or former UW coaches.

On Butch Davis, you're the only one even talking about it from what I've seen. For the same reason that the best he could do was land a special teams coaching position, he won't even be considered.

If your referring to the Buccs job he landed, its because he could accept that job and still get paid by Carolina. He was a candidate for Tennessee, Arkansas, Auburn, USF, and FIU. If a ST job is the only thing he can get it is because UNC and John Blake tarnished his image, not because he lacks head coaching ability.

I really don't understand the disrespect that he gets. He is a great coach, who was in an unfortunate situation at Carolina that probably ruined his career.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Solich? He and Barry are buds.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Davis does get the disrespect. He's allsp 61. That's all the reason Barry needs too choose someone else to be the face of the program.

Solich? Come on, give us some credit.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Davis does get the disrespect. He's allsp 61. That's all the reason Barry needs too choose someone else to be the face of the program.

Solich? Come on, give us some credit.

Yeah, I am trying to understand where it comes from. Someone in another thread said sun belt coaches would be a better coaches. I can understand him being old though.